Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 01:12 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,271,287 times

Advertisements

My response would be NO!

Old 06-28-2011, 01:17 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,211,290 times
Mine would be YES!

See what I did there?

Old 06-28-2011, 01:21 PM

19 posts, read 8,910 times
How would you define "pro-America"?

If being "pro-America" is believing in the ideals that the founding fathers of the nation espoused then the idea of accepting poor migrants from other nations wanting to work hard and improve their lives and the lives of those around them would be one of the very definitions of being "pro-America".

The New Collosus is engraved on the Statue of Liberty, the very symbol of America, it says:

Quote:
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
Emma Lazarus, 1883

Old 06-28-2011, 01:25 PM

20 posts, read 12,642 times
I guess it depends.

Look at it this way.

Nancy Regan- I 100 % firmly believe that the woman was dedicated to helping children and felt that drugs were evil and the American Drug problem needed to be dealt with.

I totally believe in her mind she though that the way they were proceeding with the drug war was BY FAR THE BEST THING FOR AMERICA. And no matter what you told her she knew in her mind she was making america a better place.

Bottom line she was WRONG she and her drug war has devastated america 1000 times over.

She never wanted to hurt america She really thought what she was doing was right.

Apply it to the illegal immigration situation

Anti-Illegal people - I truly feel deep down in their hearts that they want to do what's best for America

Pro-Illegal people - I truly feel deep down in their hearts that they want to do what's best for america.

(racists and bigots aside definatly none of them posting here tho )

Both sides only want what's best for america much like nancy regan did.

So in my opinion both sides ARE VERY VERY VERY PRO AMERICAN

The problem is which side is the nancy regan side which one will doom america in the future....

I have no idea but I'm sure time will tell.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:50 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,271,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill X View Post
How would you define "pro-America"?

If being "pro-America" is believing in the ideals that the founding fathers of the nation espoused then the idea of accepting poor migrants from other nations wanting to work hard and improve their lives and the lives of those around them would be one of the very definitions of being "pro-America".

The New Collosus is engraved on the Statue of Liberty, the very symbol of America, it says:

Emma Lazarus, 1883
I would say being Pro-America would mean believing in the RULE OF LAW. A concept you pro-illegal types cant seem to grasp.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:53 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
I would say being Pro-America would mean believing in the RULE OF LAW...
What is the "RULE OF LAW"?...

Old 06-28-2011, 01:54 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
I would say being Pro-America would mean believing in the RULE OF LAW. A concept you pro-illegal types cant seem to grasp.
Also, we already take in a million legal immigrants a year. If that isn't being pro-America then I don't know what is. We cannot take in the whole world's poor and it isn't being anti-American by having common sense immigration policies. Anywho who puts the world's poor above the welfare of our own citizens and our own poor is anti-American in my book.

We are no longer a wide open frontier and sparsely populated like decades ago. We no longer need a lot of foreign manual laborers as we have enough of our own now. We have over 310 million people here all fighting for jobs and resources today.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:55 PM

192 posts, read 115,588 times
We used to take in the world's poorest. They helped make America great.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:59 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
What is the "RULE OF LAW"?...
You as a military man and U.S. citizen has to ask such a question?

Old 06-28-2011, 02:00 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You as a military man and U.S. citizen has to ask such a question?
Define it for me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration