Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 06:17 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,745,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
negative rep huh? Attack huh, gee wonder who, grow up and get over it, even I dont give out neg rep. But I guess I have some making up to do.

back on subject.
I don’t believe fastfilm was referring to a NEG rep. Also that wasn’t the first time I had to look up something she wrote.
Tacit
1 : expressed or carried on without words or speech <the blush was a tacit answer -- Bram Stoker>
2 : implied or indicated (as by an act or by silence) but not actually expressed <tacit consent> <tacit admission of guilt>
Exalt
1. To raise in rank, character, or status; elevate: exalted the shepherd to the rank of grand vizier.
2. To glorify, praise, or honor.
3. To increase the effect or intensity of; heighten: works of art that exalt the imagination.
4. Obsolete To fill with sublime emotion; elate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 06:21 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,673,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
I don’t believe fastfilm was referring to a NEG rep. Also that wasn’t the first time I had to look up something she wrote.
Tacit
1 : expressed or carried on without words or speech <the blush was a tacit answer -- Bram Stoker>
2 : implied or indicated (as by an act or by silence) but not actually expressed <tacit consent> <tacit admission of guilt>
Exalt
1. To raise in rank, character, or status; elevate: exalted the shepherd to the rank of grand vizier.
2. To glorify, praise, or honor.
3. To increase the effect or intensity of; heighten: works of art that exalt the imagination.
4. Obsolete To fill with sublime emotion; elate.
No no no, someone (I know who)not rednc gave me a neg rep, I was being sarcastic!

Old 10-03-2007, 07:30 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,607,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RedNC again."
So that's a tacit exalt, RedNC!
Yes, that was a tacit exaltation (affirmative! positive! I like it!) #'s 2 and #1 above! I'll remedy with a real one when next I can. Any usage that's good enough for Bram Stoker is good enough for me (rather timely for Halloween, thanks!)

Back on topic. There are examinations of behavior shown at these specific events on the videos at the lawatchdog.com site of my former neighbor and neighborhood activist Hal Netkin. Bear in mind that this lively gadfly likes to entertain as well as inform on his website, but there's a lot of info packed between the graphics (I also give him kudos for being a demographic-busting computer enthusiast who is not at all young. He's a naturalized American citizen, and also married to a woman from Mexico originally, and both are staunch advocates of the legal immigration process.) He attended one such rally, and found, to his horror, a flyer describing him, his vehicle and license plate, with the admonition to the effect that "this man is a trouble-maker so make trouble for him." He promptly moved his family out of state for their safety. This is the level of haters you'll find amongst the pro-illegals factions in Los Angeles-- we the people, the American citizens and long time denizens of our own American city, forced to relocate by nasty-spirited foreign nationals here.

Last edited by fastfilm; 10-03-2007 at 07:47 AM..

Old 10-03-2007, 09:12 AM

42 posts, read 127,836 times
Oh my GOD, I am so embarrassed for my race. Every time I see something like this I just cringe. These people are so brainwashed. They are a new wave of immigrants who come here hating this country , violently demanding absurdities. Why didn't someone just call INS . I would've loved to see those cholos (are they still called that?) rounded up.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:15 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetuliaJ View Post
Oh my GOD, I am so embarrassed for my race. Every time I see something like this I just cringe. These people are so brainwashed. They are a new wave of immigrants who come here hating this country , violently demanding absurdities. Why didn't someone just call INS . I would've loved to see those cholos (are they still called that?) rounded up.
chavalitas wannabe cholos..

Old 10-03-2007, 09:36 AM

42 posts, read 127,836 times
Unhappy Cholos

Well whatever they are called THEY ARE STUPID. They are giving Mexico a bad name waving the FLAG around like that. REAL Mexicans would not disrespect their flag that way, for starters. And what are they protesting anyways? What are they doing here? They're not working. They're not law abiding people. Did they come here for a better life? Was it really tough in Mexico? Shouldn't they be grateful and try to be an asset to this country instead of a disgrace!

Old 10-03-2007, 09:44 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetuliaJ View Post
Well whatever they are called THEY ARE STUPID. They are giving Mexico a bad name waving the FLAG around like that. REAL Mexicans would not disrespect their flag that way, for starters. And what are they protesting anyways? What are they doing here? They're not working. They're not law abiding people. Did they come here for a better life? Was it really tough in Mexico? Shouldn't they be grateful and try to be an asset to this country instead of a disgrace!
I think these are the mentally challenged of Mexico, yes it is a disgrace. Much of these take place in Los Angeles where the government has lost total control of everything.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:30 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,607,352 times
Thank you BetuliaJ, for your intelligent response. I wish you were my neighbor here in L.A! The sorry answer to your question is that. . . we can't. Los Angeles has been declared a "sanctuary city" by the Federal government, and that translates to police not being allowed even to ask legal status of any apprehended law-breakers (Special Order 40), much less deport them. For every action one can think of to involve ICE, there is a corresponding loophole to prevent its involvement in Los Angeles. I will be voting with my feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration