Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:24 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,087,644 times

Advertisements

an interesting read
KKK's 1st targets were <I>Republicans</i>

Quote:
The original targets of the Ku Klux Klan were Republicans, both black and white, according to a new television program and book, which describe how the Democrats started the KKK and for decades harassed the GOP with lynchings and threats.

An estimated 3,446 blacks and 1,297 whites died at the end of KKK ropes from 1882 to 1964.

The documentation has been assembled by David Barton of Wallbuilders and published in his book "Setting the Record Straight: American History in Black & White," which reveals that not only did the Democrats work hand-in-glove with the Ku Klux Klan for generations, they started the KKK and endorsed its mayhem.

"Of all forms of violent intimidation, lynchings were by far the most effective," Barton said in his book. "Republicans often led the efforts to pass federal anti-lynching laws and their platforms consistently called for a ban on lynching. Democrats successfully blocked those bills and their platforms never did condemn lynchings."

Further, the first grand wizard of the KKK was honored at the 1868 Democratic National Convention, no Democrats voted for the 14th Amendment to grant citizenship to former slaves and, to this day, the party website ignores those decades of racism, he said.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:45 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,451,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
You cannot be this simple.
The KKK has always been a conservative group.
Conservatives switched affiliations from the Democratic party to the Republican party in the 1950's and 60's over civil rights.
Research man, research.
I suppose you're also going to mention that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:59 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,087,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
You cannot be this simple.
The KKK has always been a conservative group.
Regardless if they were affiliated with Democrats or Republicans.
Conservatives switched from the Democratic party to the Republican party in the 1960's.
Research man, research.
I suppose you're also going to mention that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican.

all i said was interesting read, maybe you should try again smart guy.

and for the record, conservatives and liberals where more of a "mixed bag" until about the l johnson era. in other words liberals and conservatives both fought or believed in things that neither would agree with today. in other words neither party is what it was.

extremely liberal presidents like FDR where dems, as a mater of fact the dems became ultra liberal/progressive in the 1930's.

research my brother research.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:14 PM

497 posts, read 1,485,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
I will. Once you provide me with the source of your claims. You just could have posted the link in here instead of copy/paste it.

LOL - Dude the reference is the bill. The section numbers are listed.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:41 PM

343 posts, read 942,455 times
So has anyone in here discussed what is in the bill? What takes effect immediately and what doesn't?

Old 03-25-2010, 03:28 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studiobtm View Post
LOL - Dude the reference is the bill. The section numbers are listed.
Link please. Thanks.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:37 PM

2,548 posts, read 4,052,968 times
I found the text at:
Text of H.R.3200 as Reported in House: America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

I searched for some of the "sections" quoted in the long post earlier, and didn't find them. For example:
Quote:

20. If you go for cosmetic surgery, you will pay an additional 5% tax on the cost of the procedure. Think you know how to spend that money you earned better than the government? Tough. (Section 9017).
Didn't find a "Section 9017."
I'm not used to doing detailed research on a long legislative package like this, so it's possible I missed something. It's also possible that the interpretation of the various provisions cited in that long post was, let's say, rather creative.

Research, research, research Rigas... but consider your sources.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:08 PM

497 posts, read 1,485,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Link please. Thanks.
Google it - that's what I did. But you are just avoiding the issue. Google the bill, read it, and tell me I'm wrong. Frankly, I would like to be wrong.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:11 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,021 times
Quote:
Google it - that's what I did. But you are just avoiding the issue. Google the bill, read it, and tell me I'm wrong. Frankly, I would like to be wrong.
Exacly. So you don't even know what you copied there. Cause then you would have seen it. The first part is already wrong.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:18 PM

60 posts, read 175,596 times
How the hell has this thread still here? Whats up mods? You usually move stuff like this the instant it pops up anywhere on these Texas forums. So political threads get a green light in the houston sub-forum now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston