Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 09:55 AM

174 posts, read 407,370 times

Advertisements

I would suggest you look at Telfair. It is zoned to two exemplary schools in Sugar Land, and it has easy access to Hwy 59 / 6 / 90. The whole community is surrounded by trails by the lake. Texas Instrument is going to build a new R&D office next to Telfair in 2014. so it has good appreciation potential.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 12:55 PM

33 posts, read 114,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathz View Post
I would suggest you look at Telfair. It is zoned to two exemplary schools in Sugar Land, and it has easy access to Hwy 59 / 6 / 90. The whole community is surrounded by trails by the lake. Texas Instrument is going to build a new R&D office next to Telfair in 2014. so it has good appreciation potential.
Thanks Jonathz. I really like Telfair but at this point I feel that prices in that location are kinda a high when compared to Aliana or even Riverstone. What is your say on Aliana? Is there potential for good appreciation down the line and also schools?

Old 01-28-2013, 01:02 PM

286 posts, read 555,478 times
Aliana homes are cheaper cause its located in an inferior area and it's not part of a city. The schools will keep rezoning as homes continue to get built. I believe New Territory and Pecan Grove feed into Travis HS, but that'll change if Telfair gets a HS.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:43 PM

174 posts, read 407,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaqueCosto View Post
Aliana homes are cheaper cause its located in an inferior area and it's not part of a city. The schools will keep rezoning as homes continue to get built. I believe New Territory and Pecan Grove feed into Travis HS, but that'll change if Telfair gets a HS.
Well put, Aliana is zoned to different schools than Telfair and New Territory. You may research on the Aliana's zoned school. Aliana is in Richmond, a different city than Sugar Land, I am sure you have been there and know the differences. Telfair is built out and no more supply of new homes to compete when you do your resale down the road. Telfair's surrounding community are New Territory, Avalon, Sweetwater, Lake Pointe, Avalon at Telfair, Avalon at Riverstone. The average selling price for those community is a lot higher then the surrounding community in Aliana. Therefore, Aliana home is priced less expensive than Telfair, New Territory, Avalon, Riverstone. Telfair and New Territory is not only located in a prime location with easy access to 59, Hwy 6. It is also closed to high income offices, e.g. Methodist Hospital, St Luke's Hospital, Fluor, Schlumberger, TI (in the future) which helps to bring up the property value.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:04 PM

286 posts, read 555,478 times
Well Aliana is zoned to FBISD just like New Territory and Telfair. New Territory zones to its own elementary and middle schools. As far as HS is concerned New Territory is presnetly zoned to Travis and Stephen F Austin. Pecan Grove also feeds into Travis. Currently Aliana feeds into Travis, I assume it'll stay that way after the entire area builds out.

Telfair zones into Kempner HS (not too great, includes TowneWest) and Clements HS (one of Texas premire high schools). But if Telfair gets a HS then all the zoning will change and I'm pretty sure New Territory will feed to that same school.

Aliana is technically not in a city just ETJ Houston. The post office that serves them is located in Richmond. But I wouldn't worry to much about "bad" schools in the area. The only really "bad" area within school zoning range to Aliana is Pheasant Creek and to a lesser extent Summerfield and Village of Oak Lake, perhaps Four Corners. Those areas zone to Stephen F. Austin and that'll remain.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:56 PM

28 posts, read 95,437 times
you may refer to har.com for the statistics and ranking.

Clement is the best ranking - Exemplary
Austin, Kempner and Travis are ranked the same as Recognized

Clement : ranking Exemplary (zoned to Avalon, Avalon at Telfair, Sweetwater)
Clements High School - rating and statistics - - HAR.com

Austin: ranking Recognized (zoned to New Territory)
Stephen F Austin High School - rating and statistics - - HAR.com

Kempner: ranking Recognized (zoned to Telfair)
Kempner High School - rating and statistics - - HAR.com

Travis: ranking Recognized (zoned to New Territory, Aliana)
William B Travis High School - rating and statistics - - HAR.com

Old 01-28-2013, 03:43 PM

28 posts, read 95,437 times
some more statistics from US NEWS

Fort Bend Independent School District | Texas | Best High Schools | US News

Old 01-28-2013, 03:51 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,848,292 times
Quote:
The only really "bad" area within school zoning range to Aliana is Pheasant Creek and to a lesser extent Summerfield and Village of Oak Lake, perhaps Four Corners. Those areas zone to Stephen F. Austin and that'll remain.
Summerfield and Village of Oak Lake are far from "bad"... the homes look a lot like the older areas of First Colony that just aren't as upscale as some of the newer communities. Pheasant Creek seems like older, smaller homes like the Tara neighborhood next to Greatwood, and Four Corners isn't really a neighborhood, but a semi-rural area.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:13 PM

77 posts, read 282,698 times
My home has appreciated over $20,000 in the past year. I'll take that "inferior" area.

Quote:

Old 01-28-2013, 06:45 PM

10 posts, read 16,673 times
Quote:
Well Aliana is zoned to FBISD just like New Territory and Telfair. New Territory zones to its own elementary and middle schools. As far as HS is concerned New Territory is presnetly zoned to Travis and Stephen F Austin. Pecan Grove also feeds into Travis. Currently Aliana feeds into Travis, I assume it'll stay that way after the entire area builds out.

Telfair zones into Kempner HS (not too great, includes TowneWest) and Clements HS (one of Texas premire high schools). But if Telfair gets a HS then all the zoning will change and I'm pretty sure New Territory will feed to that same school.

Aliana is technically not in a city just ETJ Houston. The post office that serves them is located in Richmond. But I wouldn't worry to much about "bad" schools in the area. The only really "bad" area within school zoning range to Aliana is Pheasant Creek and to a lesser extent Summerfield and Village of Oak Lake, perhaps Four Corners. Those areas zone to Stephen F. Austin and that'll remain.
Whats wrong with Pheasant Creek?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston