Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 05:17 PM

2,188 posts, read 3,217,718 times

Advertisements

good and bad....I bet some of the neighbors don't want Bellaire to run through there but good for the people looking for quicker access
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 07:51 PM

79 posts, read 253,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubengal1982 View Post
I just saw that Sams Club is confirmed to go in at NE corner of Bellaire and 99 with completion of Sept 2014. The original plans for this location called for 4-5 restaurants and fast food.
Maybe those restaurants are moving next to the Palladium? Would make sense in that area

Old 04-08-2014, 11:26 PM

7 posts, read 18,057 times
Quote:
Im hoping that they will now complete Bellaire all the way down to Lakemont. Theres no way traffic can flow with Sam's business the way they have Bellaire configured right now.
I believe that stretch of Bellaire was on the 2013 mobility bond that was voted on in November.

http://fbcgis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/O...5202e467794bbc

james

Old 04-09-2014, 03:10 AM

587 posts, read 1,134,910 times
occording to the map, it does not appear as if Bellaire will be a straight shot through Lakemont. I guess the area between Lakemont Bend Court and Peek Rd will still be a grassy knoll for now, but from Peek to 99, it will opened up to two lanes each way.

Jim Mac and Gallary Furniture are building their new west side location right near the palladium theatre as well. This Gallery location will be larger than the one on the north freeway and is set to break ground sometime this month and be ready for an October - December opening.

Houston's Gallery Furniture to open largest store in Richmond, launches moving company - Houston Business Journal

Mattress Mack plans 'over the top' Fort Bend store and new moving company - Houston Chronicle

Old 04-09-2014, 06:21 AM

183 posts, read 380,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
occording to the map, it does not appear as if Bellaire will be a straight shot through Lakemont. I guess the area between Lakemont Bend Court and Peek Rd will still be a grassy knoll for now, but from Peek to 99, it will opened up to two lanes each way.

Jim Mac and Gallary Furniture are building their new west side location right near the palladium theatre as well. This Gallery location will be larger than the one on the north freeway and is set to break ground sometime this month and be ready for an October - December opening.

Houston's Gallery Furniture to open largest store in Richmond, launches moving company - Houston Business Journal

Mattress Mack plans 'over the top' Fort Bend store and new moving company - Houston Chronicle

Actually, its does run through Lakemont. Bellaire is chopped up in sections from Mason to Grand Parkway. The section from Lakemont Bend to Sierra Bend is just grass now but is planned for construction. From Peek to GP is 1 lane which they will have to expand to accomodate Sams

Old 04-09-2014, 02:32 PM

360 posts, read 665,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post

There seems to be nothing exciting coming to the area. I'm not sure how excited anyone will be about having a new monstrous furniture store. I do enjoy the Palladium, but I hope we get something more interesting in one of the shopping areas.

Last edited by key2thecity; 04-09-2014 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 04-09-2014, 03:20 PM

183 posts, read 380,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2thecity View Post
There seems to be nothing exciting coming to the area. I'm not sure how excited anyone will be about having a new monstrous furniture store. I do enjoy the Palladium, but I hope we get something more interesting in one of the shopping areas.
I agreee Im not excited about a large furniture store but it appears that there will be mulitple restaraunts.
Attached Thumbnails
HEB at Hwy 99 and Harlem?  Long Meadow Farms development?-lmf.jpg  

Old 04-09-2014, 08:20 PM

79 posts, read 253,840 times
Quote:
I agreee Im not excited about a large furniture store but it appears that there will be mulitple restaraunts.
Which one is GF? Left of palladium or to the right? I hope we get a Chipotle and a Target. My dream if a Chic Fil A is done. At least Bella terra is not THAT far from us.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:36 PM

2,188 posts, read 3,217,718 times
Chipotle...ihop..need I go on?

Old 04-10-2014, 12:51 AM

587 posts, read 1,134,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
Chipotle...ihop..need I go on?
Ihop would make big time money near the movie theatre...other than the lil dennys on fry rd, I cant even think of a spot where you can get any oatmeal, a bowl of grits or eggs over easy with a hot cup of coffee with free refills.

Chick filet will soon open in the lakes of bella terra shopping center..they will slaughter taco bell, tropical smoothie, whataburger and pretty much everything else over there....subway and the mcdonalds inside of walmart will still get their business however.

the nearest chipolte, which I love by the way, is on fry rd in katy or the sugarland town square....we could really use a location on the grand parkway.

there are way too many fast food spots over there...two mcdonalds, wendys, jack in the box, sonic, popeyes, taco bell, whataburger, about three or four pizza spots and a couple of chinese restuarants.

We could use a family friendly chain of resturants out there(Kellys, Franks Grill, Carrabba's, etc,) as the Richmond/Katy area dont really have much to choose from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston