Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 11:07 PM

406 posts, read 495,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
A federal judge recently struck down this provision in the Arizona law. LE agents in Arizona can no longer ask for proof of citizenship during routine traffic stops. Google it.
I think azriver is referencing the original law that was passed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 11:09 PM

767 posts, read 489,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambini View Post
I think azriver is referencing the original law that was passed.
The original law is dead and buried. Ruled unconstitutional by a federal judge.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:13 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Finally someone who knows what the hell they are talking about! Thank you. The OP is really reaching trying to compare some California idiot driver to SB 1070. At least here in the west valley I haven't seen the nazis at work. The police do a good job here and they should be applauded for their work not called racists and nazis.
i am going to go you one better, law enforcement officers around the country generally do an excellent job. there are a few bad apples in the bunch, and they are usually weeded out on a regular basis. and i whole heartedly agree that LEO's should be applauded for the work they do. in fact the few times i have been stopped by LEO's over the years, i always thanked them for doing their job, even when they gave me a ticket. i have only run across one cop that was a real jacka$$ in 35 years of driving around the country.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:16 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post

So...does he have one?
No, I'm harboring an illegal alien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post

I call BS on the OP's post. Not a chance that happened in LA but it's good for the lefties to feign outrage and continue their histrionics here.
Seriously? Are you seriously calling me a liar? Stunning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post

good point, hardly makes the case for such feigned outrage by the o.p.
Yeah, right. Tell me that if your spouse came home and told you they'd been rear-ended and then asked to prove their citizenship by the b!tC# who did this to your car you wouldn't be pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post

If that story actually happened, I'm on the other lady's side. I think YOU'RE the one overreacting and personally I think more drivers should be suspicious of other drivers being illegal... especially in California.

Sorry, but I really have no sympathy for you.
LMAO! Just like one of you guys to side with the jackwad who hit my car and could have seriously injured my husband, and then had the temerity to actually add insult to injury. Freaking rightwingers.

And for all those spewing how this has nothing to do with the recent brew-ha-ha in Arizona, how come no one has ever thought to ask my husband for his Green Card in the 8 1/2 years before Obergefreiter Brewer stirred up the "Papers Please" outrage? Funny that.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:

Finally someone who knows what the hell they are talking about! Thank you. The OP is really reaching trying to compare some California idiot driver to SB 1070. At least here in the west valley I haven't seen the nazis at work. The police do a good job here and they should be applauded for their work not called racists and nazis.
Who the hell called the police racists or Natzis?

How can you have missed that this was a civilian who rear-ended my husband, then had the unmitigated gall to ask him to prove his citizenship to her?

Old 09-08-2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

How can you have missed that this was a civilian who rear-ended my husband, then had the unmitigated gall to ask him to prove his citizenship to her?
So its just Jan Brewer? That lady who asked for his green card is an idiot, it has nothing to do with SB 1070. You referenced nazis with the show me your papers routine, who would you be speaking of then? Is Brewer out there checking ID's?

Old 09-08-2010, 11:34 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,532,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

What do Jan Brewer and "Sieg Heil" have to do with any of this?

Old 09-08-2010, 11:39 PM

767 posts, read 489,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
What do Jan Brewer and "Sieg Heil" have to do with any of this?
I understood the OP to mean that Jan Brewer's vision of America supports this type of behavior.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:43 PM

Quote:

I understood the OP to mean that Jan Brewer's vision of America supports this type of behavior.
That's because you're smart.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
I don't think that is the way AZ is run but there is an election coming up so if somebody doesn't like her they can vote against her. If they don't live in AZ its tough cookies I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration