Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 09:22 AM

39 posts, read 112,255 times

Advertisements

When I used to live here 6 years ago I would always go to Jackson's Family Restaraunt in Madison. My wife and I drove over there Sunday morning and noticed the place is closed.

So besides Cracker Barrel, any good suggestions on places for Breakfast?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 08:12 PM

889 posts, read 2,399,217 times
Well, I'm a native Huntsvillian and for a real local Southern style breakfast free of the mass market stylings of Cracker Barrel, I suggest...

A) Mullin's - my favorite place for breakfast in town. A Huntsville institution located on Andrew Jackson at O'Shaugnessy. They've been in business for decades.
B) Little Farm - Completely local style breakfast diner. Located on Whitesburg at Governor's Drive near Huntsville Hospital.

Nothing wrong with Cracker Barrel, but the real deal can be found for less money at the places above. And you can get Cracker Barel anywhere. I grew up on Mullin's and Little Farm. Honestly, I haven't been to Little Farm in ages (like the mid-80s) but I imagine they are still a great spot. I do go to Mullin's at least once every few weeks though.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:20 PM

39 posts, read 112,255 times
Awesome, thank you for the suggestions. I have to say I believe I have been to Mullin's before but it has been a really long time, sounds very familiar.

I love Cracker Barrel but the smaller local places are always better and cheaper.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:55 AM

482 posts, read 2,418,542 times
I haven't been to the one in Huntsville but I use to live in Tallahassee, Fl. and there was a really great breakfast place called "Another Broken Egg", it is sooooooooo good. There are not many of them, mainly in Fl. Panhandle but their web site says there is one in Huntsville at 2722 Carl T. Jones SE, has anyone been there?

Old 10-15-2008, 08:09 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,804,722 times
My favorites:
Blue Plate Cafe on Governor's West
Gibsons on South Parkway
Shea's Express on Church (for something a little nicer)

Old 10-15-2008, 03:56 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,804,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guntersville Boomer View Post
I haven't been to the one in Huntsville but I use to live in Tallahassee, Fl. and there was a really great breakfast place called "Another Broken Egg", it is sooooooooo good. There are not many of them, mainly in Fl. Panhandle but their web site says there is one in Huntsville at 2722 Carl T. Jones SE, has anyone been there?
Another Broken Egg is good but a little pricey for breakfast IMO. I don't really want to spend $30 on breakfast for 2 very often. They have a lot of interesting ingredients that you don't find at your typical breakfast joints.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:19 PM

482 posts, read 2,418,542 times
Yes, they are on the expensive side, good if you are celebrating something and need a special place to go, glad they are still in Huntsville. I worry with this economy places like this are going to suffer......and maybe go under.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:06 AM

8 posts, read 20,260 times
To be perfecly honest my wife and I when we are feeling a little on the lazy side favor the Waffle House on Madison Blvd. and Wall Triana. Frankly all of the little breakfast shops we have been to have kinda sucked.

We haven't tried Another Broken Egg, and have both heard that it is fabulous. But for good, consistent breakfeasts we prefer the Waffle House mentioned previously over all the other shops in town. You can't beat it for price, friendliness, and quality.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:17 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,427,001 times
What's got 3 teeth and a spatula?
Third shift at the Waffle House!
(Actually, I LOVE Waffle House!)

Old 10-25-2008, 03:58 PM

871 posts, read 2,885,916 times
A good alternative is the Market Street Cafe in Providence. They have a great breakfast for about what you would pay at Cracker Barrel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area