Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2015, 01:31 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,421,094 times

Advertisements

Yeah, it was in the article about the EPA grant. They said it was a group of 35, I think, with the possibility of more down the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 03:53 PM

941 posts, read 1,355,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb4htown View Post
One of the Marshall fan boards is saying a small group of workers are starting back at ACF. Anyone hear this? (per HD)
Yeah 35 people. I don't know why though. It's kind of annoying actually. That property needs to go and it is just being so difficult.

Old 07-08-2015, 06:18 PM

530 posts, read 589,468 times
Dunkin' Donuts announced today that it is planning on opening 5 new restaurants in Charleston and Beckley. I know for sure that Beckley already has one and I am not sure about Charleston. I am actually quite shocked that Huntington has not been included in their expansion plans, considering there are numerous Little General stores in Huntington/Barboursville. It is becoming almost laughable that this area can't even land a Dunkin' Donuts.

Quote:
Dunkin' Donuts announced Wednesday that the franchise is opening 51 new restaurants in West Virginia and Virginia.
Quote:
According to the release, existing franchise group Little General Stores, led by Greg Darby, plans to develop five new restaurants in Charleston and Beckley. However, an employee says they can't release exact locations yet.

Dunkin' Donuts Announces It's Opening Charleston, Beckley Locations

Old 07-10-2015, 05:18 PM

4,954 posts, read 8,952,889 times
I think Little General is based out of Beckley so not too surprised they are expanding DD out from there. Dunkin Donuts is nice and all but I really don't see myself stopping all that often.

In other news, another Sheetz is coming but closer to downtown which is didn't expect. Sounds like they are planning to buy out Jeff's bike shop. I wonder if he'll open up somewhere else?

Sheetz Files Petition to Open Downtown Huntington Location

Old 07-10-2015, 06:21 PM

6,077 posts, read 9,104,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
I think Little General is based out of Beckley so not too surprised they are expanding DD out from there. Dunkin Donuts is nice and all but I really don't see myself stopping all that often.

In other news, another Sheetz is coming but closer to downtown which is didn't expect. Sounds like they are planning to buy out Jeff's bike shop. I wonder if he'll open up somewhere else?

Sheetz Files Petition to Open Downtown Huntington Location
I actually hope that Sheetz doesn't take down that bike shop. I really like that old lil gas station.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:04 PM

I noticed today that a Touma Hearing Centers sign was up in the space between Pizza Hut and Firehouse Subs in University Plaza. Was this the last space there?

Also, as I was turning onto the Merritts Creek Connector today (from Rt. 60) I noticed a pretty large sign directly across the intersection that said "coming soon" and I think something about Tanyard Branch. I couldn't get a good look at what the sign said exactly but it seemed as if it was for that former CSX property (nearly 50 acres). This would be an excellent location for a large scale retail development. Hopefully, we will hear much more about this soon! Does anyone know anything about this?

Old 07-11-2015, 05:48 AM

4,954 posts, read 8,952,889 times
They've been trying to develop that CSX property for some time buts it's always been limited due to contamination issues. I'm pretty sure that property is classified as a brownfield and past attempts have always been scrapped due to clean up costs. Hopefully someone can make it happen this time.

Here's more info about the proposed Sheetz. It is a cool little building and I'd hate to see it go.

Quote:
"Everyone is talking like this is a done deal," Jeff Joy, owner of Jeff's Bike Shop said. "Right now I'd say the possibility of it happening is about 50-50."

Jeff's Bike Shop has been at its current location for the past 16 years. Joy said negotiations with Sheetz about acquiring the location has been "off-and-on" over the past four years.
Quote:
Joy did not comment about whether he planned to relocate the bike shop.
Sheetz looking at site on 6th Ave. | The Herald-Dispatch

Old 07-11-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
They've been trying to develop that CSX property for some time buts it's always been limited due to contamination issues. I'm pretty sure that property is classified as a brownfield and past attempts have always been scrapped due to clean up costs. Hopefully someone can make it happen this time.

Here's more info about the proposed Sheetz. It is a cool little building and I'd hate to see it go.

Sheetz looking at site on 6th Ave. | The Herald-Dispatch
I feel like they could keep the building and still have a gas station there. It would just be more a convenience store than a gas station, which I'm cool with to some extent. I have a feeling that Sheetz would prefer demolision though.

Old 07-11-2015, 10:33 AM

Honestly, I would prefer something like this:

Btw that is in Morgantown under their new student apartment towers.

Old 07-11-2015, 05:37 PM

I got a little better look at the sign at the intersection of the Merritts Creek Connector and Rt. 60 and the name of the development will be "Tanyard Crossing" and it is going to be done by Interstate Commercial Real Estate Services (same developers/property management firm for the Merritts Creek Shopping Center and is a very reputable development firm - so I would imagine that this project WILL happen). There is a map on the sign for the site plans and it looks like a large development planned (I assume for the CSX property). The website on the sign is: www.TanyardCrossing.com and it links you to the Interstate Commercial Real Estate Services main website, with no specifics at this time. I am really hoping that the development is similar to that of the University Town Centre in Morgantown, which this same company developed. This is very exciting news and looks like a large scale development for this very prime piece of real estate!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington