Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 05:06 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times

Advertisements

There is Global Warming BUT NOT the way Al Gore (that !!!!!), in fact most of it is 99% NOT man-made!

The surrounding planets are warming as well, Mars included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 07:20 PM

1,420 posts, read 1,593,158 times
All this arguing by Global Warming, Global Cooling, Climate Change, or whatever is just a big waste of time. The truth is that since the beginning of the industrial revolution the average worldwide temperature has been increasing. The only question that should be asked is what should we do about it?

Should we just adapt to it, moderate its effects, or go all out and reduce what is supposedly causing it?

So far conservation efforts and demands for efficiency have reduced fossil fuel use to the point that CO2 emissions are not increasing as fast as what was once predicted. Since it takes 10 to 20 years for changes in CO2 levels to show up in so called temperature changes it is hard to correlate the cause and effects right now.

The first real question that I don’t see being asked is what level of CO2 is acceptable? Is it 1850, 1900, 1950 levels or what? Only when that question is answered can a plan be made to bring down levels to the target amount. But then the problem is that plan is impossible unless every country in the world agrees to it.

So far all the past, current, and future plans I have seen so far have been a joke. Their goals and methods are so timid that the real results will only add up to at best an unmeasurable change in temperature. That is the dirty little secret that nobody wants to talk about.

If the Global Warming proponents were really honest about the true costs of what they want to achieve there would be a big revolt. Do people really want to pay the high costs of change it will take? If things were to continue the United States average income what have to rapidly decline while other counties like China would continue to grow and pollute. We could see the next century with China being the lone superpower and the United States relegate to second class status.

I think that instead of wasting trillions of dollars in a futile effort to stop global warming we ought to find out how best to live with the changes.

Old 09-09-2017, 06:47 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
Al Gore is disapproving of this thread from his 10000 sft estate as he is consuming 20X the energy as the average homeowner

Old 09-09-2017, 12:06 PM

3,881 posts, read 4,127,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
Al Gore is disapproving of this thread from his 10000 sft estate as he is consuming 20X the energy as the average homeowner
haha.. true that!
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old 09-09-2017, 05:19 PM

614 posts, read 766,569 times
The earth's climate is a flaming dark mess. We are comfortably dreaming and encased in pods living what appears to be the real world but is actually the Matrix.

Take the blue pill...

Old 09-09-2017, 07:28 PM

143 posts, read 155,253 times
I believe in climate change because there is evidence that Greenland was green at one time glaciers carved out much of the features of the USA. Now, I hear people say humans are causing climate change and I say to what degree? If the climate is changing all the time (the only thing I think everyone agrees upon) then what percent of change is caused by human activity. I hear it is "settled science" so it should be an easy answer to say what part of the settlement is human-made. Until I get that answer, I say it is so small it can't be measured. After that I look at why some people make that claim and find it all comes down to money. That's why I'm skeptical.

Old 09-10-2017, 06:45 AM

956 posts, read 745,004 times
If we pay more money then climate change will go away. Hahahahaha. Just how stupid do the libs think we are,

Old 09-10-2017, 03:10 PM

301 posts, read 333,741 times
Climate change is BS. Mars ice caps are also reducing. Is it possible that the sun is heating both or are we stuck thinking carbon emissions are the only reason

Old 09-10-2017, 05:11 PM

582 posts, read 827,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
From which one??? I hear he has three of them.

Old 09-10-2017, 05:44 PM

12,981 posts, read 9,501,161 times
This is the worst thread I've ever seen on this forum ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: