Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 08:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonfan View Post
Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking. Was glancing through all the posts and this OP is making so many faulty arguments in this debate it's hopeless. Like "we should be allowed to drive and kill people because senior citizens kill more so we're not the culprit" and "careless drivers will always be careless so drivers ed will not help anyone." and my favorite "parents would never let their child drive if they didn't think they were ready"

Don't waste any more time on this nitwit, he has a faulty counter argument for everything.
I read some of his posts on other subjects as well. Oh, and for him and kids like him, beleive it or not seniors have the best driving records. Yes, sometimes they don't belong on the road cause they are too careful and unsure of themselves (I know, we have them around here) but they do have good records and the accidents they have normally are nothing more than fender benders. Remember everyone I am generalizing. I am not saying seniors are all good drivers. Centainly anyone that refers to someone over 60 as not being safe needs to check what they are posting and facts. Most 60 year olds are still working full time, many are truck drivers.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 12:27 PM

30 posts, read 52,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Stupid to you, but they are not stupid. Your attitude alone shows why they have laws about who should and should not get drivers licenses. It is called maturity versus non maturity. In other words, I don't like the law so it is stupid!!!

NIta
what's your point? that im immature?
in case u haven't read my older posts, i know how to drive and i know all the rules and regulations, and i'm not the only one. why can't they give us a chance before judging us based on our age?

Old 07-24-2010, 12:30 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,571,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrar2011 View Post
what's your point? that im immature?
From what I've seen in this thread, the shoe fits pretty well.

Quit whining, take drivers ed (who knows, you might learn something on top of the everything that you know) and get your license. You say you can afford it, so just do it. That simple.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonfan View Post
Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking. Was glancing through all the posts and this OP is making so many faulty arguments in this debate it's hopeless. Like (1) "we should be allowed to drive and kill people because senior citizens kill more so we're not the culprit" and (2) "careless drivers will always be careless so drivers ed will not help anyone." and my favorite (3) "parents would never let their child drive if they didn't think they were ready"

Don't waste any more time on this nitwit, he has a faulty counter argument for everything.
1. I didn't say that, but it makes sense. We are not the only one causing accidents, and most of them are not because we're inexperienced.

2. Stats say that most teenage accidents happen due to DUI or DWI, which means it has nothing to do with Driver's Ed. Driver's Ed only teaches them how to drive, and how to drive defensively. But after they get their Driver's Licence, they make their own choice and there is no one stop them. Though in Driving Schools they all say DUI and DWI and stuff like that is fatal and dangerous, most people who are only focused on getting their Driver's Licence don't really care, they do whatever they want after getting their DL. And most of them don't listen to their own parents, how do you expect them to listen to some old teacher at Driving School?

3. What's wrong with that one?

Old 07-24-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
From what I've seen in this thread, the shoe fits pretty well.

Quit whining, take drivers ed (who knows, you might learn something on top of the everything that you know) and get your license. You say you can afford it, so just do it. That simple.
Oh I am gonna have to do it, no matter what, because I'm not waiting till I'm 25. I'm just saying that I shouldn't be forced to to take Driver's Ed even after I turn 18.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:11 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,206,100 times
Quote:
Oh I am gonna have to do it, no matter what, because I'm not waiting till I'm 25. I'm just saying that I shouldn't be forced to to take Driver's Ed even after I turn 18.
No one is forcing you. Don't take it. You just can't drive, that's all.
No one can force me to keep taking real estate courses - but then I can't keep my license. Life is full of choices.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:33 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,883,329 times
Quote:
I am 17 and I was considering applying for the Driver's Licence OR Parent taught Driver's Ed, but then I realized that I only have around 8 months till I turn 18, so why waste time and money on Driver's Ed?
BUT then I saw this:

" As of March 1, 2010, driver license applicants between the ages of 18 and 24 must complete an approved driver education course and a driving skills test to become a licensed driver in Texas. Applicants must submit a certificate proving successful completion of a driver education course approved by the Texas Education Agency under Sections 1001.101 (a) (1), 1001.101 (a) (2), or 1001.1015, Texas Education Code. "

WHY?!
What is wrong with the state of Texas or Rick Perry or whoever passes theses stupid laws?
There's nothing wrong with Texas. What's wrong with you that you're so afraid of a Driver's Ed Course? It's no big deal!

Old 07-24-2010, 04:14 PM

404 posts, read 1,031,552 times
Hey, we're stuck in the same boat!

I agree, it's very dumb.

Old 07-24-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
There's nothing wrong with Texas. What's wrong with you that you're so afraid of a Driver's Ed Course? It's no big deal!
haha in case you haven't read my previous post, i said i'm not afraid, i just don't like having to waste money on driver's ed even after i'm 18. because i already know how to drive and already know the rules and regulations.

Old 07-24-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4ivaylo View Post
Hey, we're stuck in the same boat!

I agree, it's very dumb.
Thank you. at least someone understands me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston