Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 09:57 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times

Advertisements

It was only 52 degrees this morning!! What happened??? Global cooling??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 10:37 AM

23,597 posts, read 70,412,676 times
It was 48 out here. Makes me think of summer in Vermont.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:06 AM

614 posts, read 766,569 times
It was in the 50's this morning. Now it's in the 70's!!! That is climate change. Proven science. End of discussion.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:32 AM

561 posts, read 1,512,806 times
And here I sit on my front porch lovin' it!!!

Old 09-08-2017, 12:00 PM

651 posts, read 407,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Wow, what a funny thread!! You guys are killing it here

Old 09-08-2017, 01:47 PM

3,881 posts, read 4,127,100 times
This is a change I can believe in!!

Old 09-08-2017, 01:49 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Temps, on average are about 10F - 15F cooler than normal where I live, and have been for a while. It is forecasted to stay that way for the near future. Weather changes naturally. Always has.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:16 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
I sure wish people would look at the "Climate Change Narrative" in a much larger viewpoint. Climate change does NOT cause extreme weather so much as enhance what would normally happen into Extremes!

Winds get enhanced
Water levels enhanced due to higher sea levels
Heat of the worlds oceans enhance hurricanes and enhances size and speeds of them
Erosion of coastal regions being degraded cause increased damages of storm surges
Fluctuations of temperatures outside of normal ranges get enhanced

Bottomline is~~ Denying how humans and need to alter/pillage natural resources ( to profit) has in the end "Enhanced" what nature does and WILL directly affect!!

Natural disasters have always been around.. However, Climate Change has enhanced the what was within tolerations yet.. Still, some want to deny deny deny !! I SMH at that notion! Then of course, fear mongering surrounding those declaring Climate change as a Hoax only leads to losses and affects millions who have zero resources to escape or deal with it!! < yet those who are unable get blamed (Victim Blaming) for their weaknesses and laziness etc etc.

I like to use an old proverb (analogy) to describe of what I read here on C-D as well on social media~~

Cut off their legs and it's their fault they (didn't walk away form) got caught in "Whatevers"... They should have known better/stupid ????

BTW~~ I do not believe for one minute majority think this way.. but it's become more and more apparent that there's at least 20-30% of humanity that does!! Their propaganda being spread ++++++ Rush Limbaugh is just one "Mouth Piece" (example#1 of hundreds) in the current disaster bearing down on the entire State of Florida!! ( BTW~~ RL has packed bags and already left Florida Believe what I say, ignore, what I do (behaviour of those spreading BS) !!! IF you are gullible enough to BELIEVE obvious LIES.. That's all on YOU.. bye bye!! Meanwhile, I'm laughing all the way to the bank!!

Old 09-08-2017, 02:55 PM

23,597 posts, read 70,412,676 times
Rush packed up because his candy man won't deliver in stormy weather.

Be careful handing out labels like "stupid." Stupidity exists everywhere. Environmentalists have no problem in claiming (rightly) that the Central Valley of California has been subsiding, due to intense agricultural use and the way water has been managed. Having lived in south Florida and regularly driven across the state and by the immense old sugar plantation fields, it was obvious to me that the growth, crop removal, and burning had been eating away at the humus and making the fields feet lower than the roadways. All very simple, no dispute from anyone facts.

Now go to Miami Beach, which is a "spoils" island of crushed coral and sand, largely man-made. Read in a recent news article how (wait for it...) the sea has RISEN 3.3 inches there, causing problems. No mention that it is not a natural island but manmade, no mention of any possibility of subsidence, no mention of aquifer issues, no mention that coral is porous and subject to crushing - no, the sea has mysteriously RISEN, for all we know because someone on Miami Beach is related to Moses and been attempting to part the waters. Either that magic is happening or the ocean magically rises around Miami Beach while not doing so elsewhere.

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proof. Faking proof tends to irritate those who are actually looking for facts.

Old 09-08-2017, 04:55 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post

Depends on what year you're talking about....global warming, global cooling, and now the "catch all" climate change....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: