Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 06:27 PM

364 posts, read 244,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Which one of you believes in the constitution? I don't see ANY of you talking about the responsibilities of the state and of the federal governments as outlined in the constitution.

I fully expect states to file a lawsuit if federal government encroaches into its responsibilities. And I fully expect federal government to file a lawsuit against state government(s) if it encroaches.
tha feds need to step up
or they wil face suits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
And money and work force....and any credibilty the fascist state of Arizona presented to the Union.
every state need to be like az
dealin with ilegal aliens
specialy in this recesion

Old 07-07-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Tin:
There are alreaday naturalization laws in place: UNDER THE JURISDICTIONAL AUTHORITY OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT-that creates a path the citizenship. My ancestors went through them---presumably your ancestors went through them---50 people in my city went through them and were rewarded this past Sunday.

As for your respect our laws: what do you think they came here in the first place? I don't think Mexico is a shining beacon of humanity these days. they came here to enjoy our laws and rights and priviledges. The day we deny that to the world and those who WANT it, they day we lose a part of the meaning of America.

We need to find a way to bring citizenship to all who came here and punish those employers who hire illegal immigrants, and create a simple-efficent path to citizenship and/or effective work visas.
no amnesty for ilegal aliens
they need to leave tha usa
an apply for visas in there own countrys

Old 07-07-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
should I have sat here and list EVERY industry that relies on them? I would have been here for an hour.

But thanks for proving my point....we need them in every industry.

So give them a visa or punish those who hire them. They wouldn't come here if they couldn't have a job.
tha usa dont need ilegal aliens
mor and mor american ppl
are waking up an want them gone

Old 07-07-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Well considering the fact I just got back from Cali....every menial job was done by Mexican immigrants. and all the people ordering food or w/e seemed no to care. Good for you? But the other 309,999,999 Americans don't think or act like you. Which of course is only your problem.

Last time I checj every single one of us was related to an immigrant. We owe our ancestors their common decency and the respect. We ought to respect why people come here. Not just toss them out, because "the'y aren't like us" That gringoistic attitude does nothing for no one.
wich means nothing
specaly with tha feds cuttin off unemployment
if i was an ilegal alien
i would be leaving tha usa

Old 07-07-2010, 07:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
All this laws allows AZ to do is to properly identify the people who are arrested or cited for committing a crime or violating a state, city or county ordnance, and if the person is identified as an illegal alien, then they call ICE.
Which is exactly why the pro-illegal crowd hates it.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Yes....but I would substitute the word ignorance and hatred. I hate Arizona. This is a papers please, fascist attempt at fixing an issue that is not under their jurisdiction.
ok so you continue to show your ignorance AND hatred. better now? and arizona is not a fascist state, in fact far from it, and you offend me greatly by suggesting that it is.

Quote:
The repuglican solution to this endemic is..."Build a wall...as long and as tall as it takes." That is, quite possibly the stupidest [and my apologies to the mentally disabled citizens] retarded thing ever proposed, right up there with Prince saying the internet is just a fad, an will soon go out of fashion.
the republican solution is to secure the border in any way possible, first. whether it is building a 2000 mile long fence 10ft high, putting armed military troops on the ground, what ever.

Quote:
The solution to immigration is not kick these people out....our economy would tank....FAR more than what we've recently experienced. Prices would increase, larbor would decrease, everyday products would become commodities. But no, I or another liberal propose, we need to punish those who employ them, and you repugs freak out. The ONLY solution you want is a wall, a big fricking wall-worked for the Chinsese, oh wait, the Huns still attacked Beijing.
i agree, the solution is not just to kick out the illegal immigrants, we do need to severely punish businesses that hire illegal immigrants. in fact arizona has a law that does just that, and the federal government is challenging that law also. so much for your liberal administration actually wanting to reform immigration. and it wasnt the huns that attacked china, it was the mongols. try learning a bit of history before you spout off.

Quote:
You can't admit, you don't want to fix the problem in a compassionate way. You cry foul, but offer no actual solution to remedy to problem. Instead you say lets spend billions [which we don't have] to build a wall, imprison millions of people, then at our expense, ship them back over the border. Not then to mention the economic disaster that would cause to the work force. We're probably talking hundreds of billions of dollars to tax payer costs. Do you think Arizona ought to foot the bill? If Arizona wants a wall-then they can build it, at their expense, and hire whites-only to build it
i am all for a compassionate fix to the immigration problem, in fact businesses in this country have tried the compassionate fix by setting up industry in mexico, and, following mexican law, hiring mexican workers and paying them a decent wage, and yet it hasnt stopped the flow of illegal aliens to this country. as for the border fence, that has already been passed by congress, and the money appropriated. arizona doesnt have to pay for the fence, that comes under the purview of the federal government under controlling the borders.

Quote:
Leave it to the fascists...ooops....I mean repuglicans to come up, support, and continue to defend a law so blatantly unconstitutional in its jurisdiction, and so flagrantly racially charged, one might wonder Hitler never died and is spending his waining days in a retirement home in Scottsdale.
there you go again, throwing around the fascist despite the fact that you know better, or should know better. you are showing your ignorance and hatred in spades now. my advice to you is to start coming up with proper cogent arguments, and stop the childishness that is name calling.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:53 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
one more thing, why if the federal government suing arizona over an immigration law that mirrors the federal law, and not suing cities that have sanctuary laws that are opposite the federal laws? especially if the supremacy clause is to be invoked.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:31 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,179,265 times
<<This is simple....the law is unconstitutional, and yes it is clear cut.>>

Law enforcement has always had the right to demand people identify themselves when coming into contact with them. For citizens the most common form of documentation used for ID is a driver's license. Non-citizens are already required, by federal law, to carry documentation proving thye're in the country legally. If an officer determines a person is an llegal alien, they have the right, as they've always had, to turn that person over to ICE. The only real difference in the Arizona law is that it makes it a state law to be in the state illegally, not just a federal law. It's already against federal law to be in Arizona, or any state illegally, so how is the state overstepping it's bounds?

Arizona is not attempting to change a federal law, nor setting immigration policy, so I fail to see on what grounds the federal government is suing the state.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:33 PM

8,630 posts, read 10,157,980 times
Quote:
Yes....but I would substitute the word ignorance and hatred. I hate Arizona. This is a papers please, fascist attempt at fixing an issue that is not under their jurisdiction.

The repuglican solution to this endemic is..."Build a wall...as long and as tall as it takes." That is, quite possibly the stupidest [and my apologies to the mentally disabled citizens] retarded thing ever proposed, right up there with Prince saying the internet is just a fad, an will soon go out of fashion.

The solution to immigration is not kick these people out....our economy would tank....FAR more than what we've recently experienced. Prices would increase, larbor would decrease, everyday products would become commodities. But no, I or another liberal propose, we need to punish those who employ them, and you repugs freak out. The ONLY solution you want is a wall, a big fricking wall-worked for the Chinsese, oh wait, the Huns still attacked Beijing.

You can't admit, you don't want to fix the problem in a compassionate way. You cry foul, but offer no actual solution to remedy to problem. Instead you say lets spend billions [which we don't have] to build a wall, imprison millions of people, then at our expense, ship them back over the border. Not then to mention the economic disaster that would cause to the work force. We're probably talking hundreds of billions of dollars to tax payer costs. Do you think Arizona ought to foot the bill? If Arizona wants a wall-then they can build it, at their expense, and hire whites-only to build it.

Leave it to the fascists...ooops....I mean repuglicans to come up, support, and continue to defend a law so blatantly unconstitutional in its jurisdiction, and so flagrantly racially charged, one might wonder Hitler never died and is spending his waining days in a retirement home in Scottsdale.
Alright. I'm tired of people talking trash about AZ and stating a bunch of BS about things they are clueless about.

What do you even know about Arizona? Have you lived here? Have you visited here? Do you just read and create ignorant posts and racial comments online about Arizona?

I strongly suggest you not make yourself look like a fool by spouting out things you seem to not know anything about. Why not come out of hiding behind your computer and come experience some of what Arizonans experience such as: drug smuggling (on the news almost every day here), murder associated with drug smuggling, automobile thefts (I've had one stolen - it ended up south of the border), kidnappings (on the news almost every day here), hit and runs (no valid license, insurance), human smuggling, rape, robberies, etc. All of this happens here and is prevalent because of our unsecure borders and STILL, Arizona does not resemble anything like what you are describing in your hateful posts. We don't see cops running around checking the status of people, we still see a proud community of Latino citizens who ARE happy they live here and get along with what you like to call us "whites". Here's another tidbit for you to swallow...Had McCain (who serves AZ) not ran for President in the last election, AZ most likely would have turned a blue state. AZ is not a backwards state like you wish to portray it to be. It's also not just filled with retirees. Phoenix is one of the youngest cities in the country.

The impetus for AZ enacting this bill was because the federal government failed to follow through with its own law (which the AZ one mirrors), they haven't responded to requests (even when Napolitano herself was governor) to bring more security to our border, they haven't paid the bills that AZ has sent them for educating, incarcerating, etc. the illegal immigrants in our state, which SHOULD be the federal govt's responsibility since it is THEIR law.

I understand that you wish AZ would build it's own border, but have you really taken into consideration that it might just be a good idea to secure that border to perhaps ensure we do not have terrorists coming and going through it freely? That most certainly would affect even someone like you who lives in MA I would think, but maybe that's just not important to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration