Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 05:49 PM

44 posts, read 51,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmik View Post
First off you not looking for a get around car. Your looking for a girl getter.
Yeah in other words - a ***** Magnet

So please suggest me something ? Hows the Hyundai Sonata or Elantra ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 05:51 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,140,569 times
Get a Hyundai Elantra or Sonata. My husband has a 2008 Elantra and I find it quite fun to drive. Great gas mileage, no issues, fantastic warranty, great car. My inlaws have a Hyundai Veracruz and Santa Fe and have never had issues with theirs either.

I love the new Sonata remodel. If his car wasn't only 2 years old and paid off, I would trade it in!! The Elantra is getting a remodel for 2011 and it looks really sporty: Elantra Exterior

Look at Edmunds.com for good reviews.

Old 12-26-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
Get a Hyundai Elantra or Sonata. My husband has a 2008 Elantra and I find it quite fun to drive. Great gas mileage, no issues, fantastic warranty, great car. My inlaws have a Hyundai Veracruz and Santa Fe and have never had issues with theirs either.

I love the new Sonata remodel. If his car wasn't only 2 years old and paid off, I would trade it in!! The Elantra is getting a remodel for 2011 and it looks really sporty: Elantra Exterior

Look at Edmunds.com for good reviews.
Thanks!

Old 12-26-2010, 05:59 PM

85 posts, read 193,467 times
If you're honestly looking for a car that has all that you listed on your first post, go for a Honda Fit. I have the 2010 model, and it meets all your criteria. My husbands 6'3" and almost 300 lbs and he can get in the back seat without problems, and drive comfortably. Mine has a 4-cyl, but has lots of get up and go, and gets great gas mileage. I've gotten up to 40mpg highway, 30 in town. Mine doesn't have a lot of the bells and whistles because I just took what they had available on the lot, but those options are available. Mine was about 12k and has held it's resale value very well.
Not the greatest car for picking up chicks as it's not real "sporty", but it might save you enough money to do other things that impress girls more... dining, roses, jewelry, etc.
good luck to ya!

Old 12-26-2010, 06:00 PM

948 posts, read 1,386,409 times
To be honest I think you should get a Dodge Charger or one of the Ford Mustangs. I like the GT or the Shelby. Add your future collage degree and I'd let you date my daughter

Old 12-26-2010, 06:08 PM

Thanks for all your opinions

My search is on..while you guys keep the replies rolling in....

Old 12-26-2010, 06:14 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
Kia Forte is sportier looking than the Optima and smaller/less expensive. Hyundai Tucson is a great looking small SUV.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:25 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,861,321 times
My parents bought my daughter a new car for her college graduation in the Spring of '09. They always bought GM ( had about 6 Caddys) and had a GM Master Card to get credit for GM purchase. They did not let my daughter pick out the car before hand and presented her the keys to a new Malibu V6 on graduation day. She was grateful but it was NOT her first choice. They had good intentions but I wish they would have let her choose something like the Vibe or a sportier car that got better milage around town.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:31 PM

948 posts, read 1,386,409 times
Roger your right. Never by a car as a gift, Take them shopping for a car is fine but picking for them is a well meaning mistake

Old 12-26-2010, 06:40 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
Really - I think kids should be grateful to have any car particularly when someone hands them one fully paid for. I work in a large corporation and we get a lot of young new hires who are so spoiled.... never had to work during college, had everything handed to them and everything always went their way ... so many of them really struggle now in the workplace because they are finding out the hard way that the world apparently doesn't revolve around them. Some of them, we are able to help and they actually listen when the more experienced of us tell them to get their act together but many think they are invincible and I feel sad for them on that day they are let go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston