Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 12:03 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky2517 View Post
LTC - are they available at our new house?? If so, let Greg/me know please!!
Yes!....per their website!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 12:17 PM

32 posts, read 55,158 times
Don't know how their programming is but lol what a headache I had with them when I had to come to northern Ill. to put

my mother's house up for sale & shut down her Wow cable.

Had to travel halfway to Chicago to turn in the equipment.

Then a charge for the equipment showed up on a final bill, when I called them they said the equipment was never returned.

This went on for months.

Was so glad to get back home & to our Directv.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:24 PM

295 posts, read 442,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swdweller View Post
Then a charge for the equipment showed up on a final bill, when I called them they said the equipment was never returned.

This went on for months.
Hmm. NOT what I wanted to hear!

Old 04-10-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swdweller View Post
Don't know how their programming is but lol what a headache I had with them when I had to come to northern Ill. to put

my mother's house up for sale & shut down her Wow cable.

Had to travel halfway to Chicago to turn in the equipment.

This went on for months.

Was so glad to get back home & to our Directv.
Well, I had that happen with Direct TV.....we switched to Dish, and packed up our receivers in the original boxes and affixed the labels THEY provided us....then all of a sudden they charged my credit card over $400.....said we only returned ONE receiver. It was a MESS to straighten out and I will NEVER use them again! Also tried to demand we return the HD DVR....that WE PURCHASED at Circuit City...it was ours, not rented.

Oh...and they also lied to me when we called to cancel the contract, said we would have to pay a termination fee....its a good thing I keep everything, especially DirectTV contracts that I could scan/email them to show that was NOT the case. Funny, you would THINK they would have the contract on file or something.....

Last edited by LCTMadison; 04-10-2013 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: Mistake

Old 04-10-2013, 02:47 PM

Ugh! Is it just me or does it seem to everyone that more time is spent following up on things to make sure we get what we signed up for? It seems like I'm always having to call the insurance company, cable provider, etc. to correct something. Just today, I've talked to 2 people who also had Knology say they never turned in their boxes. One fought it and won but the other gave up and paid. Okay, okay....off my soapbox!

Old 04-10-2013, 03:02 PM

We bought our own modem instead of renting the knology one. It is $5/month to rent, we bought one for $50.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:30 PM

458 posts, read 617,260 times
I bought my own modem as well. I figure I'll break even in a year and be ahead after that. If you go that route just make sure you get a DOCSIS 3.0 modem to take full advantage of the connection speed.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:25 AM

90 posts, read 187,906 times
We have WOW (Knology). No major complaints here, their prices are reasonable. I can't wait for the Ultra TV service to roll out in Huntsville. I've heard good things about it.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:36 AM

I'm pretty sure that if we go with Wow we'll buy our own modem this time around.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:02 AM

944 posts, read 1,186,299 times
I only need internet, we have Directv and using the movers package - hubby NEEDS his NFL package and Directv are the only ones offering the whole thing - I'll go with the above advice and buy the modem as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area