Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 10:39 AM

31 posts, read 89,414 times

Advertisements

as one that grew up in the Aldine area and went to their schools....

I would strongly caution against it. true, that no school district is "perfect" but do you really wanna start at the bottom?

most kids in the district that do go on to college are in remedial math and english classes their first 2 years of college.

the students are NOT prepared for college by and large and the demographic shift in the area over the past 15 years has only made the area a low-income cesspool with a skyrocketing crime rate.

btw, English is a 2nd language in that area now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 10:55 AM

31 posts, read 89,414 times
as I said in a similar post..

DO NOT MOVE TO ALDINE..
unless..you love whats going on in Ciudad Juarez.........

if thats for you, you'll be in HOG HEAVEN!

Last edited by crowdedmouse78; 03-26-2010 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: fix

Old 11-01-2011, 08:06 PM

1 posts, read 928 times
Beign a current Aldine Senior High School student, I am proud to say that Aldine has taught me how the real world is. Out there, people are not going to be exceptionally nice to you nor is your life going to be "pink",wonderful. In Aldine, we see how people usually start off. As the saying goes,"Every expert was once a beginner". We do not focus on how people look nor what people wear. Aldine has taught me that we need to fight for education and scholarships. WE DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY FULL TUITION but WE DO OUR BEST TO ACCESS FULL SCHOLARSHIPS AND THAT'S WHAT MATTERS!

Old 11-01-2011, 08:33 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,970,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Football View Post
For starters...High crime. Bad Schools.

Where will you be working? Greenspoint area? Beltway?

There are many other good choices, that aren't very far from these places.
Aldine is the top urban school district in the country. Don't say things if you don't know.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:40 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,970,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
Stay AWAY from Aldine ISD for the kids. Do not live there either. GHETTO!
Colonial Hills is a great area. It is very charming. I don't get why everybody is bashing Aldine so bad. Because it is hispanic? just because a place isn't white suburbia doesn't make it bad. I would stay away from the big cheap apartments, but the single unit neighoborhoods are good.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:39 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,592,856 times
Aldine grad here
It's not the safest area, but for the most part people mind their business.
When i was there almost 10 years ago, it was good(school), now I'm not really sure.

I think i did well, I've been working for companies like Halliburton, Technip, Shell.
Buying my second home, wife and I both have new cars and we do well.

A lot of the unsuccessful from that area are mostly the stats of immigrants that move in there. The kids who are meant to succeed and are pushed to succeed will do just that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston