Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2012, 04:35 PM

7,896 posts, read 11,455,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_In_Translation View Post
I'm guessing 5 sales in 2011 doesn't really provide a huge market example. Maybe it was only 5 high end homes. Nottingham and Wilchester had 10 times the sales, so are much more representative of the area.
This makes sense, Fleetwood and Barkers landing are similarly situated and didnt see the same price change. It isnt a large subdivision but is gated even though its not a hard stop, just guarded gate but they cant stop you as its not a private street as I understand the situation in MT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 07:51 PM

2,086 posts, read 4,145,418 times
And it keeps going in 2012, witness this new listing. Yes, nice position in the neighborhood, but $208/sq ft in this part of NF? Really?? Not even new cabinets! How about an oven from this century...something.

14415 Bramblewood Dr, Houston, TX 77079 - HAR.com

Old 04-24-2012, 08:13 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,547,023 times
It backs to the bayou. Lots go for 800k for a tear down in areas east of there. If it was east of Kirkwood, it would have been sold pre-MLS for 850 for lot value. In 16 months there will be a new house on that lot.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,128 times
I have heard that a lot of houses in 77079 have been going in "pocket sales." How often does this happen? Is it just realtor hype or does one need to be plugged in with one of the realtors in the area in order to get a chance at some of the better houses coming on the market? Does waiting for a house to come up on HAR/MLS no longer work in 77079?

Old 04-25-2012, 09:35 AM

2,277 posts, read 3,969,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHag14 View Post
I have heard that a lot of houses in 77079 have been going in "pocket sales." How often does this happen? Is it just realtor hype or does one need to be plugged in with one of the realtors in the area in order to get a chance at some of the better houses coming on the market? Does waiting for a house to come up on HAR/MLS no longer work in 77079?
I don't think it's terminally bad, but yes alot of pocket sales do seem to occur because there are people waiting to get their dream home in this area and want to know when the primo locations/renovations come on the market. That doesn't mean they'll get first dibs because alot of people want to see where the market is and therefore won't accept offers immediately. But having a plugged in realtor is definitely an edge and I'm sure someone on here can help you find one.

The un-reno'ed and less perfect locations are coming on the market and taking time to sell however so it's not California crazy.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHag14 View Post
Yes, get plugged in, if you wait you're too late. Pick the neighborhood within 77079 you want to live in and get a realtor who lives in that neighborhood, preferably one in the mum's group.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:00 AM

49 posts, read 127,626 times
and drive the streets on a regular basis, tons of FSBO signs

Old 01-12-2013, 06:45 AM

Default Wisteria Gardens Proposal

Demolition should commence in March 2013. The average rent will be $1,500 per unit plus utilities; this will be an upscale Class A+ property. Simmons Vedder also has the Princeton Club property (NE of Memorial @ Nottingham Oaks Trail) under contract and will be building a similar, though much larger complex featuring flat & townhomes.

http://westchesterhouston.org/upload...evelopment.pdf

Great news for 77079!

Old 01-15-2013, 01:09 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,028,687 times
So who are the most plugged in agents in the SBISD side of the zip? I've read Clint Simpson many times in this thread and other West Memorial threads, but who else should I interview?

My wife and I will be looking here when the Spring inventory comes up. We'd like to stay VERY close to 400K and above 2500 sqft for a move in condition (or under 400K all in with a renovation) so I'm afraid it's going to be a very difficult search, so I need someone that can navigate those parameters for us in the area.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:52 PM

2,277 posts, read 3,969,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failed Engineer View Post
So who are the most plugged in agents in the SBISD side of the zip? I've read Clint Simpson many times in this thread and other West Memorial threads, but who else should I interview?

My wife and I will be looking here when the Spring inventory comes up. We'd like to stay VERY close to 400K and above 2500 sqft for a move in condition (or under 400K all in with a renovation) so I'm afraid it's going to be a very difficult search, so I need someone that can navigate those parameters for us in the area.
Thornwood, Westwick, Sherwood Oaks. Those are your 3 subdivision choices for renovated under 400 for >2500 sqft (and Thornwood will push that). And people will hyperventilate about the elementary schools (which have more poorer minorities, hence the neighborhood discounts. But all three are nice neighborhoods themselves.

With the teardown of two apartment complexes zoned to Nottingham (thornwoods elementary), Thornwood may see some appreciation to take it up to Nottingham forest level price per sqft soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston