Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 09:30 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,090,098 times

Advertisements

Hey M2F - don't know about anyone else but here in Mo City it seemed like just a few thunder storms. I read on another message board that someone had seen a funnel cloud forming around Sienna Point the morning of the 6th. Doesn't seem like there was anything major elsewhere (lol - no threads about it anyway!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 08:16 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,320,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Don't know about Copelands, but Pappadeux is crap. Commercial gruel creole.
Really, EA? Sometimes I wonder about you... I think for a chain, it is stupendous.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:03 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,568,556 times
Nothing wrong with Pappadeaux for a big platter of fried seafood. Seriously, how can you mess up fish fry and grease? However the one on the bay that Ike washed away is gone with no rebuilding going on, if that means anything.

Now if you want to be underwhelmed, try Kemah Landrys. That place has seriously gone downhill.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:45 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,264,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Nothing wrong with Pappadeaux for a big platter of fried seafood. Seriously, how can you mess up fish fry and grease? However the one on the bay that Ike washed away is gone with no rebuilding going on, if that means anything.

Now if you want to be underwhelmed, try Kemah Landrys. That place has seriously gone downhill.
Your about the 10th person to mention that to me about Landry's. We tend to steer clear of the BoardWalk Restaurants, so haven't been there since Ike. It use to be 1/2 way decent!

Old 10-04-2010, 03:12 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,129,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Your about the 10th person to mention that to me about Landry's. We tend to steer clear of the BoardWalk Restaurants, so haven't been there since Ike. It use to be 1/2 way decent!
All but T-bone Tom's! Yummmmmmmmmmmm....

Old 10-07-2010, 12:23 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,568,556 times
T-bone Toms is pretty good. Fieri approved just like Prince Lebanese in Arlington-- also a good place.

But I'm back on here to say the Pappadeaux-gruel comment might have quite a bit of validity. Richmond/Kirby Pappasitos (same chain) is not good at all, and even worse at $20/person. Ironic and sad how some of these trendy, chain-hating inner loopers think this is great Mexican food.

Sign of the times I guess. Over the past couple of years the quality of mass-purchased food has been going down the tubes in general while getting more expensive.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
All but T-bone Tom's! Yummmmmmmmmmmm....
Agree 100%! Never have had a bad meal at Tom's. Not sure why....I tend NOT to think them as part of the BoardWalk.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:14 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,588,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
But I'm back on here to say the Pappadeaux-gruel comment might have quite a bit of validity. Richmond/Kirby Pappasitos (same chain) is not good at all, and even worse at $20/person. Ironic and sad how some of these trendy, chain-hating inner loopers think this is great Mexican food.
I am one of the chain-hating inner loopers of whom you speak (not sure I'm worthy of the "trendy" part!) and I do not like any of the Papas restaurants I've tried. They remind me of Fridays. It's ok, but nothing to rave about. I definitely do not consider it great Mexican food. Although I'm afraid to say the place I think has the best mexican; it's my hole in the wall, neighborhood place and I don't want it to become popular!

Old 10-13-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-CityRelo View Post
I am one of the chain-hating inner loopers of whom you speak (not sure I'm worthy of the "trendy" part!) and I do not like any of the Papas restaurants I've tried. They remind me of Fridays. It's ok, but nothing to rave about. I definitely do not consider it great Mexican food. Although I'm afraid to say the place I think has the best mexican; it's my hole in the wall, neighborhood place and I don't want it to become popular!
Aw, come on....spill it! Is it the one with .99 margaritas on Sat. nites? Might I add, life-altering margaritas, should you partake of more than 3?

Old 10-15-2010, 07:30 PM

86 posts, read 95,595 times
Hello
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston