Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 09:59 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times

Advertisements

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/25/st...2834.html?_r=1

Hey, we get fee and tax increases all the time to cover services why can't immigrants in general?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 12:36 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,843,722 times
Trust me - the fees required of LEGAL immigrants are constantly being increased........

I agree with this person
Quote:
George Tah, 34, a native of Cameroon who moved to Edinburgh three years ago, said it was unfair to require foreigners who follow the rules to shoulder the cost of stopping illegal arrivals.
Wouldn't you PREFER to make it less onerous for those who FOLLOW THE RULES to be able to become citizens than the current system which seems to favour those here illegally?

What's the bet that ANY Obama back door "path to citizenship" for illegals will also include VERY GENEROUS fee cuts....while legal immigrants still cop fee hikes.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:11 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Trust me - the fees required of LEGAL immigrants are constantly being increased........

I agree with this person

Wouldn't you PREFER to make it less onerous for those who FOLLOW THE RULES to be able to become citizens than the current system which seems to favour those here illegally?

What's the bet that ANY Obama back door "path to citizenship" for illegals will also include VERY GENEROUS fee cuts....while legal immigrants still cop fee hikes.
Agree 100%. If anything, illegal aliens should be required to pay the fees for legal immigrants, not the reverse.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Agree 100%. If anything, illegal aliens should be required to pay the fees for legal immigrants, not the reverse.
That sounds great on paper but we can't even count them because it would be profiling.

This is my take on it though. I pay my taxes yet I am constantly being tapped for more even though I pay what I consider my fair share. These taxes go to cover the pay , services and retirements of these other Citizens.
Most immigrant groups seem to lump everyone together so maybe if there was some pending legislation there might start to be a divide of these groups?

Old 09-13-2010, 02:31 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That sounds great on paper but we can't even count them because it would be profiling.

This is my take on it though. I pay my taxes yet I am constantly being tapped for more even though I pay what I consider my fair share. These taxes go to cover the pay , services and retirements of these other Citizens.
Most immigrant groups seem to lump everyone together so maybe if there was some pending legislation there might start to be a divide of these groups?
I have an idea. La Raza, MALDEF, the ACLU, Chamber of Commerce, SEIU, and all other illegal alien advocates should be required to pay the fees. I’m sure they won’t mind since they consider both legal and illegal to be “immigrants.”

Old 09-13-2010, 02:40 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,872,295 times
Great Idea,but this only works with HONEST Immigrants. Illegal Aliens will lie ,cheat and steal to come here so it won't work against them. Thay believe they are SPECIAL and all laws don't apply to them.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:54 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,998 times
As much as I hate to say it I wish we could stop all immigration until we can get a handle on who is actually here. It wouldn't be fair to those that are waiting patiently in line, but it sure seems like it would be better for the country.

Old 09-14-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I have an idea. La Raza, MALDEF, the ACLU, Chamber of Commerce, SEIU, and all other illegal alien advocates should be required to pay the fees. I’m sure they won’t mind since they consider both legal and illegal to be “immigrants.”
That's a great idea. Add in anyone that donates to those orgs.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:10 AM

474 posts, read 601,704 times
I admire the actions other countries have taken to curb illegal immigration. Why is America held to a different standard? Don't give me the altruistic mush, even George Washington and Alexander Hamilton warned about future "instant citizenship."It took two Presidents and $500,000 to get three Americans out of their prison cells in foreign countries after they, reportedly, crossed a "border" illegally?
Those two Presidents received all kinds of notriety for their so called noble act. Here in the USA, we give illegal border crossers, welfare, healthcare, housing, food stamps, cash assistance, education (now they want college for their kids) free of course, their unreported under the table cash will make them eligible for free tuition and on it goes.
Why would America be "different" if it deported every last one of the illegals for crossing our borders....not accidently....but to get the full menu of benefits while they work for low wages that make them eligible for tax credits et cetera. In my community dozens of four and five year olds showed up for kindergarten on the first school day catching the school dept by surprise. The taxpayers were surprised too...at 10,000 per student cost, which of course includes interpreters, English language learners, free school lunches, free health care and get this, if their older siblings want to play sports and have no "equipment"...the school dept has to supply whatever they need. In my state, approximately 50% of school costs are derived from local property taxes.
Our entire Main Street has been turned into a tour through several So.and Central American countries. Our hospital is laying off personnel as their budget is burgeoning with the costs of taking care of these illegals...who are flooding the emergency rooms and doctor"s offices.
Now, they are bringing in their aging parents. One nurse told me how she was required to tell the aged illegal about all the benefits available to her....after the patient said she was "homeless." through an interpreter of course. Four So.American pregnant women arrived at the hospital ready to deliver, demanded interpreters for their full stay....interpreter made six thousand dollars that week.
The solution is simple. Cut all benefits for non-citizens...they will go home or at the very least stay in their home countries.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:57 PM

233 posts, read 440,037 times
I firmly believe there should be NO benefits given to anyone who is not here legally, and that includes their anchor babies. They should recieve no WIC, Section 8, SSI or anything else. If they show up in the late stages of labor they should be turned away from the hospital regardless, women for centuries have had their babies at home and in all likelyhood if they hadn't jumped the border that is exactly where they would be delivering if they were in their home country instead of here illegally. Am I harsh, yes, but I am also sick and tired of seeing what is going on in this country with these lawbreakers. They are handed everything while our own people who have contributed for years are now out of work and getting no more benefits and are being turned away from any help because there just isn't enough to go around anymore. Those that support the illegals are complete traitors to this nation and its people in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration