Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:45 AM

537 posts, read 441,610 times

Advertisements

You have to go down a bit, but here are the key paragraphs:

It is currently an elective for students studying to become doctors, but Ms. Gonzàlez wants her course to become a requirement for new physicians. Relying on translators is not efficient, she says.
"I kind of have mixed emotions, because I kind of feel if you're going to be in this country, you've got to learn English," Ms. Gonzàlez said. "But at the same time, I recognize the fact that we have people from all over and it eventually ends up saving money because you're helping these people before their health gets out of control."
Language isn't the only thing that can separate a Hispanic patient and his doctor. There are cultural divides as well.
American doctors often refer their patients to other doctors, not realizing it's harder for most Hispanics, who generally work lower-wage jobs, to repeatedly take off from work, Ms. Gonzàlez said.
Hispanics are also more likely to use herbal remedies and nontraditional healers.
Dr. Dubin said he has come across Hispanic patients who believe taking hot chili peppers will cure them. He teaches students to negotiate treatment rather than insult the patient. For instance, an antibiotic can be used along with the chili peppers.

Hispanics shift hospitals' resources | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | News: Local News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/091507dnbushispanichealth.29186bf.html - broken link)

SINCE SAN ANTONIO & HOUSTON ARE SANTUARY CITIES THEY WILL PROBABLY WIN OUT ON THE SPANISH. I HAVE COMCAST CABLE IN HOUSTON AND 90 % OF THE CHANNELS ARE IN SPANISH. AND GOV. PERRY CAMPAIGNED AGAINST ILLEGALS THEN TURNED AFTER HE GOT ELECTED, HE AND BUSH ARE BACK STABBING TRAITOR BUDDIES.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:02 PM

149 posts, read 548,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
You have to go down a bit, but here are the key paragraphs:

It is currently an elective for students studying to become doctors, but Ms. Gonzàlez wants her course to become a requirement for new physicians.
Based on the article, the title of this thread should read: One Hispanic in Texas wants to Require Doctors to learn Spanish

Not "Hispanics (plural)" and not "force" - You are distorting the facts of the news article.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:16 PM

Give it time and the whole La Raza gang will be pushing for it, just as they did for all teachers and pricinples to learn and know Spanish because the little kiddies are apparently too lazy to learn English.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:17 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,863,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post

SINCE SAN ANTONIO & HOUSTON ARE SANTUARY CITIES THEY WILL PROBABLY WIN OUT ON THE SPANISH. I HAVE COMCAST CABLE IN HOUSTON AND 90 % OF THE CHANNELS ARE IN SPANISH. AND GOV. PERRY CAMPAIGNED AGAINST ILLEGALS THEN TURNED AFTER HE GOT ELECTED, HE AND BUSH ARE BACK STABBING TRAITOR BUDDIES.
Amen! This whole Illegal aliens/borders/INVASION/sovereignty/Mexico issue has me so fired up...and IMO it's the most glaring & disastrous failure of Bush's presidency!

I voted for the man twice, and now I feel like a total fool for doing so!

Thank goodness for term limits! Come Jan. 2009, I really won't be too sorry to see Bush go.

Maybe by then he'll have a chance to go down and run for president of Mexico.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:13 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,509,239 times
Let's have doctors learn, French, German and Chinese too. Oh, that's right...those folks usually come here legally and learn to speak English as our ancestors did......

Old 09-18-2007, 01:17 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,172,928 times
It's sad it took 50 years for blacks to make gains like getting great teaching and administrative jobs in schools only to be forced out because they don't speak Spanish.

The prez and the gov will be called traitors as soon as a terrorist comes across the Mexican border and kills a lot of Americans.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
It's sad it took 50 years for blacks to make gains like getting great teaching and administrative jobs in schools only to be forced out because they don't speak Spanish.

The prez and the gov will be called traitors as soon as a terrorist comes across the Mexican border and kills a lot of Americans.
Yes, you are absolutely correct!!!! I do feel for the blacks of this country. About the time they start making inroads to the middle class, the government brings and allows immigrants, legal and illegal, to take that away from them.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:50 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,863,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post

I've been thinking that too. It is beyond ludicrous for the Bushies to be waging a "global war on terror" while ignoring the fact that people are waltzing over our southern border like water through a colander—and we have no idea who they are!

Old 09-18-2007, 06:28 PM

10,179 posts, read 11,168,640 times
Well golly gee - And people think these illegals are great for this country. Yes, let's all go to school to learn spanish, because they are to inept to learn English. i don't think this will ever happen.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:51 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,986 times
Default also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Well golly gee - And people think these illegals are great for this country. Yes, let's all go to school to learn spanish, because they are to inept to learn English. i don't think this will ever happen.
Lets renounce our citizenship, DWI, kill people, not pay taxes and see if government lets that happen like they do the illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration