Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 06:58 AM

79 posts, read 253,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
Ihop would make big time money near the movie theatre...other than the lil dennys on fry rd, I cant even think of a spot where you can get any oatmeal, a bowl of grits or eggs over easy with a hot cup of coffee with free refills.

Chick filet will soon open in the lakes of bella terra shopping center..they will slaughter taco bell, tropical smoothie, whataburger and pretty much everything else over there....subway and the mcdonalds inside of walmart will still get their business however.

the nearest chipolte, which I love by the way, is on fry rd in katy or the sugarland town square....we could really use a location on the grand parkway.

there are way too many fast food spots over there...two mcdonalds, wendys, jack in the box, sonic, popeyes, taco bell, whataburger, about three or four pizza spots and a couple of chinese restuarants.

We could use a family friendly chain of resturants out there(Kellys, Franks Grill, Carrabba's, etc,) as the Richmond/Katy area dont really have much to choose from.
A little ways out, but there is a Carrabbas in the Whole Foods complex on 99 and Fry Rd. There is also a Smash Burger and Menchies yogurt. Both spots are awesome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 10:50 AM

2,189 posts, read 3,220,586 times
Carrabas is on Fry and 99...it blends in though as I passed it several times before I stopped and read the sign...I can see another CFA opening in Aliana down the road as off 290, they have no problems building 2 miles from each other if the population demands it

Surprised there's not BK yet..but with the other side of West Airport being developed you hope that attracts something unique...as we have enough Ruthies Mexican Restaurants and the rest already...wouldn't mind Freddy's Custard also

Old 04-10-2014, 11:20 AM

360 posts, read 665,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brick citizen View Post
Which one is GF? Left of palladium or to the right? I hope we get a Chipotle and a Target. My dream if a Chic Fil A is done. At least Bella terra is not THAT far from us.

Doesn't look like any of the larger buildings would house a Target, but who knows? Maybe they could build a two-story Target like the ones that anchor the malls in San Diego. I definitely would love a Chipotle and IHOP. So far the stores that have gone in next to Kroger are NOT exciting. A Goodwill Donation Center, ANOTHER nail shop, a Mattress Store and a Wendy's does not make for great shopping. Looks like I still have to head to Katy or Sugar Land to shop... I REALLY hope we get something better, even if it's a discount something like Nordstrom Rack or Marshall's. Someone mentioned Chick-Fil-A, but there is one being built in Bella Terra and they'd never put two that close together. Looks like there are two apartment complexes going up pretty fast though.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:05 PM

79 posts, read 302,212 times
They're not apartments per say. They will be assisted living/retirement community.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:40 AM

6 posts, read 18,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljabali View Post
They're not apartments per say. They will be assisted living/retirement community.
Hi... New to the forum. Question for eljabali or anyone who can offer some insight...Do you know if the retirement community will be located right next to Fieldstone. I am on the process of building a house in Fieldstone and it seems like my lot will border with the "Multi-family/commercial" Phase V of Longmeadow Farms. Which honestly worries me a bit.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:11 AM

360 posts, read 665,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakkito74 View Post
Hi... New to the forum. Question for eljabali or anyone who can offer some insight...Do you know if the retirement community will be located right next to Fieldstone. I am on the process of building a house in Fieldstone and it seems like my lot will border with the "Multi-family/commercial" Phase V of Longmeadow Farms. Which honestly worries me a bit.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
I think the assisted living community that was referred to is the construction site sitting right off of Grand Parkway, next to the Palladium. The area near Fieldstone could still possibly be an apartment complex. You may consider going to the Long Meadow Farms model homes in that area and see if the sales reps have any info regarding the section you're referring to. I doubt your current builder would give you accurate info, especially since you're concerned about the proximity of it to your new home.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:16 PM

344 posts, read 1,251,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
the nearest chipolte, which I love by the way, is on fry rd in katy or the sugarland town square....we could really use a location on the grand parkway.
Also a Chipolte at the corner of Grand pkwy & 59.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:11 PM

79 posts, read 302,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2thecity View Post
I think the assisted living community that was referred to is the construction site sitting right off of Grand Parkway, next to the Palladium. The area near Fieldstone could still possibly be an apartment complex. You may consider going to the Long Meadow Farms model homes in that area and see if the sales reps have any info regarding the section you're referring to. I doubt your current builder would give you accurate info, especially since you're concerned about the proximity of it to your new home.
You will get different information depending on who you ask. I was told it was going to be an assisted living community. Recently I was told that it is in fact an apartment complex. Here is link to the company who supposedly owns the property.

Landmark Companies

Old 04-15-2014, 05:42 AM

6 posts, read 18,778 times
Thank you for the replies.
I went there and tried to find out, but no one seems to know. I will try to contact Landmark to learn more about it. Thanks for the link!!!

Old 04-15-2014, 05:57 AM
cla

898 posts, read 3,309,036 times
[quote=key2thecity;34359728]I think the assisted living community that was referred to is the construction site sitting right off of Grand Parkway, next to the Palladium. UOTE]

Are you referring to the construction of the Gallery Furniture next to the Palladium? Any apartments are going to be built along the road behind the Palladium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston