Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 04:18 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,977 times

Advertisements

i didn't assume anything. he or she responded to MY POST which had nothing to do with illegal immigrants in a way that suggested that he or she had an agenda against mexicans and/or illegal immigrants coming from mexico.

that is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 04:25 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
i didn't assume anything. he or she responded to MY POST which had nothing to do with illegal immigrants in a way that suggested that he or she had an agenda against mexicans and/or illegal immigrants coming from mexico.

that is all.
and if it has NOTHING to do with illegal immigration, why would you then post it in a forum dealing with exactly that issue?

That is all

Old 08-18-2010, 04:25 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:

that is all.
No need to get testy. I thought you understood the smiley face. Apparently not. In any case, I have no issue with Mexicans. Otherwise, I would not have vacationed for years in Cancun. Nor would I have purchased a timeshare, or maintained friendships with Mexicans living there. You are barking up the wrong tree.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:26 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Quote:

that is all.
Well, I think a majority of citizens of the US do in fact have an agenda against illegal immigrants, from Mexico or wherever. The article said 80% to 85% from Mexico are illegal. That is certainly cause for concern, don't you think?

I have been to northern Mexico and southern Mexico. Why break laws to feed your family...move to the south in Mexico and you won't have to live in the shadows. And you won't be using benefits that should be used by the poor citizens of the US.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:30 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Well, I think a majority of citizens of the US do in fact have an agenda against illegal immigrants, from Mexico or wherever. The article said 80% to 85% from Mexico are illegal. That is certainly cause for concern, don't you think?

I have been to northern Mexico and southern Mexico. Why break laws to feed your family...move to the south in Mexico and you won't have to live in the shadows. And you won't be using benefits that should be used by the poor citizens of the US.
Spot on! Can't rep, gotta spread the love.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:31 PM
eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
and if it has NOTHING to do with illegal immigration, why would you then post it in a forum dealing with exactly that issue?

That is all
because i'm a nyer. the OP was dealing with an issue that WE HAVE ALWAYS FACED in nyc. when has immigration not changed the face of nyc?

reread the first few words of my initial post:

Quote:
as a nyer...
Quote:
as a nyer...
Quote:
as a nyer...
meaning that i was commenting on this topic as a nyer. this topic is about an issue dealing with ny. i was speaking from that aspect of it, not illegal immigration. i feel like legal immigration is more of a problem dealing with good jobs, wages, etc. than illegal immigration in this city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No need to get testy. I thought you understood the smiley face. Apparently not. In any case, I have no issue with Mexicans. Otherwise, I would not have vacationed for years in Cancun. Nor would I have purchased a timeshare, or maintained friendships with Mexicans living there. You are barking up the wrong tree.
i get what you're saying but cancun is nowhere near what daily mexican life is like for millions of mexicans living in mexico.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:31 PM

Thanks...We love Cancun too...and Playa del Carmen and Tulum. Beautiful, and wonderful happy people!

Old 08-18-2010, 04:33 PM

But eek...why can't the immigrants go there instead of NY?

Old 08-18-2010, 04:34 PM
eek

thats not a serious question.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:37 PM

Why not? If they can get to NY they could go south in their own country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration