Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 10:13 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

If this is going on it is one more thing we need to straighten out about illegal immigrants. I wonder how loud we would have to scream to get the Congress to do anything, that is, if the Congress has any legislative power left.

If this is all untrue then this TV station has to be dealt with by those who determine what they can get by with. Our FCC is run by people who won't allow right leaning reporting like this.

Indianapolis News Video | Weather Video Forecast | Sports - 13 WTHR Indianapolis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 11:10 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
If this is going on it is one more thing we need to straighten out about illegal immigrants. I wonder how loud we would have to scream to get the Congress to do anything, that is, if the Congress has any legislative power left.

If this is all untrue then this TV station has to be dealt with by those who determine what they can get by with. Our FCC is run by people who won't allow right leaning reporting like this.

Indianapolis News Video | Weather Video Forecast | Sports - 13 WTHR Indianapolis
Just finished watching this and I feel sick to my stomach. If I got it straight and this is correct (shows interviews with tax preparers, undocumented workers and Inspector General so seems pretty reliable), Illegals are using their ITIN (similar to Social Security Card) to get huge refunds from the IRS for kids, who don't even live in this country (some as many as 20 kids listed). This is costing us $4 Billion Dollars a year. This has been reported to the IRS and nothing is done. There has been no attempt to put a stop to this "loophole," which apparently requires Congressional support. Additionally, This tax preparer has personally reported dozens of 100% fraudulent claims and not one person of the 100,000 IRS employees is available to meet with him. What in the h*ll are we paying these guys to do???

Why in the world would anyone not support the Tea Party's efforts to strip the size of this out of control Government?!?!

Old 05-08-2012, 12:36 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Wake up people. The government wants these illegal parasites to destroy our country. The IRS went after me back in 2003 because they wanted proof of my miles driven that I wrote off on my delivery driving job. They got a judgement on me that took 5 years to pay off. After watching this video, I am freaking mad!!! They take our money to give it to illegal immigrants.

Ron Paul 2012

"end the Fed, end the IRS"

Old 05-08-2012, 12:39 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Thread here: Illegal aliens steal over 4 billion in tax refunds

Old 05-08-2012, 12:43 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
The question is do they go back and check the info? Anybody could write down they have X amount in their household and do the same thing but it's the IRS job to check up on it and issue fines and recoup any amount if there are lies. Question is do they or are they now too busy with setting up the fining system for obamacare to give a rip anymore.

Hell I got a letter saying I owed a bunch of back taxes because I didn't claim 15K of my income on a certain line from two years ago or whatever it was. I pulled up my returns and there it was claimed exactly where they said it wasn't. Whole agency is a complete and utter mess IMO.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:47 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Wake up people. The government wants these illegal parasites to destroy our country. The IRS went after me back in 2003 because they wanted proof of my miles driven that I wrote off on my delivery driving job. They got a judgement on me that took 5 years to pay off. After watching this video, I am freaking mad!!! They take our money to give it to illegal immigrants.

Ron Paul 2012

"end the Fed, end the IRS"
People do need to wake up.

But it isn't the government that wants the illegals here. The illegals are here because "American" corporations love hiring them at below minimum wage w/ no benefits. That's why they're here.

And we taxpayers then pay for all their medical needs as they clog up the emergency rooms across the nation.

Then the corporate lobbyists write the legislation that the corporate owned politicans pass into law.

Who benefits?

Answer that question honestly and you've arrived at the root of the illegal immigration problem.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:55 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

But it isn't the government that wants the illegals here. The illegals are here because "American" corporations love hiring them at below minimum wage w/ no benefits. That's why they're here.

And we taxpayers then pay for all their medical needs as they clog up the emergency rooms across the nation.

Then the corporate lobbyists write the legislation that the corporate owned politicans pass into law.

Who benefits?

Answer that question honestly and you've arrived at the root of the illegal immigration problem.
Good post and true!

However, you just attacked a Repug god, corporations...they will not believe a word against them...

Old 05-08-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The question is do they go back and check the info? Anybody could write down they have X amount in their household and do the same thing but it's the IRS job to check up on it and issue fines and recoup any amount if there are lies. Question is do they or are they now too busy with setting up the fining system for obamacare to give a rip anymore.

Hell I got a letter saying I owed a bunch of back taxes because I didn't claim 15K of my income on a certain line from two years ago or whatever it was. I pulled up my returns and there it was claimed exactly where they said it wasn't. Whole agency is a complete and utter mess IMO.
No wonder they are being used to institute all those Obamacare laws and rules. Yep, they are very busy with that law and just can't take good care of what they were created to do. Hand out goodies in the way of Earned Income and help the illegals stay ahead would seem to be their main need.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:00 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:

Who benefits?

i call BS on that.

the government is the ENFORCEMENT mechanism for behavior, and could put a stop to it at any time, something the private sector would not be able to do. heck, even the states are getting a hard time trying to stand up to the federal government.

instead the government chooses to PAY illegal immigrants other people's money---- even when it is reported, even when americans object.

...... i don't see the private sector confiscating taxpayer money to dole out to illegals.

not only that we have this new report: (WSJ)

SAN ANTONIO—South Texas is seeing a rise in children from Central America who have slipped across the border unaccompanied into the U.S. from Mexico after that country began deporting fewer kids who arrived without visas, some experts say.

The influx across the U.S. border is causing a political outcry in the state, where the federal government has set up five temporary shelters to deal with the growing numbers of young immigrants.

A dormitory room at a temporary shelter at an Air Force base in San Antonio housing young immigrants.
.From October to the end of April, the U.S. government has detained more than 6,500 unaccompanied minors who had crossed the border, nearly double the number detained in the comparable period the previous year, according to U.S. officials.

we are told that there is a "war on terror" yet our borders are totally porous for anybody to march across.

IT IS A DISGRACE, especially when soldiers are dying for the lies---because if it isn't a lie then we would be protecting our borders and our citizens from the "threat".

Old 05-08-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:

Who benefits?

I have always wondered why the legal residents of Dodge City who come from the Mexicans who settled there in the late 19th century didn't like having to compete with illegals at the beef packing plants. They got paid the normal wage and the illegals got paid less as you say but they also got paid by the government to make up for what they didn't get in salary. Now the corporations that ran the plants may have been getting benefited by this crap but the illegals got more in the end. Of course, you don't know about that piece of crap that was shoved down the throats of citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration