Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 01:08 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,211,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
How about this double standard?

Illegals have every right to American jobs!!!

Americans have NO right to have a job!!
How about the exact opposite of a double standard, where your "rights" to a job are identical?

Old 08-28-2011, 01:09 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
How about the exact opposite of a double standard, where your "rights" to a job are identical?
In Mexico? Or in Spain? Are my rights identical to the citizens of those countries in their countries?

Or it it only the USA you intend to destroy as a nation?

Why aren't you banging your fists on the table screaming over oiur lack of rights in the nations of others?

Old 08-28-2011, 01:10 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Are you suggesting we should accept illegal immigration to the tune of billions of tax dollars annually, simply because we are squandering billions in Iraq? Is that actually your justification for the fleecing of America? Why not fry as many fish as possible, regardless of size? I can think of myriad good uses for the money we are wasting on illegal aliens and their estimated 4+ million anchors.
No, I'm suggesting that the complaints over the "deep" cost to the US taxpayer are just crocodile tears.

I guarantee you that cost is like the last thing on anyone's mind here. If the net cost were $2 million/year instead of $20 billion, the exact same people would be saying the exact same things.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:10 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Yeah, I would think that would be a double standard. Fortunately, nobody in this forum is advancing that position.
I can’t believe you’re denying this. It's EXACTLY what you are your group espouse on a daily basis.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:11 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,211,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
In Mexico? Or in Spain? Are my rights identical to the citizens of those countries in their countries?

Or it it only the USA you intend to destroy as a nation?

Why aren't you banging your fists on the table screaming over oiur lack of rights in the nations of others?
I oppose those regimes equally, bud.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:12 PM

951 posts, read 745,628 times
Quote:
No, I'm suggesting that the complaints over the "deep" cost to the US taxpayer are just crocodile tears.

I guarantee you that cost is like the last thing on anyone's mind here. If the net cost were $2 million/year instead of $20 billion, the exact same people would be saying the exact same things.

They are saying those things even when most economists state they are a net benefit to our society. IT'S SIMPLE COMMON SENSE!

Old 08-28-2011, 01:13 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:
How deeply?

CIS, which is known to be a source of questionable reliability, puts the NET taxpayer cost at $10-30 billion (the high end of that range is "if there was an amnesty for illegal aliens" - and note, this is net cost, at all levels (federal, state, local)).

Source: The High Cost of Cheap Labor: Illegal Immigration and the Federal Budget | Center for Immigration Studies (http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec..HTML%20 - broken link)

As a comparison, the US Army spends $20 billion per year JUST ON AIR CONDITIONING in Iraq.

Source: Among The Costs Of War: Billions A Year In A.C.? : NPR

If your concern is taxpayer costs, there are much, much bigger fish to fry.

This is hilarious.

Your first link points out the supposed real costs of allowing illegals to come in to the country.

Your second link points out the cost of allowing our soldiers to get a decent nights sleep.

Tell me how this makes your case in any way.

Are you saying that taxpayers should forego the safety of the military to make room for people that are a drain on our economy?

I'm glad you found a link that you found suitable that blatantly points out that it is NOT beneficial to allow illegals to enter our country.

I guess you have joined our side. I knew you would wake up.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:14 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:

The costs of illegals -- like you have pointed out over and over at least 1/3 of the illegals are doing nothing but living off welfare handouts here, are very much on my mind.

As a taxpayer, my personal costs of their free schools, free housing, free county hospital are enormous and going up.

By your own admission (something you were harping on in fact) a third of illegals are living off the taxpayers directly. And that third of illlegals represent the females who have already begun giving birth here and of course another third representing the dead beat fathers who keep them knocked up but fail to provide financial support for them.

That 2/3 of illegals would be an excellent starting point for deportations.

Oh and I forgot to mention -- also the cost of government services for the millions of displaced American workers and those Americans never being given a chance here in their own country.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:16 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
They are saying those things even when most economists state they are a net benefit to our society. IT'S SIMPLE COMMON SENSE!

That is just plain silly. Would these be the same economists that are saying we should spend our way in to prosperity? Sounds like it.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:16 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:

Sorry, but it IS possible to oppose ALL unnecessary spending, which includes illegal immigration. However, this isn't the forum for the discussion of those topics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration