Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 07:31 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
I do believe that nearly 1/3 of all US soldiers who fought against Germany in World War II were of German descent. German Americans were very supportive of the US in both World Wars and America would not have prevailed without them!!!
Germans=German citizens who fought for the Kaiser as well as Hitler.

Americans of German heritage are just that; Americans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 07:31 PM

104 posts, read 449,971 times
Do any of you actually believe that they want to be illegals? Sadly, it's the same people who need to be helped out by us the most who don't have the resources to come here legally.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:33 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Brunolesci View Post
Who were the illegals who created the U.S.?

Regarding Ireland and France, I would not shed one tear if they drove every last foreigner out of their nations.
Mach50 and Ghost are in their own reality that we are all anchor babies etc..:rolley es:

Old 10-02-2007, 07:34 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Indians invited the explorers in and were killed for it. I call that pretty illegal, but from a mankind point of view, not written laws.

You know what that is how it goes, thats evolution. Not even morals and ethics can stop it.

Mach50 no one on this board is living in the past and your arguments are pointless. I also must mention that you above everyone else have portrayed Mexicans as helpless and have no abilities to make progress, yet you never respond to that.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othon View Post
Do any of you actually believe that they want to be illegals? Sadly, it's the same people who need to be helped out by us the most who don't have the resources to come here legally.
Call me callous: that is not our problem.

Political refugees are one thing; economic refugees (which covers most illegal immigrants), oh well.

Many Americans are destitute---------not always their fault either.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:39 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Mach50 no one on this board is living in the past and your arguments are pointless. I also must mention that you above everyone else have portrayed Mexicans as helpless and have no abilities to make progress, yet you never respond to that.
I never said they were helpless, I just said it is a tough road for them back in Mexico, as it is even more racist and corrupt there, than in America.

I really just wish we could find a more civilized approach than building walls and kicking these people out. That is just a bandaid on the real problem.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:44 PM

104 posts, read 449,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Call me callous: that is not our problem.
What do you mean by "our?" Are they not humans like you and me and part of this global society?

Quote:
Political refugees are one thing; economic refugees (which covers most illegal immigrants), oh well.
What's the difference? Coming here is a matter of survival, and that's what counts.

Quote:
Many Americans are destitute---------not always their fault either.
And I hope enough people will realize that it is our problem to get something done.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:50 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,673,526 times
What about Americas survival? You all say they should be here , but how? they way it is now is destroying us. Do you actually believe, that when they become citizens, and have to pay normal taxes, and no longer can skirt the system and actually have to pay their bills,that they will still work for crappy wages, or will they want more to makeup for their loss? Being a citizen is costly.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othon View Post
What do you mean by "our?" Are they not humans like you and me and part of this global society?

What's the difference? Coming here is a matter of survival, and that's what counts.

And I hope enough people will realize that it is our problem to get something done.
I stand by all that I stated; if you disagree, that is your right.

Better yet: if Mexicans (to use the largest group of illegals as an example) want to be here so badly; maybe we should annex all of SOB------and, demand the residents there follow US law (80-90% would gladly do so I bet) or place the troublemakers into camps. End of discussion.

Suffice to say at one time I was a lot more liberal.......now not as much as I used to be--------the real world pimpslapped upside my head knocking my ass into reality.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:00 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
I never said they were helpless, I just said it is a tough road for them back in Mexico, as it is even more racist and corrupt there, than in America.

I really just wish we could find a more civilized approach than building walls and kicking these people out. That is just a bandaid on the real problem.
We have to worry about the furtures for our children not the citizens of another country. Could you imagine what changes could be made in Mexico if all the 12-20 million Mexican illegal immigrants flooded back into Mexico after they have lived in America? I don't think they would set back and live like they did before. Let them march in the streets of Mexico and demand changes. It may be the only thing that would turn Mexico around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration