Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2011, 06:44 PM

8 posts, read 23,983 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone!

Looking to purchase a home in the Owens Cross Roads area and researching reviews for the Owens Cross Roads Water and Sewer Services.

Any feedback on the good and bad along with any known issues. Also, like to know how the water held up during the last drought conditions, any shortages etc.

So far only able to find this one review.
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
Owens Crossroads Water Authority - Tap Water Data by Homefacts.com

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by Yac; 12-28-2011 at 05:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 11:03 PM

1,134 posts, read 2,866,363 times
We get OCR water, though we're technically in HSV city limits. Dunno how to review water though... its water. There hasn't been a problem in the 2 years we've been here. It doesn't taste funny - or rather, any more funny than all of hsv does to someone from northern Virginia.

We just received a water quality report from them. All is well aside from having a couple monitoring failures - apparently they only collected 6 samples to test for couple contaminants rather than the required 7.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:42 PM

8 posts, read 23,983 times
thanks for feedback!

Old 01-30-2015, 03:50 PM

2 posts, read 3,383 times
I have lived here over two years and noticed a white grainy substance at the bottom of my glass.... Called and was told that it is CALCIUM....so I'm using Brita water. YUCK!!!!

Old 02-03-2015, 11:55 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,034,158 times
I believe that HU owns Owens Crossroads water now. The rate might still be higher, but its HU. (Unless I'm wrong.)

Sewer is Huntsville or none. If you're going into the county, that'd be the none. If you feed into the city schools, you should have sewer.

Our rates on water and sewer are lower than the national average, but everything here is lower than the national average, so it doesn't seem like some grand treat or anything.

Old 02-01-2020, 01:15 PM

2 posts, read 3,383 times
Sewer is $40 each month. Separate bill. Water is still grainy with calcium. I hate the water and sewer are separate entities. Water did start autopay which is neat. Still have to pay sewer separate. Why if you’re going to rob us at least do autopay?

Old 02-01-2020, 04:14 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backpockets View Post
Sewer is $40 each month. Separate bill. Water is still grainy with calcium. I hate the water and sewer are separate entities. Water did start autopay which is neat. Still have to pay sewer separate. Why if you’re going to rob us at least do autopay?
Best I can tell, all the water around here is hard. When I first moved to Madison, my electric water heater was ruined within 6 months with calcium buildup. It was literally above the lower element. I bought a whole-house water softener and haven't had any problems since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area