Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 01:00 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,961,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
LMAO, even though I wouldn't take advice from a stripper/dancer(Love her videos though) She has a point. People are coming to Houston for more then just oil and gas industry. It's even good for a stripping "career" as well.
It's those oil and gas execs fueling her career.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 09:17 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,457,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Houston has more headquarters then DFW. Man did you just move here from OInionoineoiane,Jupitar? This is common knowledge dude. And one reason DFW does have alot of headquarters because of location. DFW has a better location being somewhat in the center or Texas and not being far from Arkansas,Oklahoma, and Louisiana then Houston. Location plays a key role when it comes to picking headquarters.
The majority of those headquarters are the small/medium energy businesses that I was talking about. We already lost most of the very few non-energy industry businesses (remember Continental?). Why do you think it was a big deal? If a Calgary company bought a Houston energy company, that wouldn't have created as much of a stir.

I was trying to look for stuff about the Time-Life building because of the "Mad Men" series and I encountered the Exxon building (also a few blocks from the Fox News studios) where they were HQed before moving to suburban Irving. Who the heck leaves New York City for Texas and decides to be up the highway from the nucleus of their industry instead?

It's shocking change to leave Midtown Manhattan and taking the commuter train to work to moving to suburban Dallas and having to *learn* how to drive in order to get to work (like Pete Campbell in the series). Pete really missed the skyscrapers, walkability, and the sounds of Manhattan when he moved to the suburbs for his child and I think at least a few of the Exxon workers felt that way 20 years ago. There are plenty of stories related to "new drivers" when JC Penney also moved to Dallas (also from NYC) around the same time.

Why does everyone say DFW is central anyway? The airport is only a big hub for a faltering airline but nothing special. (Maybe a big expansion of IAH is what's needed to put that to rest.) Houston is both central and located on the coast, which brings in transportation mode #3, water.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:31 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,346,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
LOL. It was funny to me as well. I was just looking at her Instagram yesterday and she had a picture of DT Houston from the plane she was on. The person she had @ on Instagram is from Chicago and he said said Houston's skyline is "cute," but is small when compared to Chi or LA. So the Houstonians replied to his comment and they had a city-data like debate. It was so weird especially with it being on Instagram. So, Maliah replied and typed the comment that I had posted. Even strippers know that Houston's economy is good; those big time oil businessmen are giving her big bucks to twist around the pole.
Another fool who knows everything about nothing.

It's a thread about Houston's economy, and I'm discussing what's commencing on a stripper's instagram.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:45 AM

2,465 posts, read 5,794,828 times
This is the fool that will never go away even after hinting it to him. This guy never gets it and he is not even from Houston. All his stuff is non-sense and I really hope he will get the message rather being annoying and continuing to waste everyones time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Another fool who knows everything about nothing.

It's a thread about Houston's economy, and I'm discussing what's commencing on a stripper's instagram.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
This is the fool that will never go away even after hinting it to him. This guy never gets it and he is not even from Houston. All his stuff is non-sense and I really hope he will get the message rather being annoying and continuing to waste everyones time.
I was actually talking about the person on instagram. I have no problem with SouthernBoy.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:59 AM

2,465 posts, read 5,794,828 times
I DO have a problem with SouthernBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I was actually talking about the person on instagram. I have no problem with SouthernBoy.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
I DO have a problem with SouthernBoy
Mkay.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,299 times
Default Great new source for Houston economy info

Just thought I'd share a great new source for all things Houston economy. Check out houston.org/economy

Plus - check out the blog houston.org/economy/blog . The latest article touches on Houston's inflation in comparison to the nations inflation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston