Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 09:08 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,647,028 times

Advertisements

Insane traveler, those jobs are taken by illegals because they will work for less money. Thats it in a nutshell. But, is it a lot less money ? I wonder. Here in Central Fl, one of their front people has already said that once they get amnesty, they will start going after higher wages, so.....we will be right back where we started from but, we have acquired 30 million more people. And, the 30m number, they say, is a more accurate figure of the number of illegals in this country....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 08:04 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,785,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Will anchor babies take all of Americans Jobs?

Over the years I have noticed a greater & greater increased for Bilingual jobs, schooling etc. All catered to Foreigners & anchor babies. The majority of Americans speak English. Many jobs are advertised to anchor babies and few people who are bilingual.

Most Americans don't have the option from Elementary school to take Spanish or another language as a course every school year to become bilingual. Most if any has to be paid for. Usually its 1 or 2 classes we are allowed to take.

As the trend of illegal immigration continues & more non English speaking people enter this country Illegally will anchor babies take all the jobs?
Of course - and look at the Dream Act where the children smuggled in - $5000 to $10000 a piece to smuggle them in - demand a quick easy citizenship and free college educations.

The children of illegals think they're too good to do the hard work for low wages, even the children who are here illegally think they must be given high paying jobs.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:08 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,785,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
I do not think this is true. There is no English requirement for getting a Green Card. And the English requirement for Citizenship can be waived for older people who has been a resident for a long time ( 50/20, 50/15 rules). Even when you do have the English requirement, the test is extremely simple.
The test is extremely simple, especially the English language exam. It's very easy for the immigrant to memorize the few phrases in English just like a parrot could which is all the "proof" needed. That's why we're seeing so many signs in Spanish and even the telemarketers start out in Spanish now. The immigrants are not learning English, they have no intention of learning it.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:16 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,335,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Of course - and look at the Dream Act where the children smuggled in - $5000 to $10000 a piece to smuggle them in - demand a quick easy citizenship and free college educations.

The children of illegals think they're too good to do the hard work for low wages, even the children who are here illegally think they must be given high paying jobs.
I really don't care if these illegal alien kids are looking to take low or high paying jobs here. They don't belong here and Americans don't need the competiton from foreign nationals for the scarce jobs that there are.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:24 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,109,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Insane traveler, those jobs are taken by illegals because they will work for less money. Thats it in a nutshell. But, is it a lot less money ? I wonder. Here in Central Fl, one of their front people has already said that once they get amnesty, they will start going after higher wages, so.....we will be right back where we started from but, we have acquired 30 million more people. And, the 30m number, they say, is a more accurate figure of the number of illegals in this country....
And those amnestied will need billions of dollars worth of affordable housing which America has a critical shortage of. Where will that money come from.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:13 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,841,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The problems are all three that you listed. When illegal alien parents give birth on our soil, they more than likely only know the language of their homeland and that is all they are able to teach their anchors. This creates a problem when they enter school.

Illegal immigration is the number one reason that jobs are requiring a potential hire to be bi-lingual Spanish/English these days.

Hispanic Americans for the most part know how to speak English so there would be no reason for an employee to have to deal with them in Spanish.

No Child, no mater of immigration status, is proficient in any language. If they would be there would be no reason to send them to school.

Most every child, regardles of immigration stauts, has the capacity to quickly learn a new language other than language taught by parent.

Bilingual Education has no baring on the hirring pratices of American employers.

One can be against Bilingual Education in schools and still be required to be proficient in a language other than English by an employer. Bilingual Education could even cease to be taught in American schools and that would have no effect on whether Employers would seek bilingual emlpoyees.

Each issue is independent of the other.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:06 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,335,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
No Child, no mater of immigration status, is proficient in any language. If they would be there would be no reason to send them to school.

Most every child, regardles of immigration stauts, has the capacity to quickly learn a new language other than language taught by parent.

Bilingual Education has no baring on the hirring pratices of American employers.

One can be against Bilingual Education in schools and still be required to be proficient in a language other than English by an employer. Bilingual Education could even cease to be taught in American schools and that would have no effect on whether Employers would seek bilingual emlpoyees.

Each issue is independent of the other.
It isn't about profiency but being able to communicate and learn in the English language. If a student enters school with no knowledge at all of the English language, they become a burden and an added expense to our schools. English language children aren't entering our schools to learn our nation's language they know it already. They are there to learn history, math, etc. although better English skills are taught also.

Did I say that bi-lingual education and the hiring practices of employers are related? No, I didn't. All I am saying is that the reason you see so many employment ads where the requirement is to be able to speak Spanish is because of the millions of illegal alien Spanish speakers in our country. Why should a native born English speaker be denied a job to accomodate illegal invaders?

Old 10-14-2011, 08:20 AM

4 posts, read 3,688 times
[mod]personal[/mod] It's not a negative thing if people in this country are multi-lingual. There are countries in Europe and Africa where people know 5-7 languages. Most Americans can't even speak proper English, and you expect immigrants to learn it?

Its not the "Anchor Babies" you have to worry about. Worry about young Hispanic Professionals, as myself, taking your jobs. I'm the son of a LEGAL immigrant from Mexico and a WHITE mother from the good ol' US of A. To get you going, I'm multi-lingual, and was hired to replace 3 uneducated idiots!

Last edited by Yac; 10-17-2011 at 04:55 AM..

Old 10-14-2011, 09:01 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,680,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weenr View Post
Moderator cut: personalIt's not a negative thing if people in this country are multi-lingual. There are countries in Europe and Africa where people know 5-7 languages. Most Americans can't even speak proper English, and you expect immigrants to learn it?

Its not the "Anchor Babies" you have to worry about. Worry about young Hispanic Professionals, as myself, taking your jobs. I'm the son of a LEGAL immigrant from Mexico and a WHITE mother from the good ol' US of A. To get you going, I'm multi-lingual, and was hired to replace 3 uneducated idiots!
Why does everyone always compare continents instead of Countries?

We are a leader not a follower.

If you are legal as well as your parents its not you we are talking about.

Its anchors who parents should not be here.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:03 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,961,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weenr View Post
Moderator cut: personalIt's not a negative thing if people in this country are multi-lingual. There are countries in Europe and Africa where people know 5-7 languages. Most Americans can't even speak proper English, and you expect immigrants to learn it?

Can see you love America!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration