Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 02:36 AM

346 posts, read 709,321 times

Advertisements

Illegal immigration is not a crime! Neither is trespassing!
Give these people food stamps, citizenship, and a voting booth immediately.

-The Left
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 03:00 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomonte View Post
I find in very strange that you want to point to one rancher who abused a couple of illegals on his property, but you do not want enough enforcement on the border to stop all the abuse, rapes, thefts, and murders of illegal invaders by coyotes and drug cartel members.
Would you kindly point out where I mentioned I did not want enough enforcement on the border? Thank you!

Old 02-06-2011, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
EXACTLY!!!

You are either on the criminals side OR on our side!

There is no middle of the road.
Really? Why must I be forced to think your way? I am not entitled to my own opinion? See, this is where many of you are wrong. THIS is precisely the reason why I LOVE my country. We, Americans, can exercise the freedom of speech.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Barnett was not a "vigilante", the illegals were trespassing on HIS own property. Please do NOT try to equate a landowner defending his property from CRIMINALS with the likes of Shawna Forde.
Really? Not a vigilante?

Quote:
Barnett is credited with helping to start the Minuteman movement in Arizona in the late 1990s when he began patrolling ranch lands near Douglas, looking to stop illegal immigrants.
Sounds like he is one...

Court upholds ruling vs. 'vigilante' rancher

Old 02-06-2011, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Now they're "peaceful migrants"? Excuse me while I fetch the barf bag................

Interesting snippet left out of the article posted in the OP from another source...

It seems of the 24 illegals detained by Barnett, 16 filed charges, but the "civil rights violation" suits of 12 were disallowed and eventually it was only the 4 women who were succesful filing suit.

What a nice little "jackpot" for them. Whatever happened to the law that criminals shouldn't profit from their crimes anyway, or does that only apply to legal US citizens and residents?

Slain U.S. judge's ruling upheld in immigrant case
They should have never been given legal residence. They were not in any danger. I can see why they gave them visas. They needed to remain here and be present for the court hearings.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:11 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Sorry, but I can't feel sorry for the criminal trespassers.

They have NO Constitutional rights!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry buddy, not every protection is a constitutional right. We, as Americans, just cant go around committing crimes against foriegners, just because they "dont have" constitutional rights.

As far as I know, our laws of comportment, don't quailify immigration status for implementation.

case in point, if illegal aliens are expected to obey the laws of America, then they can also benefit from those very laws. Laws are not simply punitive.

...And if you[or any other] states that illegal aliens are "law breakers", lets be reminded that even criminals[accused or convicted] are afforded protections.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
I would have just shot them for trespassing and got the backhoe.

Less hassles as we now know.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I would have just shot them for trespassing and got the backhoe.

Less hassles as we now know.
You're in Texas...dont know if your from here...but you should know it is not legal to shoot anyone for trespassing onto one's property.

...not only would you have gotten the "backhoe" you would have also gotten the "needle".

Old 02-06-2011, 06:58 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Really? Not a vigilante?

Sounds like he is one...

Court upholds ruling vs. 'vigilante' rancher
Patrolling private property whether it be your own or by permission to patrol another person's property is not vigilantism. Latino Fox News even lied and tried to claim that he detained these illegals on public land when all other unbiased new's sources claimed it was on his own property.

Vigilantism is a word tossed around by the pro-illegal advocates because the idiot Bush tried to claim that the Minutemen were vigilantes also. A vilgilante takes the law into their own hands by executing their own justice against someone. The Minutemen never did that. They only spotted illegals with binoculars and reported them to the Border Patrol. In some cases they found a group of them together and merely held them for the Border Patrol to pick up.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Patrolling private property whether it be your own or by permission to patrol another person's property is not vigilantism. Latino Fox News even lied and tried to claim that he detained these illegals on public land when all other unbiased new's sources claimed it was on his own property.

Vigilantism is a word tossed around by the pro-illegal advocates because the idiot Bush tried to claim that the Minutemen were vigilantes also. A vilgilante takes the law into their own hands by executing their own justice against someone. The Minutemen never did that. They only spotted illegals with binoculars and reported them to the Border Patrol. In some cases they found a group of them together and merely held them for the Border Patrol to pick up.
You're exactly right..."patrolling" your or your neighbors property is not vigilantism. This Rancher was convicted of illegally detaining and harrassing.

Illegal is illegal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration