Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 07:52 PM

11 posts, read 17,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Hiya, mtngirlatheart. How are you doing? I've wondered about you and all things Salmon. Catch me up sometime when you have a chance.

MSR
I am here in Salmon. Its beautiful. Checking out the town. Then road trip. Thanks again. The drive up from Idaho falls on 28 was breathtaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 06:31 AM

279 posts, read 486,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gghtznfsh View Post
I am here in Salmon. Its beautiful. Checking out the town. Then road trip. Thanks again. The drive up from Idaho falls on 28 was breathtaking.
Glad you made it safely. It's a gorgeous drive, isn't it? Hopefully the weather clears for you a bit while you're here. We're in the midst of a rainy slump at the moment!

Old 05-20-2016, 10:06 AM

349 posts, read 1,040,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngirlatheart View Post
I'm still missing north Idaho, but I'm not missing the fast growing population up there. It is almost like two completely different worlds and there are things about both that I love but just in the time we were there, it grew tremendously and has only gotten worse since then. Any chance of you making it back down here again?
Making my pans to visit in July after the 4th festivities the town is so crowded then even though I always enjoyed it. I miss it so much cannot wait.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadbad2004 View Post
Making my pans to visit in July after the 4th festivities the town is so crowded then even though I always enjoyed it. I miss it so much cannot wait.
I'm so glad to hear you're coming back for a visit! I'm very much looking forward to the 4th holiday. It's always been one of my favorites. I'm interested to see the town liven up for it!

Gghtznfsh, I hope you've been enjoying your stay. The weather has been less than stellar but I hope you've gotten to explore some of the things on your list and that you've had a positive experience here. I can't wait to hear about your trip!

Old 05-22-2016, 09:52 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Quote:
I'm so glad to hear you're coming back for a visit! I'm very much looking forward to the 4th holiday. It's always been one of my favorites. I'm interested to see the town liven up for it!

Gghtznfsh, I hope you've been enjoying your stay. The weather has been less than stellar but I hope you've gotten to explore some of the things on your list and that you've had a positive experience here. I can't wait to hear about your trip!
How are you doing, mtngirlatheart? Enjoy the spring.

MSR

Old 06-03-2016, 06:45 AM

gghtznfsh, just wanted to check in and see how your trip was and what your thoughts were! Update us when you can.

MSR, I am well! Looking forward to the big warm-up here this weekend. Sunshine sure is going to feel good. I do love the spring for the short while when the rain stops and you can take how beautifully green everything is.

Old 06-03-2016, 05:54 PM

11 posts, read 17,347 times
The drive from Fl. To Idaho was rough. Coming up 28 was awesome. Mountains are so beautiful. Seen Pronghorn's everywhere! Rain kept me from getting around. Went up 93 to Shoup. Seen Elk! Went to Challis, WOW at the rocky mountains. 93 north and south was hard to drive , too busy looking, the view was breathtaking. Realtor said in some areas, no internet and cell phone. That raises a few questions. Didn't see any satellite dishes. The town of Salmon was better than I imagined. Very clean, people very helpful and friendly. It had everything one would need. The winter's do worry me some. Before I even made it home, planned on a return trip! I REALLY LOVED IT UP THERE!

Old 06-04-2016, 07:58 PM

Yes, you'll definitely find areas that have no internet/cell service but that all depends on how remote you want to be. Satellite is offered but not having looked into it before, I'm uncertain of the exact areas. You could check with Computer Zen in town. I do know that they recently partnered up with a satellite provider for services. Isn't hwy 93 a beautiful drive? And it truly never gets old. Always something to see! I'm glad that overall it was a good trip for you.

I read your post in the other thread and I want to comment on a few things but I'm going to keep it in that thread. Meet ya there.

Old 09-01-2016, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gghtznfsh View Post
The drive from Fl. To Idaho was rough. Coming up 28 was awesome. Mountains are so beautiful. Seen Pronghorn's everywhere! Rain kept me from getting around. Went up 93 to Shoup. Seen Elk! Went to Challis, WOW at the rocky mountains. 93 north and south was hard to drive , too busy looking, the view was breathtaking. Realtor said in some areas, no internet and cell phone. That raises a few questions. Didn't see any satellite dishes. The town of Salmon was better than I imagined. Very clean, people very helpful and friendly. It had everything one would need. The winter's do worry me some. Before I even made it home, planned on a return trip! I REALLY LOVED IT UP THERE!
I was thinking about this thread the other day and decided to search it out to see if I missed anything. Just wondering if you have thought any more about your move and made any further plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadbad2004 View Post
Were you ever able to make it back down after the 4th this summer?

Looks like we're finally in for a break in the weather. Been so hot and dry this summer and the air quality has been less than desirable with all of the fires, so I am very much looking forward to some cooling off, some fresher air and some precip. It's only supposed to be around 60 degrees by Sunday and there is even talk of mountain snow into Monday. YAY.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:10 PM

349 posts, read 1,040,580 times
Quote:

Were you ever able to make it back down after the 4th this summer?

Looks like we're finally in for a break in the weather. Been so hot and dry this summer and the air quality has been less than desirable with all of the fires, so I am very much looking forward to some cooling off, some fresher air and some precip. It's only supposed to be around 60 degrees by Sunday and there is even talk of mountain snow into Monday. YAY.
No I did not, not sure if the fall will work but if not I will be there for a few weeks in July. I always loved when September rolled around and the smoke would start to clear. Enjoy those clear days always my favorite time of year in Salmon, been especially home sick but I will survive lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho