Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 06:20 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Errrr, Americans aren't really interested what is happening in South American countries. We have multiple cirses right in our own country. Illegal immigrants being one of them.
Except that as they take over, it's good to know what kind of system they will establish here. Obama is for all purposes saying that anyone who gets here and has a baby can stay, get not only food stamps, WIC, Medicaid and the rest, they can take jobs if they like and their children will be rewarded visas that allow them to stay and can now start getting in the financial aid lines to get their college.

He only gave them a big reward but it telling them they will get the full reward which is their fast path to US citizenship after he wins the election, for now he only gave them permission to stay. He's no fool, he made sure it's set up so they have more incentive to get out and vote for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 10:38 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Romney Writes Off Hispanic Voters In Selecting Paul Ryan for Ticket

I firmly believe that the conservative non ethnocentric, non racist taxpaying Americans of hispanic descent (particulary Cubans) will vote for the republican ticket. With all of the angry, unemployed newly homeless Americans in this country, coupled with all of those who are so over Obama's shuckin' and jivin' charisma, the media may feel that this is a negative for the Romney ticket but I don't. The fact that Romney chose an anti-illegal alien/amnesty running mate feels my heart with joy. If enough of us angry beavers get to the polls and vote against the amnesty chief we just might get our laws enforced and our country back!
The title bothers me. Why is he writing off hispanics???

We have legal hispanic in this country. The whole title assumes illegals can vote and all hispanics are illegal.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:46 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post

We have legal hispanic in this country. The whole title assumes illegals can vote and all hispanics are illegal.
I'm proud of you All American NYC.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I'm proud of you All American NYC.
Thanks

Old 08-14-2012, 11:55 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
We know that Obama will take his plan forward. He isn't even talking about illegals and what he is doing for them while campaigning. Why isn't he tell his citizen base exactly what he is doing for illegals.

Do you think Obama would have gotten the vote from people who were paying attention with their ears and using their brains, rather than their eyes, if he actually told people what his plan was - how he was going to unleash criminals on citizens and give them a path to legal residency? That he was going to stop ICE agents from doing their job? That he was going to give illegals the freedom to commit crimes repeatedly? That he would be expunging cirminal records? That he was going to give 1 million (probably close to 2 million) work visas as temporary passports to remain in the US? Knowing that, would he be where he is today?

As for Mitt, well, do you think it would help him if he has a different approach not as favorable for illegals, which he may very well have?
Indeed it would. Unfortunately, Obama and his minions have managed to demonize all who dare oppose illegal immigration, so I think Mitt's afraid to voice his opinion. I would be willing to vote for anyone who would actually tackle this problem and not pander to illegals. But, it doesn't look like Mitt has the b***s.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:

I understand your concern. But, I don't think it's implying that most Hispanics are illegal, or that illegal aliens will be voting, although I have no doubt some will. I think the title is based on the overwhelming support illegals receive from "most" Hispanics. Let's not forget the surge in Hispanic support Obama received immediately following his deferred action announcement.

Also, Gutierrez, et al. even threatened not to support Obama if he didn't stop deporting Hispanic illegals, and honor his promise to pass CIR and the DREAM Act. The only reason Obama is pandering to illegals is to secure the Hispanic vote. They have even added the DREAM Act to the Democratic platform at the upcoming convention. Again, for the Hispanic vote. Therefore, given the circumstances, IMO, the title is appropriate.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I disagree if Romney loses I think amnesty is pretty much a certainty. The GOP will be forced by the media and advisors to acknowledge demographic reality and work with Dems on this issue.

If Romney wins I can picture him doing an Eisenhower, and get real tough on illegals. This could be the last time the GOP can halt the demographic destiny the media is fond of.
This is one time I truly hope I'm wrong. As much as I dislike Romney, if I actually believed he would enforce our laws and rid our country of illegals, I would vote for him in a heartbeat.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I understand your concern. But, I don't think it's implying that most Hispanics are illegal, or that illegal aliens will be voting, although I have no doubt some will. I think the title is based on the overwhelming support illegals receive from "most" Hispanics. Let's not forget the surge in Hispanic support Obama received immediately following his deferred action announcement.

Also, Gutierrez, et al. even threatened not to support Obama if he didn't stop deporting Hispanic illegals, and honor his promise to pass CIR and the DREAM Act. The only reason Obama is pandering to illegals is to secure the Hispanic vote. They have even added the DREAM Act to the Democratic platform at the upcoming convention. Again, for the Hispanic vote. Therefore, given the circumstances, IMO, the title is appropriate.
The title had me going. Its what the title is implying.

The subject could have differentiated the between the two.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:15 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:

That is what the lefties and ethnocentrics are saying. I know, I have read those very remarks in their blogs and forums. According to them Romney picking Ryan is somehow anti-Hispanic. Of course they think the team of Romney/Ryan is anti-Hispanic.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:29 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,602 times
Quote:

I am sure you like I know that he is not writing them off. The media has a way of lumping hispanics (and blacks) together as if we are monolithic in every aspect of our lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration