Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 09:05 AM

166 posts, read 246,775 times

Advertisements

While I agree that we shouldn't punish those without fault, I strongly disagree that we, as a nation, should reward them for an action that they claim was none of their doing.Sending someone home to their native country is NOT a punishment. No fines, no prison time.....where's the punishment? We've already provided a free education through high school, Instead of being thankful, dream act hopefuls demand that we further accomodate them by paving their way to citizenship. This was the very reason that their parents broke our laws to begin with, to reward their children at the expense of the U.S..
If we are going to reward the offspring of criminals, how about we start with the citizen children of our rapists, murderers, drug dealers, kidnappers, etc.? Their children are also victims of their parent's actions. Where's THEIR reward? And let's make it retroactive, say 14 years? We don't reward children simply because their parents are criminals. Furthermore,most of these 'children' have reached the age of 18, they're no longer children. They were brought here as children with no say in the matter, but they stay even with the knowledge that they are illegal. That makes them responsible for their own actions.
To find the persons responsible, the dream act hopefuls should look to their own parents. They are the ones who messed up those kids' lives. They did it deliberately and with the intention of securing benefits they knew they were not entitled to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 09:47 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Blacknight, give it a rest. Try discussing the topic for a change, which, by the way, is NOT me, or any of the anti-ILLEGAL immigration posters on this forum.

As you know, the DREAM Act amnesty bill is currently on the Congressional schedule. As a concerned citizen and registered voter, I am exercising my right to oppose this ill-conceived attempt at backdoor amnesty. All citizens have the same right to contact their representatives, because they ostensibly work for us. Despite the delusional beliefs held by DREAMies, they are NOT citizens, nor are they legally present, and I emphasize their illegal/non-voting status to all members of Congress.
Benicar, don't have to explain, most will like i do agree with you. Those who choose to live in a glass house, cannot see the truth anyways. You do not live in this Country period, if you choose not to see that we have a problem with illegals invading this Country, get out of the glass house! And into reality.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:40 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Most of the regular anti-immigrant posters like yourself don't live in the real world though. You spend all your time and lives behind a computer posting and venting on forums. Go out, get some fresh air and enjoy life.
Why is someone anti-immigrant if they are against illegals? I have yet to read a post by benicar that is anti-immigrant. I am married to a legal immigrant who just received her citizenship. My wife did it legally begining to end. As did 72 other people in her oath ceremony. 3 of which groups were conducted on that day alone, in Philadelphia. Now this would indicate to me that not only is the legal path not impossible but that many many immigrants are doing it. This would also indicate to me that the excuses used by illegals are less than valid. In fact their excuses are pretty much the same used by most criminals.
So no being anti-illegal is not being anti-immigrant.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:00 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,404,265 times
Illegal is just that ILLEGAL. What part of it doesn't some folks get? Instead of rewarding these ILLEGAL ALIENS ~~ they need to fund the Border Patrol Officers with MORE officers, MORE drones in the air, MORE night vision equipment, MORE atv's, a bigger and more sturdy wall, MORE cameras & motion detectors.

If "ILLEGALS" want in this country ~~ let them go through the LEGAL channels to be come a citizen..

If this DREAM passes, we seriously better look for different representation come the next election!!!

Old 12-03-2010, 11:08 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
.........If this DREAM passes, we seriously better look for different representation come the next election!!!
Ah, now you've hit the nail on the head. When Amnesty is granted it will not be possible to elect any but Progressives as they will have sacrificed the sovereignty of our nation in exchange for votes from those special populations granted amnesty.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:37 PM

8,534 posts, read 7,404,265 times
^^^^ Exactly!!!

Old 12-03-2010, 12:53 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,522,451 times
If the current administration makes the "MISGUIDED"
decision to push this Amnesty through and insult the
intelligence of the American Citizens it will surely prove
we have become a lawless nation and the people in certain
positions MUST be held accountable !

America will soon look like the Mexico of the PRI*

* Mexico - Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI)

Old 12-08-2010, 10:45 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
It may be a dream to illegals; but it is a nightmare to those who want our country back. It is time for the Democratic party to start trying to help the legal citizens of this country and stop trying to buy the votes of illegals by giving them amnesty. Amnesty is something that should NEVER have happened.

I would like to see a police state long enough to rid our country of all those who do not belong here legally. Illegal parents should not get special favors because they broke the law in the first place. Secure the border! Period.

I would expect a passage of this law to bring total revolution to this country. Enough is enough and we have had more than enough of laws being broken. Get rid of these people while we still have a country to protect. I know you are mad at losing your jobs, but you deserved to lose your jobs because you were not doing your jobs. Put a stop to this stupid bill.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:55 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
O. K. I have a question. Who sponsored this bill and who is talking about voting for it. Take their names and keep it until we vote the next time. We did pretty good at the last election. Now that you see the power of the people, let's keep with it until we get our nation back. I am tired of these traitor politicans. Time to impeach a few.

People who are in the house and senate should not be our country's enemy, but I am disgusted that anyone wants a bill like this. This is adding insult to our already injured nation. Stop the insanity!

Last edited by NCN; 12-08-2010 at 11:05 PM..

Old 12-09-2010, 04:24 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
No one looks at the "big" picture of this...how many of those undocumented children, have disabilities? If one is blind, or deaf, or whatever..that undocumented child, is now going to be able to DREAM into SSI...and other services....Medicaid, Food Stamps...These services are already over burdened. I like how the proponents of this act show all of the undocumented children as ready to go into the military...nope...don't buy the hoopla.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration