Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2017, 01:28 PM

84 posts, read 52,578 times

Advertisements

Dutch Bros will be where Sarah's Candy Cottage was, it will be like the Twin Falls location. New townhouses behind Baskin Robins similar to the new ones behind Big Lots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 02:29 PM

432 posts, read 534,261 times
I buzzed over to the park south of the Eagle Rock Art Museum to check out the progress of the River Garden. It's looking great! I also noticed that they are clearing out the lots on either side of Riverside Drive, possibly for development, not so sure though. I'm going to make a bold prediction that those lots are going to fill up fast. Hopefully they build those condos they were talking about as well.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:19 AM

434 posts, read 417,236 times
I haven't heard anything more about the restaurant who wants to build next to Springhill. I'm sure in more time we will find out. I heard from reliable sources that the change in our alcohol ordinance was pushed for by potential businesses.

There seems to be a lot of buzz surrounding the events center currently. Both Ball Ventures and Matt Morgan have been trying to nudge along the process. The road network was approved and now the executive director of the auditorium district has been fired. I hope it doesn't but it probably does mean further delays

Old 10-01-2017, 09:27 AM

An urgent care facility geared toward kids will be opening at Hitt and Sunnyside. I'm guessing in the existing building where the soda place is

Old 10-12-2017, 06:00 PM

The recent activity in downtown is picking up more steam. I can't really answer any questions about it so I will quote Mr. Brad Cramer. He mentioned in a recent city meeting that an important building or area of downtown is under new ownership. The new owner wants to do "some really exciting things".

This is obviously separate from the redevelopment agency's projects. A couple of other plans or happenings I am aware of are far from concrete. Idahoan wants to expand. No word on by how much but they do want the RDA to pay for another level of parking on top of what they have already. Thomas Development company owns the Rogers Hotel (I think) where Pachangas just moved out of. And the LDS church will soon be vacating the longtime location of Deseret Industries.

Old 10-20-2017, 05:42 PM

168 posts, read 174,403 times
The construction at Broadway and Memorial Drive downtown looks to be moving along well. I noticed as I passed today that they are now drilling for blasting, as seems to be the norm for anything near the river in I.F. Rows and rows of holes bored across the bottom of the dig area, with the "funnels" in place for charging them. Looks like slow going from here downward. Hope they aren't planning on a full basement . . . .

Old 10-20-2017, 08:42 PM

119 posts, read 94,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.InAmmon View Post
The construction at Broadway and Memorial Drive downtown looks to be moving along well. I noticed as I passed today that they are now drilling for blasting, as seems to be the norm for anything near the river in I.F. Rows and rows of holes bored across the bottom of the dig area, with the "funnels" in place for charging them. Looks like slow going from here downward. Hope they aren't planning on a full basement . . . .
It is a one level parking garage going underground w/ 2 buildings separated by a plaza going in at surface level. The parking level access will be behind the three story building which is going in on the side furthest from Broadway.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:23 AM

168 posts, read 174,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1834 View Post
It is a one level parking garage going underground w/ 2 buildings separated by a plaza going in at surface level. The parking level access will be behind the three story building which is going in on the side furthest from Broadway.
Wow. That will require a lot of blasting to get down that deep.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:41 AM

84 posts, read 52,578 times
Dutch Bros is also building a location in front of ShopKo where Wendys was. A new Sushi place is opening near the new soda shop at Hitt and Sunnyside.

Last edited by Idahoing; 10-25-2017 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: Forgot

Old 10-25-2017, 10:01 AM

432 posts, read 534,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahoing View Post
Dutch Bros is also building a location in front of ShopKo where Wendys was. A new Sushi place is opening near the new soda shop at Hitt and Sunnyside.
I had a feeling Dutch Bros wasn't going to open just one location. Should give Starbucks a huge run for their money.

Also, it's nice to see were getting some eateries that aren't meat and potatoes or your normal American food fare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls