Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 07:20 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,752,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Bogus poll from a racist website. Do you have a direct link to Zogby? I think not, because it doesn't exist. Some interesting statements from the website you provided. Gee , I wonder why the anti immigration crowd is labeled racist. Can't say I'm surprised.
Quote:
The drive for action (Amnesty) this year could be complicated by the results of a new poll of Mexican attitudes obtained by The Washington Times, which found that a majority of Mexicans say that if the U.S. pardons illegal immigrants, it will encourage more of them to cross the border illegally and that most Mexicans think their countrymen living in the U.S. should still owe their loyalty to Mexico. The poll, conducted by Zogby International, found 56 percent of Mexicans surveyed said their friends and family would be more likely to cross the border illegally if the U.S. government passes a bill to legalize those already here.
Zogby International (http://www.zogby.com/soundbites/ReadClips.cfm?ID=19093 - broken link)

Gee, isn't it amazing what one can find when one does just the tiniest bit of research.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 07:26 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Bogus poll from a racist website. Do you have a direct link to Zogby? I think not, because it doesn't exist. Some interesting statements from the website you provided. Gee , I wonder why the anti immigration crowd is labeled racist. Can't say I'm surprised.

- Majority of Whites bothered by changing demographics
- Overall, blacks are 9 times more likely to commit murder than white
- Expelling illegals would benefit Blacks
- Ron Paul slams Lindsay Graham over anti White comment
- We also oppose all efforts to mix the races of mankind, to promote non-white races over the European-American people through so-called “affirmative action” and similar measures,
There is no anti-"immigration" crowd so you lose your own credibility right there. I doubt that a website would quote a Zogby poll and lie about it since it can easily be checked.

As for the changing demographics why shouldn't whites and any other ethnic groups in this country be bothered by the changing demographics due to ILLEGAL IMMMIGRATION?

I don't know about the murder stats of whites vs blacks but why do you automatically conclude they are incorrect? Have you bothered to find out?

Any deragatory remarks about any race should be slammed.

I have nothing against the races mixing perhaps it is just the opinion of the website that posted the Zogby poll results. That doesn't nullify the results of the reputable pollster, Zogby.

Illegal aliens are affecting the job prospects of many blacks and that is a fact, Jack.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:28 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Zogby International (http://www.zogby.com/soundbites/ReadClips.cfm?ID=19093 - broken link)

Gee, isn't it amazing what one can find when one does just the tiniest bit of research.....
Thanks for posting it, Kele.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:58 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,844,587 times
In other words, not only would an amnesty not HALT the illegal invasion but actually actively encourage them........... wtg

Old 07-08-2010, 06:02 PM

76 posts, read 84,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
scary stuff, just shows that an amnesty will NOT do anything to halt illegal immigration.
are you kidding me? are you dreaming? are you even on earth? AMNESTY is only encouraging more ILLEGAL. Whoever think it will stop illegal immigration is too naive or ignorance.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:45 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,844,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph0ngvu View Post
are you kidding me? are you dreaming? are you even on earth? AMNESTY is only encouraging more ILLEGAL. Whoever think it will stop illegal immigration is too naive or ignorance.
Yes, any sane person KNOWS that, but it's not the way pro illegals spin it, is it?

Give them another amnesty and it will the 1986 scenario all over again, more and more hordes streaming across the border waiting for the NEXT one..........

OUR government needs to start making it clear there will be NO MORE amnesties - period.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:35 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

Tuco...where did you go?

Old 07-09-2010, 10:41 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,307,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
scary stuff, just shows that an amnesty will NOT do anything to halt illegal immigration.
According to the report, neither would a recesion and bad economy haly illegal immigration. So, they will basically still come here even when they know jobs are unlikely to be found, which results in the increase in assistance towards impoverished illegal immigrants and them just hanging around looking for work. That's just what the US needs: more people without jobs.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:01 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,752,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Tuco...where did you go?
Off to another thread to spread the "scary racist white people" joy.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:09 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,083,605 times
Whether there is or isn't a Zogby poll. Whether the numbers are true or not. The fact is that there are 111 million people in Mexico. Over 10% [12 million or more] of them are illegally in the U.S. If they are given amnesty, every one of them can/will bring their family members. If each one brings five, there's your over 50% of Mexicans moving to the U.S. [legally]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration