Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 07:31 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
What impact have illegal immigrants had on me?

Since most of the agriculture produced in the U.S. is done by illegal immigrants, I would say that without their hard labor and their food, I would have to pay more to bring in fruits and vegetables from another country that are not as fresh.

Last year, illegal immigrants contributes 11.2 Billion in taxes, I'm sure I benefited from that as well.

I'm an educated citizen therefore, I have never felt the threat of losing my job over them.

When I was a teen and my father was out of the country, I took his car without permission and hit the car of an illegal immigrant. The cop fined him $1,000 and let me go. The only way I knew he was illegal in the country was because he told the cop. I think he was more impacted than I was.

Illegal immigrants are big contributors to my community. Without them the economy would go down.
There are unlimited H-2A visas for legal immigrant crop pickers so you'd still have those fruits and veggies on your table if the farmers used them. No need to have illegal aliens pick them other than greed on the part of the farmers.

Whatever taxes illegals pay does not cover their social costs. Therefore their costs outweigh any so-called tax benefits.

You may be an educated citizen and those kind of jobs illegals are unable to take. However, it is our blue collar workforce that is suffering the loss of their jobs and lowering of their wages. Do you not care about them as long as it doesn't affect you?

What does your car incident have to do with any of this?

Our economy would go down the tubes without illegal aliens? Really, whatever did we do before millions of them were here? We are in worse shape today than we were 30-40 years ago.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:02 AM

254 posts, read 590,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Hispanic illegal aliens make me look bad cause Im am Latino. And a US citizen. I dont like any illegal.
Well is not only the illegals that you should blame but people like this one, who think that Hispanics are pushing to transform every city into a ghetto

|
v

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckzona View Post
Had on me personally? Well they are destroying my home city of Chicago (well not necessarily illegals but as i have noticed and many others the hispanics are pushing the white people out and turning whole cities into rotting ghettos), they are destroying my country, taking up jobs, were spending money on them, its just time to kick them the hell out.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:33 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
There have been ways large and small, I guess.

Then there's my grandfather, who came here illegally.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:34 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
There have been ways large and small, I guess.

Then there's my grandfather, who came here illegally.
really

Old 04-22-2011, 12:13 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,774,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
There are unlimited H-2A visas for legal immigrant crop pickers so you'd still have those fruits and veggies on your table if the farmers used them. No need to have illegal aliens pick them other than greed on the part of the farmers.

Whatever taxes illegals pay does not cover their social costs. Therefore their costs outweigh any so-called tax benefits.

You may be an educated citizen and those kind of jobs illegals are unable to take. However, it is our blue collar workforce that is suffering the loss of their jobs and lowering of their wages. Do you not care about them as long as it doesn't affect you?

What does your car incident have to do with any of this?

Our economy would go down the tubes without illegal aliens? Really, whatever did we do before millions of them were here? We are in worse shape today than we were 30-40 years ago.
If you're wondering why zacatecana's comments seem only vaguely connected to the subject at hand, Google "Latino Policy Forum", along with "Comment Corps". Whenever someone seems to have taken talking points and anecdotes out of a book, and to have inserted them into an online discussion, then it's reasonable to suspect that trained Trolls are at work, trying to suppress Truth Speech.

Basically, a great many powerful entities are trying to counter the rash of truth breaking out on the Internet, by deploying armies of Professional Trolls, to counter the Truth-Tellers. I've only recently seen articles on these people: but already, I'm spotting them everywhere. Their favorite tactic, of course, is ridiculing people who are telling inconvenient truths.

I'm not saying that zacatecana is doing this. However, it is a possibility to consider.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:19 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
When I was engaged to my first boyfriend many, many moons ago his family thought I was an illegal alien. LOL All because I had lived abroad for so long and have an accent. They tought I wanted to marry him just for a green card. They didn't shut up until I showed them my passport and my birth certificate stating that I was born in Mass.

Needless to say that relationship went nowhere - thankfully.
I used to ask all of my daughter's new boyfriends to show me ID and proof of auto insurance before allowing her to go out, LOL!

Old 04-22-2011, 12:20 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
If you're wondering why zacatecana's comments seem only vaguely connected to the subject at hand, Google "Latino Policy Forum", along with "Comment Corps". Whenever someone seems to have taken talking points and anecdotes out of a book, and to have inserted them into an online discussion, then it's reasonable to suspect that trained Trolls are at work, trying to suppress Truth Speech.

Basically, a great many powerful entities are trying to counter the rash of truth breaking out on the Internet, by deploying armies of Professional Trolls, to counter the Truth-Tellers. I've only recently seen articles on these people: but already, I'm spotting them everywhere. Their favorite tactic, of course, is ridiculing people who are telling inconvenient truths.

I'm not saying that zacatecana is doing this. However, it is a possibility to consider.
Thanks for the headsup.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
Maybe it was not that. My ex-husband's family was European and he hated Brazilian people. (or from Brazilian descent) he told me most AIDS infected prostitutes in Europe are from that origin.
I do not believe in collective guilt so I explained to him not every single woman from that origin has aids or is a hooker.
LOL! He must not have seen most town centers in the UK on a Friday and Saturday night

Old 04-22-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFAULTv2.0 View Post
Lol at this thread, every Latino is not an illegal alien.
And you could never know unless they show you proof to believe otherwise.
These BS stories about being stabbed and raped by illegal aliens is purely air! Did they tell you they were illegal or not show you a green card in the midst of these actions?

Please...
Excuse me? One, I have the mental scars from the rape. Two, I have the physical scar from the stabbing. Three, where I live and grew up, it was quite easy to know who was illegal and who was not. It was a small town, fool. Regarding the rape incident, the Mormon family fully admitted that they were an ILLEGAL family and they were just trying to help them.

Don't add insult to injury.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:28 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
LOL! He must not have seen most town centers in the UK on a Friday and Saturday night

He worked for an embassy in Europe for 'some' time. So I really do not know. I am just mentioning that collective guilt is an absurd concept.

And I doubt he patronized prostitutes, but living in Spain he saw so many of them walking the street, I guess he got traumatized.

Kind of like you and the poster whose mother married an illegal alien (bad move if you ask me)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration