Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 04:20 PM

18,153 posts, read 25,374,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Didnt know that houston was such a one pony town that they can only do one project at a time.
Seems like it, since Houston can't build a train or light-rail to Galveston.
The most obvious project needed to increase tourism in Houston = $$$$$

Houston-Galveston passenger rail may be revived - July 2012

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 04:32 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,154,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
Well seeing as how the Cowboys lead the NFL in attendance and the North Texas Superbowl drew over 100k, it would appear that folks are getting to the stadium just fine. I agree that having a stadium in arlington isnt the most ideal, but that doesnt take away from the fact that Cowboys Stadium is the best in the NFL. I had hoped that Reliant wouldve actually set the bar higher like the Astrodome did when it opened but it failed to do so. But thats par for the course for Houston these days. Jerry Jones set the bar with the Cowboys Stadium.
Are you high jones admitted he created cowboy stadium based on what he saw at reliant , and just went bigger and admitted that he lefted a few Ideas for the dome as well. First dome stadium, first retractable roof of a NFL stadium.. So yes while dallas may do it bigger it is clear Houston is the one setting the standards for sports area. all dallas does is come behind us and make it bigger .. which is easy to do when you build something years later dude..

The only thing Dallas has done first is the TV screen..clap clap congrats you finally inovated something before Houston when it comes to sports arena

Old 12-24-2012, 05:13 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,050,078 times
Quote:
Well seeing as how the Cowboys lead the NFL in attendance and the North Texas Superbowl drew over 100k, it would appear that folks are getting to the stadium just fine. I agree that having a stadium in arlington isnt the most ideal, but that doesnt take away from the fact that Cowboys Stadium is the best in the NFL. I had hoped that Reliant wouldve actually set the bar higher like the Astrodome did when it opened but it failed to do so. But thats par for the course for Houston these days. Jerry Jones set the bar with the Cowboys Stadium.
So it took him 7 years to realize that dream?

Old 12-24-2012, 06:32 PM

18,153 posts, read 25,374,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
Are you high jones admitted he created cowboy stadium based on what he saw at reliant , and just went bigger and admitted that he lefted a few Ideas for the dome as well.
I'm sure everybody thinks of Houston when they see Cowboys Stadium

Old 12-24-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I'm sure everybody thinks of Houston when they see Cowboys Stadium
What a weak statment.. i said jones said he got alot of his ideas from what he saw at reliant ..and the dome...? What does that have to do with what you just said? Minute maid park took alot from fenway does not mean you think of fenway when there does it?

Old 12-24-2012, 08:44 PM

998 posts, read 1,328,937 times
Quote:
Are you high jones admitted he created cowboy stadium based on what he saw at reliant , and just went bigger and admitted that he lefted a few Ideas for the dome as well. First dome stadium, first retractable roof of a NFL stadium.. So yes while dallas may do it bigger it is clear Houston is the one setting the standards for sports area. all dallas does is come behind us and make it bigger .. which is easy to do when you build something years later dude..

The only thing Dallas has done first is the TV screen..clap clap congrats you finally inovated something before Houston when it comes to sports arena
And at the end of the day, none of that matters. I'm sure the Superdome borrowed alot from the Astrodome but which one is more relevant and iconic? Thats the burden of going first. Cowboys Stadium will still be major force in terms of NFL stadiums while Reliant will get lost in the shuffle with the other retractable roof stadiums. I give Reliant alot of credit for atleast trying to keep up though.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:45 PM

998 posts, read 1,328,937 times
Quote:
What a weak statment.. i said jones said he got alot of his ideas from what he saw at reliant ..and the dome...? What does that have to do with what you just said? Minute maid park took alot from fenway does not mean you think of fenway when there does it?

LOL...then why even bring it up?

Old 12-24-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
And at the end of the day, none of that matters. I'm sure the Superdome borrowed alot from the Astrodome but which one is more relevant and iconic? Thats the burden of going first. Cowboys Stadium will still be major force in terms of NFL stadiums while Reliant will get lost in the shuffle with the other retractable roof stadiums. I give Reliant alot of credit for atleast trying to keep up though.
On what grounds do you base that dallas statdium will fair any better ? Their is nothing iconic about it is just the newest.. which means once something new gets bulit it to will get loss in the shuffle dude.
Least Houston will always say we did it first ..what will dallas say after the new statdium on the block shows up ..?

Old 12-24-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
LOL...then why even bring it up?
I brought it up bu replying to a statment ? You do know the diffrence between bringing something up and replying to something right

Old 12-25-2012, 10:28 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,050,078 times
Quote:
Too bad your team sucks these days. They get humiliated in their new stadium while the Arlington tax payers quietly put up. Somethings got to give sometime & its obviously not the Dallas Cowboys. Tell your pretentious owner to sell his team to a smart business man like Bob McNair then maybe you guys might have another fighting chance at a super bowl.

Houston won its division...two years in a row mind you.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 12-25-2012 at 10:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston