Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 03:06 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Of course its wrong. Its wrong anytime a group puts its self-interest above the interests of the nation as a whole.

And sadly, we all do it at one time or another. Or does the nation as a whole really care about Cuba as much as certain voting blocs in Florida and New Jersey?
Don't quite understand your last paragraph and how it relates to the self-interest of a certain ethnic group. As for me, I have never put my ethnic/ancestoral group which is white- Irish/Polish above the national interests nor do I think they should be immune to or rewarded for violating our immigration laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 04:22 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,736,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I know many Hispanics, and none support amnesty for illegal aliens. The pro-illegal movement is being spearheaded by power-hungry Hispanic politicians, who believe if they can have a majority Hispanic population, they are guaranteed political clout, and ultimately, control over every branch of our government. Groups like La Raza, support amnesty to exploit illegal aliens for the philanthropic contributions they receive on behalf of the "downtrodden" so-called immigrants. It's solely for personal gain. Sadly, they have brainwashed many Hispanic citizens into believing it is their ethnic obligation to support illegal immigration, if not, they are traitors. Of course, there are also millions of Hispanic citizens with illegal alien family and friends. So, naturally, they support amnesty.

I have said it before, and I'll say it again -- if the majority of illegals were Haitian, amnesty would not be on the table. In fact, illegal immigration would NEVER have been allowed to reach this level. . . not in a million years.
Benicar, you have summed it up in a nutshell. God forbid that their hearts desire comes to fruition. America will simply become an extension of all that is corrupt and disgusting about Mexico and the rest of the 3rd world hispanic countries.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:07 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
Wow. Is it really believe that's the ONLY think Hispanic voters are concerned about?? So inaccurate!

There are actually a number of hispanic voters that resent NEW immigrants. Which Hispanics are you talking about? There are many types of Hispanics, and I assure you they do not all think the same way.
Obviously the politicians and political parties don't believe that's true.

The approach the politicans take is that the "hispanic" vote wants unlimited immigration from their own countries, they want the USA to become a Spanish speaking nation, and they don't give a damn about taxes, jobs for US citizens, or anything else.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:10 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Obviously the politicians and political parties don't believe that's true.

The approach the politicans take is that the "hispanic" vote wants unlimited immigration from their own countries, they want the USA to become a Spanish speaking nation, and they don't give a damn about taxes, jobs for US citizens, or anything else.
And they'd be close to the truth with many of them.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:49 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,549,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, it has nothing to do with Hispanics wanting humane treatment for illegal aliens in general. There is nothing inhumane about sending them back to their homelands where they belong. You are implying then that Hispanics are the only group with compassion. No they have an ulterior motive. Where is their compassion for their fellow Americans of all ethnic groups? Those Hispanics who do support these illegals would be on the pro-enforcement side of the immigration issue instead if these illegals weren't mostly from their ethnic group. Let's have a little honesty here. Unfortunately, the majority of Hispanics are ethnically driven on this issue. Here is just one poll verifying my assertions.
Poll: Immigration splits Americans

Yes, there can be more than one point of view on any issue. However, the motivation for such views is what is important. The motivation for those Hispanics that are supporting these illegal aliens are doing so based on ethnic ties rather than the national interests.

The Hispanic vote may not revolve entirely around this issue but come on they have made it clear that it is mostly the main one for many of them. If it weren't then why are so many politicians falling all over themselves to pander to them over this issue?

Wow,you're really good at making assumptions and putting words in people's mouth's arent you?

I can tell you really aren't interested in other people's points of view. You just want to speak yours and tell everyone else they are wrong. That's cool. Whatever floats your boat. I'm not here for that. Have a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Of course its wrong. Its wrong anytime a group puts its self-interest above the interests of the nation as a whole.
Quote:
Oh please. That's what just about every group does!
And sadly, we all do it at one time or another.
Quote:
Yep.
Or does the nation as a whole really care about Cuba as much as certain voting blocs in Florida and New Jersey?
The Nation doesn't care about anything a whole. We are made up of many individuals who thing very differently about a great many things.

And trying to figure out how to serve the greatest majority, must be a nigtmare of a job. I'm glad I'm not a politician!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Benicar, you have summed it up in a nutshell. God forbid that their hearts desire comes to fruition. America will simply become an extension of all that is corrupt and disgusting about Mexico and the rest of the 3rd world hispanic countries.

Cuz there is nothing corrupt in our country right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
From the article:

So, Hispanic voters are expecting Presidential candidates to assure them that illegal immigrants will be treated with special care and attention? Why? Hmm, why would this be?

What ELSE could it be that people like McCain are suggesting be done in order to get votes?
I take it your against gay marriage too.

How about instead of special treatment and saying "oh, they are breaking the laws" we CHANGE the laws. That is still part of the American way, isn't it? Being able to change laws when appropriate?

Funny thing is...I understand why we might want to limit people coming into our country. We can barely take care of ourselves. I get that. I just object to the way people love to generalize and what the real motivation is behind other people's "issues" with "illegal" immigrants.

How about we come down on the businesses that contribute to hiring and exploiting those "illegals". Isn't THAT illegal?

Last edited by Yac; 12-07-2011 at 02:26 AM.. Reason: 4 posts in a row merged

Old 12-06-2011, 12:54 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,736,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
Cuz there is nothing corrupt in our country right?
Wow, who said that . . .? oh wait you did.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:16 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
What is the goal of these so-called Hispanic voters who are seeking to put someone in the Presidential office that will cater to illegal immigrants?

That's simple. It's because Hispanics are largely ethnocentric racists and their main concern is bringing more of their own into the country so they will no longer be the minority. Frankly I don't understand why they think this is their path to prosperity. Having more illiterate third world peasants in the USA will accomplish what exactly????

Old 12-06-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Wow, who said that . . .? oh wait you did.
It's called sarcasm.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:

hmmm
Maybe we would benefit from the positive things that their culture could contribute. Like <gasp> strong family bonds (something which some apparently thing is wrong). Great FOOD! Lively music. And willingness to work their rear ends off for the money they earn...

Old 12-06-2011, 02:32 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
It's a tap dance. Yes Hispanics may prove important but move too far to the Left on this issue your base deserts you and independents flee as well.

The best approach for a GOP candidate is to say we are going to enforce the laws on the books, period.

The Dems are the ones losing the white working class votes in droves. There are just not that many eligible Hispanics to make up the difference. Another little secret is Hispanics have woeful turnout numbers.

Jan Brewer won by 20 points last year. Before she signed 1070 she was tied and some polls had her behind. To me that says all I need to know about Hispanic voting power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration