Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 02:29 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortel View Post
what you dont believe she is at least 151 years old? come on......
I'm worried that a few people in this thread do believe her... ya know, because she went to a good high school and all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 03:40 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,929,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Assuming that any of what you've spewed is actually relevant, where are the examples of Sheila Jackson Lee not being a complete buffoon now? She's proven time and time again that she's one of the most ignorant members of our government. She's made a fool of herself countless times, she's made racially divisive statements which cause level headed people to cringe and she's embarrassed the people of our state over and over again.

I'm sure some people may care how well her NY area high school ranked 20 years after she graduated but most of us care a lot more about how she performs currently.
And Bush hasn't made a fool of himself as well? I was just arguing about the comparison in terms of their education. She has lots of character flaws, but so has Bush. Neither of them is really smart, but educationally, she is ahead of Bush.

Bush quote:

Quote:
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." -Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
Quote:
You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." -interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006
Quote:
"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." -Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005
Sheila Jackson Lee, otoh, did try to impeach President Bush at one point.

Quote:
not only did Democrats attempt to impeach Bush in 2008 – she was a co-sponsor of the bill to do it!
and she does not seem to remember that.

Both of them are buffoons. They both seem to get by on their personalities.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:51 PM

100 posts, read 129,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post

This is the correct answer.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:29 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,727,021 times
She's a colorful character. She can give a great, very thoughtful speech on occasion so I don't think she's dumb. I just think she's eccentric, which may not be the best thing to be as a politician. The hate she engenders, however, has less to do with her erratic tendencies than it does with the fact that she's a black person that white people who secretly hate black people still get to openly hate.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:41 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
And Bush hasn't made a fool of himself as well? I was just arguing about the comparison in terms of their education. She has lots of character flaws, but so has Bush. Neither of them is really smart, but educationally, she is ahead of Bush.

Bush quote:

Sheila Jackson Lee, otoh, did try to impeach President Bush at one point.

and she does not seem to remember that.

It's no comparison at all. Bush has flubbed words whereas SJL has said men went to Mars and that Vietnam is two countries, north and south.

No contest.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear30 View Post
She's a colorful character. She can give a great, very thoughtful speech on occasion so I don't think she's dumb. I just think she's eccentric, which may not be the best thing to be as a politician. The hate she engenders, however, has less to do with her erratic tendencies than it does with the fact that she's a black person that white people who secretly hate black people still get to openly hate.
"If you don't agree with me, you're a racist."

Old 09-22-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
"If you don't agree with me, you're a racist."
Would you say the hate she receives as an "idiot" politician is proportional to how stupid she is? Half the Republicans in Texas don't abide some of the most basic tenets of scientific inquiry and how much hate do they get?

Old 09-22-2016, 06:15 PM

427 posts, read 440,922 times
By no means do I feel Ms. Jackson-Lee to be stupid. I do however feel many of her constituents may be able to identify with her. This in itself is sad. Just my opinion...

Old 09-22-2016, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear30 View Post
Would you say the hate she receives as an "idiot" politician is proportional to how stupid she is? Half the Republicans in Texas don't abide some of the most basic tenets of scientific inquiry and how much hate do they get?
Yes, I would say that.

My guess is that a good chunk of the black population share those same Christian beliefs of which you are referring.

SJL is a court jester.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yes, I would say that.

My guess is that a good chunk of the black population share those same Christian beliefs of which you are referring.

SJL is a court jester.
Well, then perhaps it's beyond you to understand what is in front of your face. If you truly can't detect the racism underpinning all the SJL criticism, then you are intellectually dense, but I don't think you are. I think you are smart and you are being willfully ignorant because you like to argue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston