Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:48 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,456,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorsonFernandez View Post
It makes me wonder, what city will be the next major suburb of Houston?
From Alief-->Sugar Land-->Missouri City-->Richmond-->Rosenberg-->???
Sharpstown. They are redeveloping it. It might blow First Colony out of the water and drain out the City of Sugar Land.

Quote:
On the west side, I predict that within 10 years, Brookshire, TX will somehow make it as a Houston Suburb.
That may be the furthest extent out west. Sealy is a stretch. Good luck with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhD View Post
I doubt Brookshire but Pearland is coming up. New shopping, HWY 35 will be a freeway and the populations has doubled in 10 years.
Not when the landfill and the foreclosure frauds has significant airtime on the TV news. Right next to the landfill are the TV and major FM transmitters for all of Houston. That is some serious RF exposure which is a big concern right now.

Quote:
First Sugarland, now Katy is the major suburb. I think somewhere Northwest will be "The" suburb. Steeplechase, there's a new mall planeed going out towards Fairfield.
The Hockley Section? I can't wait until that is completed. I propose a 1 km grid subdivided into hectares. That might bring a Northside urban flavor to Houston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Watch out for Fulshear. It will take time, but they have a lot of room to grow. Not to mention, it would be very logical to keep adding lanes to Westheimer. And if you are skeptical, I guarantee somebody scoffed the idea of Rosenberg becoming larger not too long ago.
Another reason to build commuter rail on the former railroad tracks instead of a narrow tollway that only takes EZ-PASS with either no entrances or exits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 08:11 AM

2,703 posts, read 3,418,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick4Life View Post
Fulshear is going to be growing at a rediculous rate over the next 20 years. There are plans for enourmous master planned communities. Firethorne is growing nicely and within the next year the biggest master planned community of Houston will begin; Cross Creek Ranch 3000+ acres. The ameneties are supposed to be off the chain. It is supposed to blow Telfair and Cinco Ranch out of the water.
Cross Creek Ranch isn't even close to being the biggest master-planned community in Houston. Cinco Ranch alone is twice the size of it.

I do agree though about Fulshear. It was on KHOU over the summer. They did a study and it showed that Fulshear will have over 20,000 people by 2015, and over 50,000 not too long after that. Fulshear as of 2000 had about 713 people.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:51 AM

61 posts, read 401,975 times
Gotta think, how far are people willing to drive to "Houston." An hour? More? What directions have grown to near that distance? I10West? I45 South corridor? I10 east I don't think will go past Mont Belviue any time soon.
Kingwood is 30ish min from Downtown, lots of potential along the us59 North to the liberty county line. US90 out to Dayton/Liberty also has potential when US 90 is connected to 610. Old rice farms with Thousands of undeveloped land.

But long story short, its where developers spend their money. Someone comes to them and says hey Old man McDonald passed, had 12,000 acres of farmland, kids want to unload the land fast. Probably can buy the land for a grand an acre cheaper than its worth, and the light bulb turns on in the developers mind... And Boom, a Cinco ranch or whatever your flavor is, is born....

Old 10-20-2007, 09:54 AM

8,895 posts, read 20,005,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
Gotta think, how far are people willing to drive to "Houston." An hour? More? What directions have grown to near that distance? I10West? I45 South corridor? I10 east I don't think will go past Mont Belviue any time soon.
Kingwood is 30ish min from Downtown, lots of potential along the us59 North to the liberty county line. US90 out to Dayton/Liberty also has potential when US 90 is connected to 610. Old rice farms with Thousands of undeveloped land.

But long story short, its where developers spend their money. Someone comes to them and says hey Old man McDonald passed, had 12,000 acres of farmland, kids want to unload the land fast. Probably can buy the land for a grand an acre cheaper than its worth, and the light bulb turns on in the developers mind... And Boom, a Cinco ranch or whatever your flavor is, is born....
It becomes a question not of how far will they drive but what can they afford for housing and then the drive comes second. As the rings develop farther and farther outside of Houston, what is considered near-town becomes farther and pricier due to affordable proximity.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:23 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,969,279 times
If they continue to grow north of Conroe, folks, we may be seeing Willis in about five years. They're adding something new every time I go down there.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:28 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,707,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
If they continue to grow north of Conroe, folks, we may be seeing Willis in about five years. They're adding something new every time I go down there.

Before we know it, Conroe to Galveston will be 90 continuous miles solid. It almost already is.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:34 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,771,354 times
Makes you want the good ole days.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:55 PM

54 posts, read 182,801 times
i been to all this areas and i will like to put my two cents in i think sugarland will stop growing so fast since everybody moving there and you know how people are when it gets to crowed but i think the area that is going to grow the most in the south is pearland and i think in the north is going to be the northeast side where lake houston is and along the northeast beltway side where fall creek park lakes and summerwood is i think that area is up and coming thas just my two cents

Old 10-21-2007, 11:31 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,456,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianajohnson View Post
i been to all this areas and i will like to put my two cents in i think sugarland will stop growing so fast since everybody moving there and you know how people are when it gets to crowed
Sugar Land's traffic is horrendous. The drivers are terrible and don't pay attention. Highway 6 is overcrowded. I think it will decline like Sharpstown. I have heard that First Colony Mall is the modern day version of Sharpstown Mall, nice now but in the future...

Old 10-22-2007, 02:21 AM

212 posts, read 1,273,461 times
The logical places where development is ALREADY taking place...Richmond/Rosenberg, Fulshear, Magnolia, Montgomery, Hockley and Waller.

Brookshire and Hempstead, will have some problems with mass development due to stigma of their school districts (but growth will occur).

Next will be Bellville, Brenham and Willis, you already have commuters, that are living in Bellville and driving down thru Waller Co to get to Katy and Houston. Bellville is a beautiful community, same as Brenham (land prices are reasonable, but increasing fast). Willis is already growing fast (just look at their school district).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston