Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 11:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
So they (just say "Mexicans" already) are already heavily involved in criminal behavior before coming here? Does that also transfer over to Mexicans legally immigrating? I mean, every marriage is expressed as a "green card" relationship by you if the Foreign National spouse is from Mexico.

I'm still wondering your position, living among those that you described as "illegal", but doing nothing other than complaining about it...

The hyperbole that is evident in every post here makes it seem like you were deeply hurt, or just would rather have a scorched earth policy south of your location...
Oh yes, as a taxpayer, I admit I am VERY deeply hurt. But also as an American citizen who wants something for my fellow American citizens.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:32 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
So they (just say "Mexicans" already) are already heavily involved in criminal behavior before coming here? Does that also transfer over to Mexicans legally immigrating? I mean, every marriage is expressed as a "green card" relationship by you if the Foreign National spouse is from Mexico.

I'm still wondering your position, living among those that you described as "illegal", but doing nothing other than complaining about it...

The hyperbole that is evident in every post here makes it seem like you were deeply hurt, or just would rather have a scorched earth policy south of your location...
Not all -- but a good portion of them are -- but my question was -- if illegals are insisting that their own countries are horrendously dangerous and that they're running from the cartels and other criminals, how does it make any sense that they insist that the border is to remain open to those very people from who they are supposedly trying to make their escape?

If members of the Juarez cartel are among the illegals now coming over - and of course many are, how does it help them that the border remains unenforced and illegal immigration unlimited? Doesn't that mean the members of the Sinaloa cartel can get here and go after them? You'd think if they were being honest about escaping violence, they'd be the first ones wanting the borders closed after they've come on over of course.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:43 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Oh yes, as a taxpayer, I admit I am VERY deeply hurt. But also as an American citizen who wants something for my fellow American citizens.
Well, and also against those damn Mexicans citizens, the very worst criminals on earth. With so much insight into what you see as blatant transgressions, including knowledge of a secret passage for Mexicans into the United States, it isn't better served to bring those concerns to someplace other than an online forum? I mean, the very worst criminals on earth probably need some proactive attention to keep them from ever coming here, because I'm sure you would not use this terminology lightly.

And you were the one that said I was using my wife's status...

Old 08-28-2011, 11:47 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
OK, cool, so still nobody has bothered to take a serious crack at explaining why a double standard is justified.

There is no double standard. Citizens pay the price for their crimes and illegals need to as well.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:49 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Cool, whatever. I was responding to someone else who said we should think of citizens first.

You then proceeded to ramble about moral obligations and so on.
That isn’t true, and you know it. Furthermore, you specifically stated you invoked the value of a person because, “Benicar mentioned moral obligation.” At least admit you made a mistake. For heaven’s sake, no one is infallible.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Because our treatment of human beings should operate out of an assumption of equality.

I never said the U.S. government should do that. I suppose that it could. Nothing about a citizen makes them inherently more deserving of rights or privileges or anything.

It does to the degree that we are all free to make the most of ourselves within the confines of our circumstances.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:54 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,211,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That isn’t true, and you know it. Furthermore, you specifically stated you invoked the value of a person because, “Benicar mentioned moral obligation.” At least admit you made a mistake. For heaven’s sake, no one is infallible.
Was it not clear that I was saying I confused you with someone else? No need to get all angry.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:55 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,211,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
It does to the degree that we are all free to make the most of ourselves within the confines of our circumstances.
Elaborate, please.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Not all -- but a good portion of them are -- but my question was -- if illegals are insisting that their own countries are horrendously dangerous and that they're running from the cartels and other criminals, how does it make any sense that they insist that the border is to remain open to those very people from who they are supposedly trying to make their escape?

If members of the Juarez cartel are among the illegals now coming over - and of course many are, how does it help them that the border remains unenforced and illegal immigration unlimited? Doesn't that mean the members of the Sinaloa cartel can get here and go after them? You'd think if they were being honest about escaping violence, they'd be the first ones wanting the borders closed after they've come on over of course.

What you say makes all the sense in the world. And if we open our borders our jobs will pay what jobs in Mexico pay. But I have to wonder if that isn't PART of the agenda of many of the pro illegal group.

I think their belief is that we should all be third world countries so that no one is at a disadvantage. Some logic!!!!

Old 08-28-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Elaborate, please.

There is no need, you know what I mean. I've explained it many times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration