Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 10:03 AM

530 posts, read 2,036,244 times

Advertisements

China? I was thinking you'd be more likely to find Vietnamese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 10:07 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,852,599 times
desertsun, the area they are discussing is a city surrounded by Houston called Bellaire. What you are referring to is a street that runs east-west from close in-town all the way out to the western-most boundary of the city (essentially Alief). To answer your question though, there are a couple of Chinatowns but the area from Sharpstown to almost Highway 6 is indeed considered to be Chinatown. It is awash with Chinese restaurants, markets, bakeries, and all manner of businesses that cater to the Chinese community.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:55 PM

91 posts, read 293,203 times
Default moving on up

This may sound hokey, 'cause we don't know each other and this is the impersonal Internet and all, but your words helped me see the light.

I mean, you really put everything in perspective. So, I went on and signed the lease and I'm really glad I did. (There was another couple trying to get in on my territory, and I don't blame them.)

December 6th will find me living in and loving Bellaire!

Thanks to everyone, and a special thanks to you, Houstoner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
No problem. And to answer your question, I'm not seeing any downsides here. It can be difficult to find a place where all the elements come together just right for you, so when you find it, hold onto it. You've been accepted, they accepted your cat, you like the neighborhood, you feel safe... what's the problem again? The stuff you mention not liking sounds like minor aesthetics that can be helped with a little creative interior decorating. I'd get a washer, go to Ikea, and call it a day.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:12 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
desertsun, the area they are discussing is a city surrounded by Houston called Bellaire. What you are referring to is a street that runs east-west from close in-town all the way out to the western-most boundary of the city (essentially Alief). To answer your question though, there are a couple of Chinatowns but the area from Sharpstown to almost Highway 6 is indeed considered to be Chinatown. It is awash with Chinese restaurants, markets, bakeries, and all manner of businesses that cater to the Chinese community.
Thanks for the info Redrover !!

Old 11-12-2008, 05:18 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,679,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barackbff View Post
This may sound hokey, 'cause we don't know each other and this is the impersonal Internet and all, but your words helped me see the light.

I mean, you really put everything in perspective. So, I went on and signed the lease and I'm really glad I did. (There was another couple trying to get in on my territory, and I don't blame them.)

December 6th will find me living in and loving Bellaire!

Thanks to everyone, and a special thanks to you, Houstoner!
Aw, shucks. Glad to be of service! And good luck at your new place!

Old 11-12-2008, 10:50 PM

91 posts, read 293,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
Aw, shucks. Glad to be of service! And good luck at your new place!
Thank you! I'm heading to Ikea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston