Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 11:44 AM

3,283 posts, read 6,054,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by researchiskey View Post
So ppl that disagree with the infiltration are ignorant?
people who call people moving to the houston area "infiltrators" are ignorant - yes

our education system is not in shambles because we offer ESL classes. where do you get that from? do you think the first time a non-native speaker came to texas was in the last 10 years?

the article is about well to do people creating businesses and jobs. are Americans that scared they want to ruin their own country before seeing someone who looks different give them a hand? if you feel that way you lose your right to complain about the economy

the real joke in the article is calling the Woodlands an "international destination." its just a suburb

Last edited by testmo; 08-30-2011 at 12:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 02:51 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,658,318 times
Lol, how does having esl classes force anything upon your poor little white children? The only kids in esl classes are the ones who dont speak english as their first language.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:04 PM

2,639 posts, read 8,291,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorplaxy View Post
Lol, it is not just the wealthiest mexicans that go to school. Perhaps that is the case in isolated rural areas but even there i saw plenty of non-rich kids riding the bus from their villages to schools in the next larger town. Go to any urban area of Mexico, rich or poor, and you see kids going to and from school, in their school uniforms.
I have never seen one kid in school uniform or any school buses in border towns like Matamoras ...and they dont even have running water to flush the toilets in the restrooms. Its pathetic that a Country with that wealth has entire villages without the basics like running potable water.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:15 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,709,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westres1 View Post
I have never seen one kid in school uniform or any school buses in border towns like Matamoras ...and they dont even have running water to flush the toilets in the restrooms. Its pathetic that a Country with that wealth has entire villages without the basics like running potable water.
Hey, that describes parts of Texas.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:51 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,658,318 times
Quote:
Lol. Matamoros? You know absokutely nothing. You cant even spell the name of the city. Yes. There are tons of school children there running around in uniforms although many with a bit more money cross the border on a daily basis for schools.

They dont have running water? My god you are ignorant. Matamoros has everything any larger modern city...all your crappy chain restaurants like applebees and mcdonalds, large supermarkets, tons of cars and dealerships, public transport, internet cafes, all kinds of shops..

Maybe Mexico doesnt have a great reputation with water but when i stayed there for several months i drank much tap water and never got sick. Do you think americas tap water is like the nectar of the gods or something?

You know nothing about Mexico. True, Mexico does not have as much money as America, but Mexico is still a pretty moderately wealthy nation, where people are granted many modern comforts and Mexicans are never hungry ( Mexico has second highest rate of obesity in world after us).

You want poor? Go to Niger or Chad, where you spend half of the measly amount of money you make to buy extremely basic food like goat cheese and dates, maybe some tea if you are doing well, where you cant even afford shoes. Where your entire village has absolutely no running water or electricity or cars or internet or pharmacies or shops.

I hate all of the ignorance Americans possess about Mexico. Please dont talk about a country you have next to no knowledge about.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:31 PM

2,639 posts, read 8,291,606 times
Hey Glory I am very sure there are no Applebees in Matamoros! Good Grief! Ive been to Matamoros and that crappy little Mexican town on the otherside of McAllen many many times and there are NOOOO Applebees or McDonalds. Plus you cant put toilet paper in the toilets so they have trash cans next to toilet it is Gross! If its so wealthy why is it considered a third world Country. Your a troll!

Old 08-30-2011, 06:27 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,300,410 times
Quote:
I have never seen one kid in school uniform or any school buses in border towns like Matamoras
I've lived in the US most of my life and I can count with one hand how many times I've seen kids in school uniform

Old 08-30-2011, 06:57 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,054,392 times
Quote:
Hey Glory I am very sure there are no Applebees in Matamoros! Good Grief! Ive been to Matamoros and that crappy little Mexican town on the otherside of McAllen many many times and there are NOOOO Applebees or McDonalds. Plus you cant put toilet paper in the toilets so they have trash cans next to toilet it is Gross! If its so wealthy why is it considered a third world Country. Your a troll!
they must love McD's there. there is a "McDonald's Plaza Fiesta". Yes there is a McD's there. Also a BK near by and a "Pizza Sub Chicago". Lots of other restaurants. I would hope they wouldn't have ****ty Applebees there as its a horrible American chain.

hint: look at a map, click "search nearby". i've never been there but if you are saying it is a dissolute dust bowl without amenities you'd seem wrong

Old 08-30-2011, 07:28 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,300,410 times
This is just as bad as the canadian invasion of actors.
and don't even mention the british invasion of people on TV.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:32 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,007,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorplaxy View Post
Lol, how does having esl classes force anything upon your poor little white children? The only kids in esl classes are the ones who dont speak english as their first language.
So do you just truly not like white people? Several of your posts comment on them in a negative, sarcastic way. Mexico is a beautiful country and it is sad that outside of the cities - 3rd world conditions do exist. I saw worse poverty in Jamaica. Chad and Niger have them both beat in terms of poverty. What is interesting about Chad is that despite the poverty and going outside in 120 degree temps to cool off from the lack of indoor a/c is that you NEVER see those children crying. They are always laughing and happy to see you. They are unspoiled for certain but lack so much of what most of the world has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston