Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 06:11 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,779,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
I thought Dallas held that title
The inferiority complex? No, that one is all Houston.

Go to the Dallas forum and see if you can find a thread made for the sole purpose of trashing Houston.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:22 AM

391 posts, read 923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post

Go to the Dallas forum and see if you can find a thread made for the sole purpose of trashing Houston.
The Dallas forum doesn't need a thread about trashing Houston, just ask any Dallasite on the street what they think of Houston and my point will be proven.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyAusmus View Post
The Dallas forum doesn't need a thread about trashing Houston, just ask any Dallasite on the street what they think of Houston and my point will be proven.
You can either be in denial or you can admit that its exactly the same way in Houston. I experience it every two weeks.

The choice is yours. Either way, find a thread created in the Dallas forum with the sole purpose of trashing Houston.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:14 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,972,762 times
Quote:

There have been threads before. This is just the Houston forum's turn.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
I fully agree!

Old 08-10-2012, 11:02 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,363,121 times
Quote:
You can either be in denial or you can admit that its exactly the same way in Houston. I experience it every two weeks.

The choice is yours. Either way, find a thread created in the Dallas forum with the sole purpose of trashing Houston.
Invalid statement. It's very mutual.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
My point is that all the crying that Mikey is doing because he feels that people in Dallas trash Houston all the time is hypocritical. He says that its the reason he doesnt like Dallas and the people in Dallas. Its a two way street. People in both Dallas and Houston trash each others cities. I get it frequently when I do business in Houston.

He is trying to make this one sided and Im saying that if he truly believes that, he is blind. This bull***t thread he started is evidence of it. Only a true homer could think this is a one sided issue.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
My point is that all the crying that Mikey is doing because he feels that people in Dallas trash Houston all the time is hypocritical. He says that its the reason he doesnt like Dallas and the people in Dallas. Its a two way street. People in both Dallas and Houston trash each others cities. I get it frequently when I do business in Houston.

He is trying to make this one sided and Im saying that if he truly believes that, he is blind. This bull***t thread he started is evidence of it. Only a true homer could think this is a one sided issue.
I will say this... I never really had a beef with Dallas UNTIL hurricane Ike happened. In all honesty I never really spent much time in Dallas until Ike. However, Dallas people treated Houstonians incredibly bad (with the exception of my college friends who took in a temporarily homeless Houstonian for 3 1/2 weeks)!!

I never realized that there was such a deep Houston-Dallas rivalry until I came back home and complained to people about the rudeness in Dallas I experienced. Man, you tell someone from Dallas that you live in Houston and just expect ultra stuck up attitude from them! Well, I let it slide and just put their Dalitude aside. Now, fast forward to New Years Eve of this past year.

I went to Dallas for New Years to visit some friends. Well, each place we would go out to people would come up and talk to me and just as they ask the question "so what part of Dallas are you from?" and I answer "oh, I am from Houston"... the response is... they just walk away. Seriously??? This didn't happen just one or four times, this happened ALOT!!!!

Houstonians may not be fans of Dallas (you are looking at the KING of not fans of Dallas) but they would never be so rude as to just walk away from someone because they are from a rival city. Even I would never walk away from a Dallasite visiting the great city of Houston, Texas!

So fast forward to the beginning of this thread... I started this list with only about 60-something items of things I think Houston out does Dallas on and well it has trickled up to 686 items. The reason I started this is because I got the notion that people in Dallas must think they are hot "you-know-what" and are far and above talking or associating with Houston.

So this list here is to show people from Dallas how much better Houston really is and to paint them a picture of what Houston is all about! I cordially invite anyone from Dallas to visit Houston and I would NEVER mistreat someone in the wonderful city of Houston or never would misrepresent the city of Houston in front of someone. I would show them the utmost Houston hospitality and make sure they enjoy themselves in my city. So you can kind of say this list is a retaliation of how Dallas people have treated Houstonians. Dallas is a good city, but yalls people sure think it is the best thing that has ever happened to the face of the planet. It is my job to take down that mirror Dallasites stare into and show them the best city in Texas is in fact Houston!

Say what you will... this is the Houston room and I am more than entitled to love on my Houston as much as I want to in the Houston room! I LOVE HOUSTON!!!

Old 08-10-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyAusmus View Post
Houstonians may not be fans of Dallas (you are looking at the KING of not fans of Dallas) but they would never be so rude as to just walk away from someone because they are from a rival city. Even I would never walk away from a Dallasite visiting the great city of Houston, Texas!

So this list here is to show people from Dallas how much better Houston really is and to paint them a picture of what Houston is all about!
First off, saying things like "Houston is better than Dallas" or even "Houston is a wonderful city" are opinions. Not everyone is going to see it the way you do.

You cant see that its exactly the same way in Houston. I can understand why, because youre from Houston and no one in Houston would mistreat you for being from Houston. Ive been mistreated many times in Houston just because Im from Dallas in professional settings no less.

Looking at your posts, you look at Houston like a 4 year old looks at their mommy. Mommy is perfect and wonderful and anyone who disagrees with mommy is bad. There isnt much objectivity in that mindset. I dont mean disrespect to Houston because I actually like Houston a lot.

Its just time to acknowledge that this is the same from both cities and move on.

Last edited by Cowboys fan in Houston; 08-10-2012 at 12:52 PM..

Old 08-13-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
First off, saying things like "Houston is better than Dallas" or even "Houston is a wonderful city" are opinions. Not everyone is going to see it the way you do.

You cant see that its exactly the same way in Houston. I can understand why, because youre from Houston and no one in Houston would mistreat you for being from Houston. Ive been mistreated many times in Houston just because Im from Dallas in professional settings no less.

Looking at your posts, you look at Houston like a 4 year old looks at their mommy. Mommy is perfect and wonderful and anyone who disagrees with mommy is bad. There isnt much objectivity in that mindset. I dont mean disrespect to Houston because I actually like Houston a lot.

Its just time to acknowledge that this is the same from both cities and move on.
Here is something I ran across online... thought you would want to read it seeming that you claim no one from Dallas trash talks Houston...

Which city is friendlier: Dallas or Houston? - Yahoo! Answers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston