Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 08:33 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,060,443 times

Advertisements

When there is an increasing number of drunk drivers and DUI drivers by each year you can expect things like this.

I'm sure the state of Texas asks, "What is wrong with kids these days?". When they are hazardous to themselves and others innocent on the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 09:19 PM

1,632 posts, read 3,328,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
When there is an increasing number of drunk drivers and DUI drivers by each year you can expect things like this.

I'm sure the state of Texas asks, "What is wrong with kids these days?". When they are hazardous to themselves and others innocent on the road.
I think we all ask "What's wrong with kids these days?"... I swear, the most self-centered and most misguided generation this planet has ever seen.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:23 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,060,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texascrude View Post
I think we all ask "What's wrong with kids these days?"... I swear, the most self-centered and most misguided generation this planet has ever seen.
I am 20, and I ask that question a lot too. When laws change because some idiot kid goes out drinking and driving and kills a whole family in the process... that really reflects the negatives.

Not all kids are like that, but there's an increasing number carelessness.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:34 PM

3 posts, read 2,014 times
i lived in may countires and I have to say that the drivers here are one of the worst i have ever seen. dont just blame the younger people when you are not much better. this is like a cigar smoker lecturing a pot smoker. you all arent good drivers. a law like this wont change nothing about the attitude of the people. its not that they dont know how to drive. they just make the wrong choices. i have to say that i used to be a better driver too. im starting to blend in somehow too. im always amazed at what you see here on the freeway. and those are not the younger people only by far. its just not fair to blame only them like in this thread.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:37 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,571,630 times
I blame all the idiots babbling on their phones, texting, updating their Facebook statuses and tweeting that they're driving while stupid, putting on makeup, whatever they're doing instead of paying attention to what they're doing.

Regardless of age.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:40 PM

3 posts, read 2,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I blame all the idiots babbling on their phones, texting, updating their Facebook statuses and tweeting that they're driving while stupid, putting on makeup, whatever they're doing instead of paying attention to what they're doing.

Regardless of age.
yes. you are a smart person then.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:50 PM

499 posts, read 2,157,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post

Regardless of age.
So true. It absolutely astounds me how many people I see on my daily Beltway commute that are texting, drinking a coffee one hand, holding phone to other ear and driving with elbows, looking all over the front seat for something while swerving all over their lane and my favorite, putting on eyeliner while driving.
Not making it up, and not exaggerating, I see this every single day and many times. Oh, and none of them are 16 year olds, they're all grown adults.
In the afternoon commute, I would take a rough guess and say that at least half of all drivers are using a cell phone while driving.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:51 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,571,630 times
The problem is I'm not sure that driver's ed will fix any of that.

I never took "official" driver's ed and was driving pretty long distances fairly regularly for work assignments long before I hit 24. This would've messed my stuff up a bit. Of course even then I didn't have a phone glued to my ear.

Most every day I find myself at the intersection of South Shepherd and Richmond at some point in the afternoon. If I hit a red light, I like to count how many people are on the phone in the crossing traffic. Can reliably hit five or six at ease, and that's if I only caught half the red light.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:21 PM

30 posts, read 52,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
OP here is a simple question:
do you know how to drive a car and know the rules and regulations?
back in my home country, i drove manual shift cars, though it was illegal since i was only 14, i got lucky. and believe me, i drove in WORSE conditions and on broken streets. if you're familiar with Indian traffic, you'll know what i'm talking about. AND i never hit something or anything.

oh, and a few months ago, i was so bored i read the whole "Texas Driver's Handbook" and i promise i would've passed the test if i was allowed to take it. i knew almost everything in the book.

so yeah, i know how to drive and i know the rules and regulations.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:31 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,831,614 times
Darn, I keep trying to give reputation to many of you and apparently I've already done so to everyone I wanted to rep again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston