Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2014, 10:04 PM

21 posts, read 50,442 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the update. I plan to do a drive by next weekend to see the progress. I went to Fidelis' site and they have a few renderings of the marketplace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 09:58 AM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
Got an email today announcing the builders. Patio homes is trendmaker. 70and 80 ft lots is trendmaker and village.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:41 AM

160 posts, read 399,773 times
Village is a very good fit for that community since so many of the homes built in Clear Lake City were built by Village.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:02 PM

352 posts, read 778,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureResident View Post
Yes I must admit the retail is a catch 22 for me. You want convenient grocery shopping but nobody wants to look at it that close to their homes. I see how The hidden lakes subdivision in League City is building an HEB right in front and it is horrible. Plus the HEB is right across from a Kroger. That is going to be quite a cluster of traffic. I just really want to get closer to Houston in new construction but remain in Clear creek ISD. This new development makes that possible. I hope the retail doesn't look like Bay Area and maintains the integrity of the neighborhood but that is a Fidelis issue and not Trendmaker. It does not seem that anyone is picking fights with Fidelis as much as they are targeting the residential aspect. Perhaps it's just easier to focus on the alleged wetlands than try to go after Fidelis too or perhaps I don't know that Fidelis has been used too lol.
Yea how pissed are those owners that have a shopping center in their backyard? Those homes were overpriced to begin with and now having an HEB sitting right there. Good luck with resale on that.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:13 PM

352 posts, read 778,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNCold View Post
Not looking forward to a HEB . Was hoping for Whole food or something organic.
or would rather have ALDI. There's already a HEB on Bay Are near by.
This area needs and deserves a central market.

Old 11-18-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waytoodeep03 View Post
Yea how pissed are those owners that have a shopping center in their backyard? Those homes were overpriced to begin with and now having an HEB sitting right there. Good luck with resale on that.
Resale in clear lake isn't hurting. Having an heb shopping center a block
Or two away isn't going to hurt them resale-wise. Just look at bay forest. Even areas that back up to c- stores and gas pumps move fairly quick.

Old 11-23-2014, 09:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,074 times
I moved my young family from the city a few years ago to Pine Brook. I can offer up plenty of insight based on my experience and research from a SOMEWHAT DISSATISFIED RESIDENT. I was directed here through a social media PM. This area is still nice, quiet and safe, low traffic, has a nice breeze, but it is a STAGNATING SHELL of what it once was. New development will be a godsend!

Posts above say housing is overvalued here but truth is PINE BROOK IS A BARGAIN. I work downtown and have driven to and researched neighborhoods in the growing suburbs. The exact same houses there have worse accessibility to downtown, are cost-engineered, yet are PRICED 40-50% HIGHER. The Reserve development & retail can only boost interest this ailing area.

If you are interested in The Reserve you need to ask yourself if you can PUT UP WITH IT. First, this area has low elevation and while flooding isn’t an issue, it is one big hurricane away from EVERY THING YOU OWN becoming one with the Gulf. Also you need to understand the area sits adjacent to HEAVY INDUSTRY cloaked by planted trees.

To those asinine “environmentalists” who live on the north greenbelts on Sterling Wood, Noble Oak and Pine Crest who are complaining about the construction, you do realize THERE ARE 10 (TEN) PIPELINES IN YOUR BACK YARD carrying natural gas, ethylene, crude oil, isobutane, etc to Bayport? This was recently expanded right under your noses and this will cut straight through The Reserve, but it’s funny I didn’t hear you whining to the news when the crews were working.

Next, about ¾ mile north of the greenbelt, and also adjacent to the Reserve, is a compressor station for Kinder Morgan's underground gas storage with 122 BILLION CUBIC FEET of capacity. That is equivalent to a 1 mile x 1 mile x 1 mile cavern filled with natural gas. When the north wind blows you hear the faint roar of the compressors. Remember Wesley, TX April 1992? You better say your prayers every day! Also as previously stated, its PRESSURE RELIEF VALVE WILL SIT IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS NEW DEVELOPMENT.

This area is also close to the BAYPORT COMPLEX, with Kaneka plastics 2 miles away and the growing monster that is Celanese 3.5 miles away. When the wind blows from the E-NE you hear the faint but distinct whine of refinery pumps in the distance. If it is humid and still enough you can SMELL CHEMICAL ODORS at sunrise before the breeze picks up. IF THEY REMOVE THOSE TREES ON THE COMMERCIAL PROPERTY FOR SALE BETWEEN PINE BROOK AND BROOKWOOD YOU WILL HAVE A CLEAR VIEW OF THE COMPLEX. But some of you were too busy thinking about your silly little cause to give this a thought, weren’t you?

Ask me again WHY ON EARTH high-end retail wants anything to do with this area? YEAH LET'S PUT SHOPPING FOR THE AFFLUENT RIGHT NEXT TO THE BOMBS! You people who FORGOT WHERE YOU CAME FROM from keep repeating over and over to us that you are “AFFLUENT”, “WEALTHY” and “HIGH END” therefore deserve the Princess of PASADENA treatment. Get over yourselves! Why not talk about investing in this new retail space to start your own business worthy of our area? Oh that’s right—you won’t because YOUR IMAGE WILL BE RUINED because IT WILL FAIL since THE YAYHOOS IN OUR COMMUNITY WILL SNUB IT. Remember when they add that TJ Maxx, YOU ASKED FOR IT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureResident View Post
I was really excited about the new development but all of this hoopla is quite frankly counterproductive. I am not sure if I want to live around these kinds of people. I am sure these residents will make it their mission to make the residents of the Reserve miserable and be snobbish and elitist to their new "nature robber neighbors". This is quite frankly why this area is in the shape that it in with no advancements and places like the Woodlands are surpassing us ten fold. It is really ridiculous.
Regarding the people, you won't really see them but make sure you can handle being around them. It is a 50/50 mixed bag between friendly, down to earth folks vs. miserable, socially inept people who try to run off the ‘competition’, i.e. young families. YOUNG FAMILIES BY AND LARGE WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS PLACE. There is no sense of community unless there is something to take. THIS AREA IS INFESTED WITH DRUGS. The old guard (15 yr residents) is known to call the police to “welcome” young families on moving day. What is the effect of this? There are so few young families here that BROOKWOOD (AND NORTH POINTE) ELEM ARE NO LONGER SUPPORTED BY THE NEIGHBORHOODS THEY WERE BUILT FOR. CCISD NOW RESORTS TO BUSING ABOUT ONE-THIRD OF THE KIDS IN EACH SCHOOL FOR THE ‘NEW’ BILINGUAL PROGRAM. Enough said. NO KIDS, NO FUTURE! I guarantee if there is a new school built at The Reserve, CCISD will again resort to the ever expanding bilingual program.

If it sounds like I am upset, I am. But there are many good attributes to the area as well. I also LOVE THE HOUSE. I honestly can’t bring myself to live in any other suburb again. I figured if it gets bad enough I’ll uproot the kids, SHOW EVERYONE WHAT 'HIGH-END' DOESN'T MEAN BY PUTTING A FOR RENT SIGN ON THE HOUSE, and truck my rear back to the city. For me there wasn't much sense of community there either, but at least there is a vision forward. It’s just gotten too damn expensive lately and the schools are even worse.

But I guess that's what you get for taking a bargain. YOU TOO CAN HAVE YOUR BARGAIN!!!!

Old 11-24-2014, 06:40 AM

Wow. Bitter manifesto going there. Personally, I like a mix of old and new residents of all ages. The bilingual Programs, sorry but that's just a way of life in the greater houston area. If you don't want your kids in schools with a great deal of bilingual kids, you might look into some of the upper-crust private schools. Not hard for residents and future residents to figure out how close industry is. All they need to do is take a ride around or Google earth. That should just be part of being a wise buyer and doing your homework. That hasn't stopped countless others from enjoying the area. Same with hurricane risks. It's either something you are willing to deal with or youre not. If not, then people look elsewhere. Pretty simple.

Last edited by texas7; 11-24-2014 at 07:03 AM..

Old 11-24-2014, 07:04 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,774,287 times
Thank God for upscale luxury gated neighborhoods and private schools.

Old 11-24-2014, 07:25 AM

234 posts, read 292,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine Brook Res View Post
Ask me again WHY ON EARTH high-end retail wants anything to do with this area? YEAH LET'S PUT SHOPPING FOR THE AFFLUENT RIGHT NEXT TO THE BOMBS! You people who FORGOT WHERE YOU CAME FROM from keep repeating over and over to us that you are “AFFLUENT”, “WEALTHY” and “HIGH END” therefore deserve the Princess of PASADENA treatment. Get over yourselves! Why not talk about investing in this new retail space to start your own business worthy of our area? Oh that’s right—you won’t because YOUR IMAGE WILL BE RUINED because IT WILL FAIL since THE YAYHOOS IN OUR COMMUNITY WILL SNUB IT. Remember when they add that TJ Maxx, YOU ASKED FOR IT.
You sound more than "somewhat" dissatisfied, but I do appreciate reading this even though it scares the heck out of me.

You see, I am not considering moving my family here, but I am considering expanding my business into the Clear Lake Marketplace retail area.

As I understand it, there will be a T.J. Maxx here, as well as a Ross and a Palais Royal.

You seem very unhappy with your neighbors.

Food for thought - thank you for posting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston