Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 09:17 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,671,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
“As we deal with the ‘fiscal cliff’ and gear up for an immigration reform and legalizing immigrants, we are pushing 90,000 parents of U.S. citizens per year off of the “deportation cliff.” We shouldn’t be deporting parents who we hope to legalize in immigration reform and leaving their children in foster care or in some other limbo,” Rep. Gutierrez told VOXXI in a statement....“There are many families who are broken because of the immigration system—many people who are U.S. citizens, many people who are green card holders, they can not reunify their families because the system is not working well for them,”...Gutierrez indicated that Congress needs to extend the deportation relief of DACA to the parents of U.S. citizens who can show they are productive members of the community.
This needs to stop!

They were deported because they were illegally here. So the fictitious 11 million number will be at least 22 million. I hope Republicans take a stand if this issue comes up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 09:54 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
Ugh, this guy is a traitor.

They don't have to leave their kids in foster care. TAKE THEM WITH YOU WHEN YOU ARE DEPORTED. Problem solved.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:59 AM

Yes they should take their children with them.

They feel like we are lenient country & would give in to their demands.

Its not our fault they left their children here.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:33 AM

62,978 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Didn't we all know that this would happen beginning with DACA? I said the next step would be to legalize their parents with cries of "separation of families". I agree, why didn't their parents take their kids with them regardless of whether or not they are called U.S. citizens? Minor kids belong with their parents. Those who aren't minors should not expect their parents to be rewarded for violating our immigration laws just because they have kids here.

Gutierrez makes me sick. He is nothing but an ethnocentric racist and there are many more like him. Everytime he flashes that fake toothy grin along with his smooth talking I just want to vomit.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Oldglory is right..this deferred action is but the tip of the iceberg.

We'll end up with blanket amnesty for tens of millions. Nothing will be done to secure the border and we'll start the next influx of illegals willing to work for under the table wages.

Nothing changes people. History DOES repeat itself; it just takes on a different tune.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:35 AM

Its nothing more than trying to increases their numbers for their kind, regardless of our naturalization process.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:36 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
And for years people have said that there is no such thing as an anchor kid.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:38 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,849,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Its nothing more than trying to increases their numbers for their kind, regardless of our naturalization process.
Sometimes statements need highlights...

Old 12-19-2012, 03:27 PM

62,978 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Sometimes statements need highlights...
Yes, especially when it is the truth no matter how negative it is.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:30 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Didn't we all know that this would happen beginning with DACA? I said the next step would be to legalize their parents with cries of "separation of families". I agree, why didn't their parents take their kids with them regardless of whether or not they are called U.S. citizens? Minor kids belong with their parents. Those who aren't minors should not expect their parents to be rewarded for violating our immigration laws just because they have kids here.

Gutierrez makes me sick. He is nothing but an ethnocentric racist and there are many more like him. Everytime he flashes that fake toothy grin along with his smooth talking I just want to vomit.
I agree with everything you said. This is no surprise, because we knew the "kids" weren't going to be offered DACA without it also including amnesty for their criminal parents. What loving parent would even entertain the thought of leaving minor children in a foreign country? And, there is absolutely nothing preventing them from taking them home, other than the desire. I know there is nothing that would cause me to leave my son, and he's almost 21. The fact that so many illegals are not only willing to abandon their children to come here, but will also abandon those born once here, speaks volumes.

By the time the greedy traitors in Congress and our pandering president finish "reunifying" illegal alien families, there will be 50 million family members joining their newly amnestied relatives.

I also get sick from the sight of Gutierrez, and usually have to change the channel when I see him on TV. His ultimate goal is POTUS, and he is well on his way given his level of respect among the majority of Hispanics in this country. Heck, most illegals consider him a step below God. Yes, it's truly sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration