U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-28-2009, 06:17 AM
 
Location: North Alabama
567 posts, read 1,552,102 times
Reputation: 151

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
I'll have to report on how it goes
Please do. Wish I could come. Tired of BBQ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-28-2009, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Hville
1,526 posts, read 2,552,316 times
Reputation: 470
Just a quick report: got in at 11:30 place was 95% full, just a open four top just for me.

Waitress was quick, faster than I expected. Told me to expect a wait, probably 45 minutes. Ordered a simple cheese pizza, small. Drank my Dr Pibb (I know its Mr. Pibb), got a refill and kept waiting and watching. Lots of servers running around, looked like they only had 3 tables each - maybe 4. So service looked pretty solid.

To go orders are coming in fast and furious and that's the cause for the delay by the way.

43 minutes after I ordered, steaming hot cheese pizza is on my table and a new Dr P. The ladies sitting next to me were not so lucky. They waited over an hour for their food, manager took care of them - but you can see they have a few kinks to work out.

Pizza - very good. I'll be going back with regularity. I like Tortora's still the best, but this is 20 minutes from home vs 45 minutes. Yeah, you can see how that works.

Eat Pizza - Its Good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2009, 02:29 PM
 
Location: North Alabama
567 posts, read 1,552,102 times
Reputation: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
Just a quick report: got in at 11:30 place was 95% full, just a open four top just for me.

Waitress was quick, faster than I expected. Told me to expect a wait, probably 45 minutes. Ordered a simple cheese pizza, small. Drank my Dr Pibb (I know its Mr. Pibb), got a refill and kept waiting and watching. Lots of servers running around, looked like they only had 3 tables each - maybe 4. So service looked pretty solid.

To go orders are coming in fast and furious and that's the cause for the delay by the way.

43 minutes after I ordered, steaming hot cheese pizza is on my table and a new Dr P. The ladies sitting next to me were not so lucky. They waited over an hour for their food, manager took care of them - but you can see they have a few kinks to work out.

Pizza - very good. I'll be going back with regularity. I like Tortora's still the best, but this is 20 minutes from home vs 45 minutes. Yeah, you can see how that works.

Eat Pizza - Its Good!
See me for your next hair cut. A lady not far from me charges $7.00 and does a better job than Roosters. She won't give you a rub down though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2009, 02:53 PM
 
Location: Hville
1,526 posts, read 2,552,316 times
Reputation: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarges Dad View Post
See me for your next hair cut. A lady not far from me charges $7.00 and does a better job than Roosters. She won't give you a rub down though.
I like the rub down. My hair is my key feature, so this woman better be good if she thinks she can cut my hair. At my age, still having hair is an achievement, but having hair like this - yeah. She better be really good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2009, 03:18 PM
 
1,351 posts, read 2,978,168 times
Reputation: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
I like the rub down. My hair is my key feature, so this woman better be good if she thinks she can cut my hair. At my age, still having hair is an achievement, but having hair like this - yeah. She better be really good

hey Sarge and Eddie, stop it already; reading your rub-a-dub-dub posts it unwillingly makes me feel like an intrusive peeping tom. can't help but coming back on the thread and read more.... naturally, I come back to read about MellowMush
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2009, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Hville
1,526 posts, read 2,552,316 times
Reputation: 470
Don't read - go, but be prepared to wait. and wait.

also, no wifi - which I thought was odd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2009, 09:39 PM
 
Location: Alabama!
5,844 posts, read 15,904,849 times
Reputation: 4323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarges Dad View Post
Tired of BBQ.
WHAT???

Say it ain't so!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2009, 03:38 AM
 
Location: North Alabama
567 posts, read 1,552,102 times
Reputation: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
WHAT???

Say it ain't so!!!
I have been eating it on and off for 3 weeks. Cooking again the 13th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2009, 04:37 PM
 
Location: North Alabama
567 posts, read 1,552,102 times
Reputation: 151
Was going today but got caught by a customer. Got there at 11:20 and it was to crowded.I went to Tony's instead. Looks like Tony's was just as busy as usual. Maybe spill over from MM. Oh, pizza was good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2009, 07:25 PM
 
Location: Madison, AL
339 posts, read 523,260 times
Reputation: 304
Same here, tried going to MM for supper, got there around 6 and there were about 15 people waiting outside. With three little ones and the waits I've read about here, didn't want to chance it. Went to Tony's also (best service we've had there, food was good as always). MM was at least as busy when we finished at Tony's. May try MM one night during the week instead to see if it's not so crazy.

I wouldn't be surprised if a MM goes into Jones Valley in the next year if this keeps up.

Jake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top