Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should be done about illegal immigration?
Make everyone who is here illegally a citizen 0 0%
Kick out the criminal illegals, give the rest a path to citizenship 3 14.29%
Deport them all, unless they are willing to make an effort to citizenship 2 9.52%
Deport them all, period. 11 52.38%
Deport the ones here now, shoot any more that try to enter 4 19.05%
I think genocide and concentration camps are the answer 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 12:21 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,181,247 times

Advertisements

What is your personal view?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 07:09 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
I'm for deporting them as they make their presence known plus workplace checks should be done.

I'm not really for door-to-door searches, I don't think those are necessary but no illegal should ever have the gall to show up at a welfare office to claim his/her food stamps, WIC, or government housing and crackdowns on employers that hire illegals would go a long way. Plus whenever an illegal is caught breaking some other law -- DWI, driving without insurance or a license, shoplifting, stalking, bar fights, and so on, it should be deportation and we need to quit with all their excuses and cry-baby stories. If you're here illegally and are found to be here illegally, you should be sent home.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:34 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times
Deport them all !!

Old 06-13-2012, 09:23 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
I would love to see them all sent back to their countries, but in reality I know this can not be done: My idea and it is very simplistic so would need fine tuning: anyone who has broken the law and is here illegally, regardless of family he/she would have to leave behind, is gone...End of story. For the rest, if they really want to become citizens, have lived here for X number of years, have worked and contributed to our economy, have learned leerned English and they agree to pay a fine, they should ba allowed to stay, but should get no government assistance until they become citizens.

Nita

Old 06-13-2012, 09:38 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I would love to see them all sent back to their countries, but in reality I know this can not be done: My idea and it is very simplistic so would need fine tuning: anyone who has broken the law and is here illegally, regardless of family he/she would have to leave behind, is gone...End of story. For the rest, if they really want to become citizens, have lived here for X number of years, have worked and contributed to our economy, have learned leerned English and they agree to pay a fine, they should ba allowed to stay, but should get no government assistance until they become citizens.

Nita
I disagree. Immigration lawbreakers should never be rewarded for doing so just because they have managed to evade the law longer than others. It makes a mockery out of our immigration laws and only encourages more to come and lay low for awhile until we give in to them also. Also, Americans need the jobs they are holding.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:46 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I disagree. Immigration lawbreakers should never be rewarded for doing so just because they have managed to evade the law longer than others. It makes a mockery out of our immigration laws and only encourages more to come and lay low for awhile until we give in to them also. Also, Americans need the jobs they are holding.
Agreed, anything less is simply another carrot for yet more illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration