Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 09:23 AM

239 posts, read 895,175 times

Advertisements

99% of the workers in my hometowns fast food restaurants are hispanic. They may be illegal or legal. I don't know. But I have to assume that most of them are undocumented because most do not speak any english and are dark skinned indian types.

Do you think there is any statistics on the percentage of people from an Hispanic background that are ethnically Indian and are very dark skinned and do not speak english and work in low skilled work in relation to legal status?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 09:27 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
When we had a business, there were very strict procedures we had to go through in the hiring process. I highly doubt that a business such as McDonalds would chance hiring illegals, so I would assume the workers are legal.
I think of illegals as being migrant workers etc, where the workers move around, and employer's chance of getting caught is low.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:31 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outcast View Post
99% of the workers in my hometowns fast food restaurants are hispanic. They may be illegal or legal. I don't know. But I have to assume that most of them are undocumented because most do not speak any english and are dark skinned indian types.

Do you think there is any statistics on the percentage of people from an Hispanic background that are ethnically Indian and are very dark skinned and do not speak english and work in low skilled work in relation to legal status?
I assume most are here illegally as well. The biggest indicator may be the lack of English skills. Just like the Chinese workers at your local Chinese restaurant are most likely here illegally as well as they can't seem to speak English beyond more coke, thank you, and drink?

Old 08-25-2010, 09:39 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outcast View Post

In the words of the immortal Mr. Spock, "I have never computed them, Captain."

If you are an enterprising graduate student, I think you have found your thesis subject.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:41 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,047,317 times

YouTube - MAD tv - Bon Qui Qui at King Burger

Old 08-25-2010, 09:49 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
When we had a business, there were very strict procedures we had to go through in the hiring process. I highly doubt that a business such as McDonalds would chance hiring illegals, so I would assume the workers are legal.
I think of illegals as being migrant workers etc, where the workers move around, and employer's chance of getting caught is low.
Straight from an illegal aliens (Mina) mouth: Her and most others at the McDonalds where she works, are illegal from mexico and Guatemala.

I no longer frequent that establishment.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:49 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,636 times
If you visit Gainesville Fl you will be pleasantly surprised not to see illegals doing the so called jobs Americans are too lazy to do. We might be one of the last medium sized cities that does not have a sizable illegal immigrant work force.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:58 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
If you visit Gainesville Fl you will be pleasantly surprised not to see illegals doing the so called jobs Americans are too lazy to do. We might be one of the last medium sized cities that does not have a sizable illegal immigrant work force.
Go Gators!

If someone can't speak English,
I assume they are illegal.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:19 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,286 times
I tend to be more concerned with the quality of the food than I am with the person serving the food.

When the degree of laxity within the Dept. of Agriculture and the FDA exceeds the level of negligence within the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization service,
so as to shift my concerns about illegal immigrant workers, to issues like getting an Egg Mc Salmonella for breakfast, I could really care less about the server.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:02 AM

3,727 posts, read 7,034,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Think again. I know two young women who worked at McDs and yes, they hire a lot of Mexican illegals around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration