Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 09:14 AM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,121,977 times

Advertisements

"Houston... I shoulda done my research!" - not my words
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 09:19 AM

50 posts, read 140,372 times
We wish Wysiwyg would have done his research also. PLEASE go back to New Jersey!

Old 12-19-2008, 11:04 AM

756 posts, read 1,882,718 times
Wys, we know. New Jersey is the end all of awesomeness. We just struggle with avoiding all of the bullets and heroin needles to experience that wonderful world of New Joizie.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coog78 View Post
Wys, we know. New Jersey is the end all of awesomeness. We just struggle with avoiding all of the bullets and heroin needles to experience that wonderful world of New Joizie.
LOL what else did you learn from HBO?

Old 12-19-2008, 11:22 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
LOL what else did you learn from HBO?
Actually he speaks the truth, I lived in NY city for awhile and every time I went over to N New Jersey I had to swerve to avoid all the broken crackpipes and needles.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Actually he speaks the truth, I lived in NY city for awhile and every time I went over to N New Jersey I had to swerve to avoid all the broken crackpipes and needles.
I'm sorry you had to go to such areas, I do not know where those places are in 10years there, or maybe I never had to be there(and you did), or that some piece of trash on the road will make me swerve thinking its some drug paraphernalia everytime. I've never had a flat tire in my entire life, just to give you an idea how bad you are getting it because of poor choices and beliefs. I'm soooo sorry about your "experiences" in the northeast. please save us all from your other bad experiences and hook ups there. In exchange, i'll tell you i believe in your story.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:56 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
Houston. We Don't Need A Lame Slogan.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:35 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
I'm sorry you had to go to such areas, I do not know where those places are in 10years there, or maybe I never had to be there(and you did), or that some piece of trash on the road will make me swerve thinking its some drug paraphernalia everytime. I've never had a flat tire in my entire life, just to give you an idea how bad you are getting it because of poor choices and beliefs. I'm soooo sorry about your "experiences" in the northeast. please save us all from your other bad experiences and hook ups there. In exchange, i'll tell you i believe in your story.
My experiences were not bad up there, life is what you make it and you are not trying here in Houston obviously or you would like it too. I wrote that to show how pathetic one can sound in an irrational tirade against a place that is unfounded. You should take notes since your hatred of Houston is unfounded also

Old 12-19-2008, 12:48 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,264,657 times
How about a version of the old Avis car rental slogan: "were #4 so we try harder"

Old 12-19-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
My experiences were not bad up there, life is what you make it and you are not trying here in Houston obviously or you would like it too. I wrote that to show how pathetic one can sound in an irrational tirade against a place that is unfounded. You should take notes since your hatred of Houston is unfounded also
can you point out one statement where i said I hated houston?

I don't hate Houston. As I've mentioned before, plain HATE is the best excuse Houstonians can think of to rationalize other people's opinion about their inner city. We are happy here and everywhere we go. with easy sacrifices in Houston. you should think about this next time you read my posts, if youre any better than the other 'inner-barrio-loophead" Houstonians
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston