Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 01:18 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
49ers might get Jim Harbaugh.
Good for them. You might consider taking that to a 49ers discussion where someone cares.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 01:49 PM

153 posts, read 325,924 times
I for one like the idea of keeping Kubiak. I did throughout the season wanted his a-s fired right after a losing game. It's like he is clueless in some of the games. Why would you throw the ball in overtime against the Ravens is beyond me. Their defense were exhausted. The way we scored on them in the 4th quarter proves that they can't stop us, and they have one of the best defense every year.
The second game against the Colts was also mind boggling. I mean Arian had over 200 yards the first game, and Kubiak decided to get cute and throw the ball more. For once we have a legitimate running back that can run and catch.
However, my idea is that we have one of the best offense in the last three or four years. Maybe a better defensive corner back, and a few key free agents my clean up the organization a little bit. Also Kubiak could spend some time looking at game tapes of previous games, and game tapes of other coaches to get a feel of it. He need to learn better clock management. We had 3 freaking timeouts with about 50 seconds left, and the guy didn't even bother to take a chance to get a score in. I just hope he does something right if he is kept. I know the possibility is low since he haven't done it for the last 5 years, but I'm just hoping he starts now.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:06 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,811,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Good for them. You might consider taking that to a 49ers discussion where someone cares.
Well, there are lot of 49ers fans in Houston. We had people moved to Houston here from Bay Area, CA.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Well, there are lot of 49ers fans in Houston. We had people moved to Houston here from Bay Area, CA.
Apparently you're the only one who's on city-data then.

I watched the Packers game with over 100, probably closer to 150 Green Bay fans. In Houston. You don't see me or any of them going on about the Pack in here though, do you?

Old 01-03-2011, 05:22 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,811,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Apparently you're the only one who's on city-data then.

I watched the Packers game with over 100, probably closer to 150 Green Bay fans. In Houston. You don't see me or any of them going on about the Pack in here though, do you?
Go to the San Francisco forum and the Football forum, there is plenty.

Are you a Texans or Packers fan?

Old 01-03-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Go to the San Francisco forum and the Football forum, there is plenty.
Which is all the more reason why it's useless for you to carry on in this thread, numbnuts.

Quote:
Are you a Texans or Packers fan?
I would rather see the Texans succeed than not, but I was a Packers fan long before the Texans existed.

The team here does provide a great outlet for my tendency to spread views which are contrary to those most commonly held by Houston sports fans.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:37 AM

4,246 posts, read 12,027,479 times
Bob McNair is to much of a nice guy and looks at his team as his family. He doesn't have the stones to fire everyone which he should do. And please Bob stop saying that if you did, it would take 2 yrs to get going once you got a new coaching staff in. In the NFL it can take just one year. I hope Kubiak learns clock management and gets to the Playoffs next year.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:17 PM

48 posts, read 129,866 times
This man should be the Texans number 1 priority in the offseason, he will upgrade that porous secondary immediately! He won't be cheap, but his addition could really improve this team.

Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided
By Adam Schefter
ESPN

Pro Bowl cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided and now will be allowed to become an unrestricted free agent without the Oakland Raiders being able to use their franchise tag on him, according to an NFL Players Association document.

AFC West blog

Williamson ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Asomugha’s deal included a little-known clause that said his contract would void if he didn’t achieve his not-likely-to-be-earned incentives in 2010 -- and he didn'’t. His contract also contained a stipulation that if he didn’t achieve his incentives, the Raiders would agree not to designate him their franchise or transition player.

To achieve his incentives, Asomugha had to play in a greater number of defensive plays in 2010 than he did in 2009, and this season Asomugha played in only 14 games whereas he played in all 16 in 2009.

He also could have achieved his incentives by improving upon on his interceptions, fumble recoveries or sacks this season -- but he didn?t have any interceptions, fumble recoveries or sacks this season.

He will be the top defensive player available whenever free agency begins.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:33 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
With how the Texans operate, we won't even pursue him.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:19 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,027,479 times
LOL, Bob cares about his bank roll not about winning. He already makes millions being a basement team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston